PR: For Liberty! has been released on Independence Day!
For Liberty! has been released on Independence Day!
In honor of the 230th anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence, we are pleased to announce that For Liberty! is now available to order and can even be purchased and downloaded immediately. That’s right, you can begin re-fighting the revolutionary war in this exciting new wargame in just a few minutes!
Those that wish the physical CD version will get their disks in about 4 weeks.
For Liberty! is a turn based computer strategy game for the PC, covering two independence wars – the North American Independence war of 1775-1783 and the Rakoczi War of Independence in Europe 1703-1711.
A free demo will be made available within a few days.
Link: For Liberty! Game Page
FOR LIBERTY! WAR OF INDEPENDENCE – GAME FEATURES
· Two theatres of operation: East Coast of North America and the Carpatian Basin in Central Europe.
· Two large had-painted, then 3D rendered maps with more than 3000 hexes each.
· 20 minutes of music for each map.
· Turn based gameplay both on the strategic and tactical level.
· Management of 6 resources: recruits, horses, muskets, cannons, money and supply.
· Influence points can be used to affect political decisions.
· 400 historical leaders in 3 ranks.
· Leaders can have up to 3 special abilities out of 16.
· 16 types of units, eg: dragoon, infantry, riflemen, militia, indians, hussars, etc.
· All units are rendered in 3D and have their own authentic uniforms. There are more than 2000 unit animations in the game!
· 8 campaigns, 4 for each theater.
· 3 kind of multiplayer capability: hot-seat, PBEM and TCP/IP.
· 3 difficulty settings
· 7 stances on the strategic map: defense, attack, rest, siege, retreat, routed and training.
· 4 kind of formations on the tactical map: skirmish, column, line and routed.
· Simple ruleset for new players and advanced ruleset for veterans.
· Realistic depiction of battles and campaigns, units will not fight to the last man, you win battles by routing the enemy army from the field.
· Lots of random events: pirates, epidemic, betrayal, fires and many others.
· Towns can be pillaged to gain supply but you lose production for a few months.
· Based on 1 full year of historical research.
· Campaign editor to create user campaigns