Press: EU III – new screens and feature insight
New York, USA (April 27, 2006) – Europa Universalis III, Paradox Interactive’s big 2007 release, delves deeply into the areas of exploration, trade, warfare and diplomacy. This soon-to-be classic PC Strategy title will be characterized by immense depth and historical content that charge its challenging gameplay with incredible replayability value.
The franchise has many fans, and producer Johan Andersson has been sharing a few insights on the title’s new features on the Paradox forums. The newly released screenshots give hints on several of the new features, take the court for instance:
"The court is a new concept specifically designed for EU III, giving players a greater flexibility in how they mold their countries. Players can have up to 3 advisors in their court at one time, and they provide bonuses depending on their skill and category. Advisors that are not currently employed by the country of origin, may be employed by anyone else belonging to the same technology group."
Key features of Europa Universalis III, planned for Q1, 2007:
* Players can enjoy over 300 years of gameplay by starting at ANY date between 1453 and 1789.* Nation building is flexible: decide your own form of government, the structure of your society, trade politics and much more. The possibilities are endless.
* The great people and personalities of the past are on hand to support you. Take history in your hands and call personalities like Sir Isaac Newton, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart or René Descartes to your court.
* A lush topographic map in full 3D allows for a rich and complete world view, and contains more than 1700 provinces and sea zones.
* Lead any one of more than 250 countries that originally existed during the game’s extensive time span.
* Have more than a thousand historical leaders and over 4000 historical Monarchs at your disposal.
* Manage more than 100 individual unit troops to secure as much power as possible.
* Co-operative multiplayer mode allows several players to work together to control a single nation.
* Customize your game: Europa Universalis III gives you the chance to customize and mod practically anything your heart may desire. Join the constantly growing and incredibly talented Paradox modding community!