HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > First Person Shooters

Notices and Announcements

First Person Shooters For FPS games of all types and for all platforms.

Old 26 Oct 10, 22:24
General
United_States
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Battlefield:Vietnam

I mentioned this to Greasel_burger, but I thought I'd mention it to all. I don't know if anyone here was a fan of the battlefield games (let's just say I am a fanatical one), but they are making a DLC version of Battlefield:Vietnam for the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 engine. I already own BC2, but I know a few people that would buy the game just to buy the DLC. Anywhoo, check it out, it looks fantastic and I only hope it can live up to the original. If this was mentioned before I apologize, I browsed the FPS forum trying to make sure I didn't double-post.

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 29 Oct 10, 02:26
Captain
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Rooks Bailey is on the path to success [1-99] Rooks Bailey is on the path to success [1-99] Rooks Bailey is on the path to success [1-99] Rooks Bailey is on the path to success [1-99] Rooks Bailey is on the path to success [1-99] Rooks Bailey is on the path to success [1-99]
I love BC2 and I am looking forward to this DLC. I am also curious about the new Call of Duty Black Ops.
Old 29 Oct 10, 02:26
Colonel
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200]
I loved playing Vietnam! was my favorite game out the bunch of War-games-FPS's i got in a box set several years ago.

But sadly i have lost my game disc for this and for Battlefield 1942 (accidentally uninstalled and i got all the discs but 1 of the original 2)... so my battlefield series is ruined

Might have to pick up BF2 just for this expansion
Old 29 Oct 10, 11:54
Major
UK
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Greasel_burger is on the path to success [1-99] Greasel_burger is on the path to success [1-99] Greasel_burger is on the path to success [1-99] Greasel_burger is on the path to success [1-99] Greasel_burger is on the path to success [1-99] Greasel_burger is on the path to success [1-99] Greasel_burger is on the path to success [1-99]
Damn you EA, why are you so good at parting me with my money?
Old 01 Nov 10, 22:22
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
March Offensive Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 
Greatest Westerns Campaign 

Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300] Arkane is on a distinguished road [300]
BF:V was the game that sucked me back into gaming. I played BC2 a bit, but this may bring me back full throttle.
Welcome to the adult world. Kinda sucks when you have to be the responsible ones and take all the pot shots from the chagrined lefties and mongoloid celebrities, who don't know their collective posteriors from sound economic policy. - 98ZJUSMC
Old 04 Nov 10, 13:59
Lieutenant General
United_States
Distinguished Service Award Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200]
I missed the original Bad Company, though I heard it was great.

I'm looking forward to a new FPS to fill the void and Bad Company 2 Vietnam might be it. Especially if we can jump in our hueys, crank up some rocking 60's tunes like the original BF:V. That might be just to trick to get me in a really good FPS frame of mind...

Warhammer 40K Wisdom: Heresy grows from buggy servers.

Try to learn the difference between prudence and paranoia.
Old 04 Nov 10, 21:04
Sergeant
Canada

Shelldrake2 is on the path to success [1-99] Shelldrake2 is on the path to success [1-99]
Definitely looking forward to this one. It appears that it will be pretty good value for $15. The only downside is a limited number of maps (IIRC only 4) and that servers will have to run either BC2 or Vietnam.
Old 05 Nov 10, 08:16
First Lieutenant
Australia

PiNpOiNt99 is on the path to success [1-99] PiNpOiNt99 is on the path to success [1-99] PiNpOiNt99 is on the path to success [1-99] PiNpOiNt99 is on the path to success [1-99]
I think the BC2 game engine is more suited to a Vietnam style gameplay than the default original modern one IMO. No cover behind buildings isn't fun but this looks like a lot of fun hiding in and blowing away the jungle
Old 06 Nov 10, 21:35
General
United_States
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Lucky 6 is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Fresh trailer, showcasing a flamethrower!

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!