New Indy Game – Unity of Command – Beta Announced
An independent game developer out of Croatia, 2 x 2 Games, has anounced it is working on a new World War II turn-based strategy game called Unity of Command. 2 x 2 Games is about to launch a beta for Unity of Command and players can sign up for it at http://unityofcommand.net/testing/.
Unity of Command boasts the following features:
- Easy to learn and intuitive, with fast and flowing gameplay.
- Historically accurate operational-level units (Axis divisions, Soviet corps).
- 20+ detailed scenarios, Axis and Soviet, at the scale of 20km per hex, 4 days per turn.
- Campaign mode that puts historical and what-if scenarios in strategic context.
- Sophisticated weather model, with realistic per-hex weather.
- Novel supply system, providing for exciting battles of encirclement and breakout.
- Aggressive AI that knows how to counterattack and threaten supply lines.
- Integrated "History Mode" for after-action replays.
- Multiplayer via the Internet
Beta tests are scheduled to begin September 15th.
- Subscribe to Armchair General Magazine
- Subscribe online and save nearly 40%!