StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Military/History Related Hobbies > Alternate Timelines > Science Fiction

Notices and Announcements

Science Fiction Science Fiction as a means to discuss "future history."

Old 30 Oct 10, 04:17
General
Pirate
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Dashy is simply cracking [600]
Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600]
Smile Sci Fi Wargame?

Anyone up for a bit of space battling goodness?

Should there prove to be intrest i will divulge more.

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 30 Oct 10, 10:32
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashy View Post
Anyone up for a bit of space battling goodness?

Should there prove to be intrest i will divulge more.
[Can't Resist]

Somewhere inside Tac's mind:

"What, you're getting bored of Halifax, and want to try getting blockaded in 3D? Sure I'm up for that, let me go grab my Star Destroyers and give you a taste of real firepower!"

[End Shameless Irresistible Plug]

hmmmm, I'm up for it, if you want to. The HRE game isn't taking up as much of my time as I thought, and I'm kind of secondary in the WWII ones, so the WWI game and a Civil war one offsite are the only 2 I've got that are really time consuming. And I've always loved space warfare.....but I'll warn you I'm probably going to be doing some HREish type posts, because I'm a former uber-dork sci-fi-er.......
Old 30 Oct 10, 17:57
General
Pirate
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600]
A fellow mind I see ....
Old 30 Oct 10, 18:25
General of the Forums
Wales
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C SPQR Campaign Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
More info please.

Also can it wait until some of the other campigns have finished. Many thanks .
Old 30 Oct 10, 20:33
Lieutenant General
Australia
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400]
Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400]
I'm a sucker for space-naval goodness.

Not certain ACG is the right place to float something as blatantly a-historical (or I'd have dusted off my ruleset over a year ago) but definitely onboard, wherever it is.

The magnitude of my role is extremely dependent on timing though - still battering my head against writers block on a daily basis :/

Which theme did you have in mind?
Old 30 Oct 10, 20:43
General
Pirate

It won't be starting for a while yet (as Koingerdammerung), I was thinking something "Star Cluster" size, ten or so stars with half a dozen or so planets each.

if thats too large scale (and perhaps it is) maybe a space brothers in arms kind of thing, every player commands some form of ship or ship group on an exodus of some sort.

Im happy to GM yet another game, as I will have thousands of hours opening up soon, I'll just have to make up a ruleset from scratch .

you guys just tell me what you want and I'll start working on what we will do, anything with ships kilometers long is fine by me

Old 30 Oct 10, 21:39
Lieutenant General
Australia
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400]
In my ruleset (helpfully entitled Exodus) one of the most lovingly detailed aspects of the rules is damage/repair. Not only can damage be dealt to the ship's structure, certain operational damage can be dealt - anything from shutting down internal ship-communications to the 'golden BB' that cracks the ship's reactor and blows her sky-high.

I'd be extremely interested in working with you on getting things set up, though I'd doubtlessly not actually have the time to run this on top of BiA.
Old 30 Oct 10, 22:17
General
Pirate

any chance of a PERFECTLY LEGAL copy of those rules coming my way via Email?

It would save mountains of time.
Old 30 Oct 10, 23:40
Lieutenant General
Australia
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Given I wrote them, legality isn't much of an issue

They're a fairly light dX system, will see if I can dig them up when I get home.

If we're doing much in the way of campaigning, how do you want to do FTL travel in Dashyverse? Point-to-point jumps? Hyperspace? Dimension-shift drive or slingshot? Grav-sails?
Old 31 Oct 10, 00:22
General of the Forums
Sinc
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Tsar is simply cracking [600]
Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600]
YES!!! I always am interested in sc-fi but canít get any of the slugs around here to give up their swords and shields.

Old 31 Oct 10, 01:01
Major
New_Zealand

Comrade|Ogilvy is on the path to success [1-99] Comrade|Ogilvy is on the path to success [1-99] Comrade|Ogilvy is on the path to success [1-99] Comrade|Ogilvy is on the path to success [1-99] Comrade|Ogilvy is on the path to success [1-99] Comrade|Ogilvy is on the path to success [1-99]
you guys are dorks!!!
count me in shhhhhhh
Old 31 Oct 10, 01:51
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Im happy to GM yet another game, as I will have thousands of hours opening up soon, I'll just have to makeup a ruleset from scratch.
Why not start with a simple 'old school' set like GDW's Traveller? Already worked out in detail....
Old 31 Oct 10, 02:10
General of the Forums
France
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

broderickwells has achieved enlightenment [1200+] broderickwells has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
broderickwells has achieved enlightenment [1200+] broderickwells has achieved enlightenment [1200+] broderickwells has achieved enlightenment [1200+] broderickwells has achieved enlightenment [1200+] broderickwells has achieved enlightenment [1200+] broderickwells has achieved enlightenment [1200+] broderickwells has achieved enlightenment [1200+] broderickwells has achieved enlightenment [1200+] broderickwells has achieved enlightenment [1200+] broderickwells has achieved enlightenment [1200+] broderickwells has achieved enlightenment [1200+] broderickwells has achieved enlightenment [1200+] broderickwells has achieved enlightenment [1200+] broderickwells has achieved enlightenment [1200+] broderickwells has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Must play. Must see human entrails sacrificed on the pile of other human entrails. Must change battery on vocoder because I am typing this in a monotone, with consistent word and syllable pronunciation.
Old 31 Oct 10, 02:16
General of the Forums
Sinc
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Tsar is simply cracking [600]
Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600]
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
Why not start with a simple 'old school' set like GDW's Traveller? Already worked out in detail....
God, please not Traveller.
Old 31 Oct 10, 02:27
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
I was only suggesting the space combat protion. It does work reasonably well...

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!