Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Screenshots and Info
Matrix Games and 2by3 Games are proud to release a pack of screenshots for their upcoming Eastern Front strategy game, Gary Grigsby’s War in the East. The new screenshots display the various scenarios and intense strategic and operational action facing the player over a massive and detailed game map. Apart from showing off the interface and counters that are easy on the eyes, the new images do a good job of illustrating how Gary Grigsby’s War in the East represents a truly epic representation of the Second World War on the Eastern Front.
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “Gary Grigsby’s War in the East has been steadily building up anticipation and excitement since we first announced the game. It only takes a quick look at these new screenshots to see that gamers can expect an Eastern Front wargame that is unparalleled in its scale, detail, and ambition!”
Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is the spiritual heir to the great Eastern Front board and computer wargames of the past; a turn-based World War II strategy game down to the division and brigade level, stretching across the entire Eastern Front at a 10 mile per hex scale. Gamers can engage in massive, dramatic campaigns, including intense battles involving thousands of units with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results. As with all the award-winning titles made by the 2by3 Games team, factors such as supply, fatigue, experience, morale and the skill of your divisional, corps and army leaders all play an important part in determining the results at the front line. Gary Grigsby’s War in the East comes with 4 massive campaigns as well as many smaller scenarios all with different strategic and operational challenges.
- 4 major campaigns starting in 1941, 1942, 1943, 1944
- 10 scenarios that range in length from 10 turns to 25 turns
- The map stretches from 100 miles west of Berlin to Ural mountains
- 10 miles per hex with weekly turns
- Up to roughly 4000 units in the game database with the ability to create many more!
- Division sized maneuver units with thousands of battalion and regiment sized support units
- Many different classes of support units like artillery, engineer, ski, anti-tank, pioneer, tank destroyer, and much more
- Detailed production with Russian factory evacuations realistically modeled with production penalties and rebuilding delays
- Extensive spreadsheets and reports representing tons of data and information
- Detailed yet automated accounting for support personnel and supplies/fuel/ammunition
- Losses in individual vehicles and squads
- Display of the various modifiers affecting how efficient units receive what they need
- More than 500 historical commanders with a detailed promotion and rating system
- Leaders can be dismissed, executed, fired, killed in action
- 8 rating fields measuring different attributes from combat skill to political rating
- Very detailed system to account for troops/vehicles that are disrupted, disabled and fatigued
Get more information on Gary Grigsby’s War in the East from its official product page.