PR: WinSPWW2 to version 1.1B
This Time We REALLY Mean It!
NEW Patch Now Available For Both Versions of WinSPWW2!
Hampstead, NC, 14 July 2006
Have you ever had a day when things just didn’t go your way? No matter what, everything you touched was a disaster. Well, Shrapnel Games is having a whole week just like that.
Shrapnel Games announced on July 10th the release of a patch to upgrade WinSPWW2 to version 1.1. Due to the Laws of Murphy, the patch was first currupted, then it seems, once that problem was solved, an incomplete version was uploaded. But, there is a happy ending to this very frustrating series of events…
The Camo Workshop and Shrapnel Games would like to announce that an all new patch is now available to upgrade WinSPWW2 to version 1.1B. The patch is universal to both, upgrading the free, downloadable version, and the Enhanced CD edition. Weighing in at 5.7 MB in size the version 1.1B patch provides several fixes, tweaks, and enhancements.
Anyone with the version 1.1 patch, should download the 1.1B patch and upgrade to this new version. A thorough listing of modifications may be found on the download page, but here is a sampling of what gamers can find in the Version 1.1B upgrade patch:
- Reinforcement units that are a passenger/carrier combination now enter at the same time, previously some issues occurred with the two appearing on different turns.
- Artillery effectiveness against armor has been altered for more realistic effects, with a greater chance of immobilization hits than kills (amongst other changes).
- Short range infantry combat effects have been changed for a more give-and-take firefight.
- Optional AI force level adjustment for campaign games have been added, along with an INI file allowing gamers to modify AI points in campaign games.
- Smoke shell loadouts in campaign game upgrades has been fixed.
- Adjustment to how anti-tank gun reaction fire is handled.
- Arid maps were being treated as summer maps; desert icons will now be used in arid maps.
- Default battle length has been increased.
- Bug with multiple barges created on barge carriers after a save game reload has been fixed.
- Unit cost has been increased across the board. Most units have a slightly higher unit cost, with the cost of the heavier AFVs seeing the greatest differences. For example, a King Tiger now costs 214 points, versus 156 points in version 1.0. All scripted campaigns have been changed to reflect the cost change.
- Brand new additions to WinSPWW2 found in the patch include six new PICs, two revised sound effects, three new icons, two revised scenarios, and thirteen new scenarios! 345 scenarios are now in the game!
The version 1.1 patch, along with the full FREE version of WinSPWW2, may be downloaded from here.
WinSPWW2 is a tactical combat game featuring combined arms warfare from the years 1930 until 1946 (and for conflicts past that be sure to check out its sister game, WinSPMBT, also available from Shrapnel Games in both free and Enhanced CD editions). Based on the SSI Steel Panthers system, WinSPWW2 is a total overhaul of that venerable classic, not only bringing the system up to modern computing specifications, but turning it into one of the most detailed and highly researched turn-based wargames available for your PC.
Boasting literally hundreds of scenarios, a robust editor, security enhanced PBEM tournament capabilities, WinSPWW2 has one of the highest gameplay-to-megabyte ratios you’ll encounter, even moreso when you consider it’s absolutely FREE.
The Enhanced CD edition includes the full game (no need to download) but also offers these great extra features:
- Playable up to 1600×1200 (free version limited to 800×600 screen resolution).
- Cut and paste map editor.
- 250 secure PBEM save game slots.
- Encyclopedic sorting.
- Printed quick-start guide.
- ScenHack and CampaignHack, for converting old DOS scenarios and campaigns.
For more information on WinSPWW2 or WinSPMBT please visit us at www.shrapnelgames.com . There, you’ll find the free versions, how to order the Enhanced CD versions, and forums for fans to post new mods to the game. Of course you can also check out the complete catalog of great Shrapnel titles, covering a wide range of topics and genres while visiting.