PR: Paradox Breaks the Silence on New “Heroes” Title
Paradox breaks the silence on new "Heroes" title
Publisher signs new title from Russian Company 1C
New York, USA (June 27, 2006) – Paradox Interactive, a leading publisher and developer of critically acclaimed strategy titles, announced today that they have signed the follow-up to "Soldiers: Heroes of World War II" by Codemasters. In the new title named "Silent Heroes", the player takes control of a special operations force during World War II. The game is based on the "Heroes" engine and will appeal greatly to fans of the original title.
The original game received worldwide praise and numerous awards and was described by Gamespot as "a very good game that should appeal most to hardcore strategy fans due to its intricate, challenging gameplay and great presentation."
"Silent Heroes is a natural progression for any followers of in-depth and challenging RTS games" said Fredrik Wester, Director of Publishing at Paradox Interactive. "The game builds on the innovative gameplay from its predecessor, incorporating the best features of the famous tactical war action."
"Silent Heroes will be available worldwide from the beginning of September. The title includes the following features:
· Dozens of controllable equipment models, a vast choice of fire-arms, small arms, cold steel and more.
· Highly interactive environments (almost everything seen can be destroyed).
· A story-driven campaign focusing on sabotage missions behind enemy lines.
· Opportunities to use any items and objects on the map as shelter.
· Chances for players to seize, use and repair any pieces of equipment, including enemy ones.
· Up-to-date detailed graphics, cinema effects and high quality videos.
Suggested Retail Price for Silent Heroes is $19.99.