Making History II Releases on Mac – Huge PC Patch Too
Muzzy Lane has announced that its grand strategy game Making History II: The War of the World is now available for Mac OSX. The game is priced at $29.99 and will be available in English, German and French. Both the Mac and PC versions feature a huge update to the existing game.
Making History II: The War of the World (MHII) gives players the power to take full control of any world nation during the time leading up to and during the Second World War. Armchair generals and fans of grand strategy can take their turns building great empires or protecting the world from tyranny during these pivotal moments in world history. Players can control International trade, military campaigns, diplomatic negotiations, and more.
Economic historian and policy icon Niall Ferguson, who collaborated on the game, is a leading proponent of the concept that economic and ethnic instability play key roles in creating and sustaining major conflicts. The grand strategist must consider those elements in addition to military planning, and so Making History II incorporates these ideas into its gameplay to offer players a more complete grand strategy experience.
- Subscribe to Armchair General Magazine
- Subscribe online and save nearly 40%!
Coinciding with the Mac release is the most comprehensive update yet to the existing PC version.
"The Mac OSX version of Making History II is the culmination of over a years worth of continued development since the original PC version was released”, says Dave McCool, president and CEO of Muzzy Lane. “It is literally a new game. Every area has been dramatically improved, including game performance, AI behavior, the user interface and additional gameplay features. Both the new Mac version and the existing PC version will receive this massive update. In fact, using the multiplayer service, Mac and PC users can even play each other online.”
The game is a return to the tension and suspense of communal board games coupled with the latest social networking functionality. MHII’s revolutionary multiplayer service offers players their own personal user pages, a new web-enabled messaging system, friend lists, and more. The service allows MHII players to experience online games played in an asymmetric fashion where players can come by, take a turn, and leave, with no time spent waiting for other players. Games can take days, weeks, even months by relying on customizable turn durations and email notifications. The Making History Gaming Headquarters gives the community a place to gather and communicate and find available games to join.
The game can be downloaded immediately from Muzzy Lane’s own Gaming Headquarters website, http://making-history.com, and from premier online locations such as Steam, Direct2Drive, and GamersGate, among others. A free 50 turn demo is also available.
- Control hundreds of different land, sea and air units that represent historic vehicles and weapons used by major and minor powers of the era.
- Research an array of weapon systems and tactical improvements that allow upgrades for existing forces and structures to match advancing technology.
- Fly bombing missions against industrial and military targets or establish air patrols over enemy regions.
- Manage an extensive economic system covering production of resources, domestic food consumption, and international trade.
- Initiate infrastructure projects that modernize your nation and expand your economic potential.
- Construct factories and research facilities that increase the power of your nation or sabotage and destroy the buildings controlled by your enemies.
- Battle an intelligent AI that instigates, reacts and adapts to the changing game dynamics, generating action on the home front and abroad.
- Encounter unique nations, each with their own characteristics that influence behavior.
- Discover diverse populations divided by culture, ethnicity, religion and political ideology; factors that destabilize nations, provoking revolts, coups and civil wars.
- Develop your colonies, liberate captured nations, establish puppet states or annex enemy territories.
- Engage in espionage and interfere in the internal affairs of your neighbors.
- Play any nation on a beautifully rendered 3D world map.
- Enjoy a new, innovative multiplayer system that greatly reduces the obstacles to long-term games.
For more information please visit the official product page: http://making-history.com/