StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Military/History Related Hobbies > Military Modelling and Other Hobbies

Notices and Announcements

Military Modelling and Other Hobbies Discuss model building, memorabilia, art, and other hobbies.

Old 05 Nov 10, 01:45
General of the Forums
Luxembourg
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

General Brock has disabled reputation
New study finds that drinking alcohol is more harmful than drugs
such as heroin, speed, LSD... Believe it or not.
Old 05 Nov 10, 02:16
General of the Forums
Armchair_General
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 SPQR Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor 
Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) 

Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Well, if life experience is to go by my 'in laws can prove that excessive drinking doesn't slow them down.... he can drink and work all day and night, and she has wine or brandy for breakfast, then continues on till bedtime.
Oh, and by the way, would you believe they own a pub!

First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure. - Mark Twain.
Old 05 Nov 10, 11:37
Major
Scotland
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Johnny_BoomBoom is on the path to success [1-99] Johnny_BoomBoom is on the path to success [1-99] Johnny_BoomBoom is on the path to success [1-99] Johnny_BoomBoom is on the path to success [1-99] Johnny_BoomBoom is on the path to success [1-99] Johnny_BoomBoom is on the path to success [1-99] Johnny_BoomBoom is on the path to success [1-99]
All,

The band I play bass for -Psycho Babe - have today released our first single – available to download from Amazon and iTunes.

"Psycho Babe – Raw" is the title!

Please feel free to download this and get as many others to do so.....is we make it to No.1 for Xmas – I just might be able to retire on the proceeds!!!

Also, we still have tickets left for our rare ‘unplugged’ set on Thursday 11th of November in The Black Sparrow, on Charing Cross, Glasgow – tickets are Ł3 ,if you want any let me know! (Not sure if anyone is actually closde enough to Glasgow to go though...)

Hopefully, I haven't broken forum rules by posting this - if I have, mods, please deleet this and reprimand me accordingly!
Old 05 Nov 10, 17:44
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor - Ace) Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) 

razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400]
razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achtung Baby View Post
Well, if life experience is to go by my 'in laws can prove that excessive drinking doesn't slow them down.... he can drink and work all day and night, and she has wine or brandy for breakfast, then continues on till bedtime.
Oh, and by the way, would you believe they own a pub!
"Practice makes Perfect"

“The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom." - George S. Patton
Old 06 Nov 10, 19:40
ACG Forums - General Staff
Sinc
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) Model Forum Group Build Victor Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lufttiger View Post
Ok i have a question for ya guys, whats makes you an alcohalic?
When your drinking begins to affect your work and personal life. If you can't get to work because you're hungover or you won't go to a social event because alcohol is not served, I'd start looking for help.

If you say to yourself "I need a drink" and mean it in more than a cliched way. You have a problem.
Old 06 Nov 10, 20:50
Captain
Canada
Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) Model Forum Group Build Victor 

majorchuck is on the path to success [1-99] majorchuck is on the path to success [1-99] majorchuck is on the path to success [1-99] majorchuck is on the path to success [1-99] majorchuck is on the path to success [1-99] majorchuck is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freightshaker View Post
When your drinking begins to affect your work and personal life. If you can't get to work because you're hungover or you won't go to a social event because alcohol is not served, I'd start looking for help.

If you say to yourself "I need a drink" and mean it in more than a cliched way. You have a problem.
good advice my friend on tue of next I attend my first over eaters annonmus meeting addictions are the same just different substances

leo 1a2 can. rental 1977
m1a1 1/64 2003 [thunder run]
leo2a6m 'the stan'
leo1a3-c2 leopard germ.
leo2a6m barricuda camo afgan.
leo2a4 can.
Old 06 Nov 10, 21:54
General of the Forums
Armchair_General
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 SPQR Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor 

Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorboy View Post
"Practice makes Perfect"
It is amusing now, and my wife jokes about her parents all the time, but it wasn't fun for her growing up with drunk parents, not fun at all. When you buy beer and forget about school books or food for the kids you have serious issues. Her dad still seems to be keeping good health but her mum now has diabetes and refuses to curb her drinking, she'll most likely be dead soon.

Old 06 Nov 10, 22:59
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400]
triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400] triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400] triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400] triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400] triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400]
I would agree that the day that drinking starts to take precedence over the really important things such as family, work, household, etc., is when there is a problem. I usually have a beer or two after work and I don't see a problem with it.
Old 08 Nov 10, 01:12
General of the Forums
Armchair_General

Well, I've started packing stuff on my bench, looks like I'll need to have a spring clean out aswell.... seems to be some stuff I haven't touched since Adam was a boy. I have 75 jars of Tamiya paints, about 5% of them are probably near empty... and over 40 Humbrol tins, don't know why I keep these, I hardly touch them. I hope the wife doesn't mind me pinching the school lunch boxes to keep the smaller stuff intact.

Old 10 Nov 10, 02:08
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor 

Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Wife is out of town for the weekend. What shall I do?
I know... a three day wargaming con and then a judo club fundraiser at the pub. Very convenient timing. Now with my wife out of town which of you guys will be my date for the pub?
Sponsored Links

Old 10 Nov 10, 02:30
General of the Forums
Pirate
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300]
Watch violent movies.

--Hávamál
Old 10 Nov 10, 11:04
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) Model Forum Group Build Victor 

AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200]
what time are you picking me up....of course I have to bring my little girl with us..
Old 10 Nov 10, 14:41
Second Lieutenant
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 

SgtTerry is on the path to success [1-99] SgtTerry is on the path to success [1-99] SgtTerry is on the path to success [1-99] SgtTerry is on the path to success [1-99] SgtTerry is on the path to success [1-99] SgtTerry is on the path to success [1-99]
Well, just thought I would let everyone know that my wife, puppy and I have arrived safely at our new duty station in Germany. I haven't really been able to do much with all the inprocessing but we have a four day weekend this weekend so I'm hoping to at least get out and see the local sights. My wife was pretty mad at me when she found out that I had her pack only one suitcase and then half filled another suitcase with models Anyways, pics will be posted in the pics thread here when I get a chance to take them.
Old 10 Nov 10, 16:25
General
United_States
Greatest Westerns Campaign Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) Model Forum Group Build Victor 

lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700]
lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Judging by what you guys say here, i'm far from being alcohalic, guess i
need to try harder
Nah, i really like what Duncan said, so i'm going that route to see if i drop
any weight. No cocktails at night anymore except Fri & Sat.
So far it seems i've lost 2 lbs already
Old 10 Nov 10, 19:15
General of the Forums
Pirate
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lufttiger View Post
Judging by what you guys say here, i'm far from being alcohalic
I'm not alcohalic either, of course I'm underage, but ANYWAYS...

--Hávamál

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!