StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Military/History Related Hobbies > Military Modelling and Other Hobbies

Notices and Announcements

Military Modelling and Other Hobbies Discuss model building, memorabilia, art, and other hobbies.

Old 03 Nov 10, 10:46
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) Model Forum Group Build Victor 

AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200]
Scotch for breakfast!! Your my hero!
Old 03 Nov 10, 11:26
General
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
Greatest Westerns Campaign Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) Model Forum Group Build Victor 

lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700]
lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Lol, i've had the same problem, waking up every morning at 2 am.
I've tried both not having anything to drink, and having a couple of
large drinks. Neither works.
May have something to do with two months ago, someone or something
heavy running across my roof at 2 am??
Old 03 Nov 10, 11:37
Brigadier General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build Victor Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 

modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100]
That's a little scary.
Old 03 Nov 10, 12:13
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) Model Forum Group Build Victor 

AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lufttiger View Post
...May have something to do with two months ago, someone or something
heavy running across my roof at 2 am??
What like a 20 lb squirrel?
Old 03 Nov 10, 15:08
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor 
Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) 

Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
As soon as I lie down my sinuses close up and my mind starts running overtime. I'm also on afternoon shift for the first time in years. My body isn't adjusting well. Oh yeah. And I have trouble winding down from four hours of judo. Just a bunch of little things stacking up. Hopefully I'll just fall over in a day or two and my body will adjust. I'll be back on day shift next week thank god.
Sponsored Links

Old 03 Nov 10, 15:29
General
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
Greatest Westerns Campaign Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) Model Forum Group Build Victor 

lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG_AirborneBob View Post
What like a 20 lb squirrel?
Naw more like a 200lb thing, we've had racoons, cats, dogs, and possum,
but this was so loud, both my wife & i jumped up and looked at each "WTF"
was that?
Checked the whole house, even the security lights weren't on...odd
Old 03 Nov 10, 15:30
General
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
As soon as I lie down my sinuses close up and my mind starts running overtime. I'm also on afternoon shift for the first time in years. My body isn't adjusting well. Oh yeah. And I have trouble winding down from four hours of judo. Just a bunch of little things stacking up. Hopefully I'll just fall over in a day or two and my body will adjust. I'll be back on day shift next week thank god.
I'll bet thats it Duncan, new shift, body telling you to knock it off!
Old 03 Nov 10, 15:54
ACG Forums - General Staff
Sinc
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) Model Forum Group Build Victor Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Naw more like a 200lb thing, we've had racoons, cats, dogs, and possum,
but this was so loud, both my wife & i jumped up and looked at each "WTF"
was that?
Checked the whole house, even the security lights weren't on...odd
Santa Clause on a dry run?
Old 03 Nov 10, 21:32
Brigadier General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build Victor Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 

modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Lol
Old 04 Nov 10, 09:04
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400]
triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400] triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400] triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400] triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400] triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400]
Well, Santa had better be a little more careful. He is liable to get a bad case of lead poisoning pulling stunts like that.
Old 04 Nov 10, 21:06
General
United_States

Ha good point Chad, why i didn't pull out my 9mm?, it would of
scared the **** out of my wife. In hinesite i should have?
Old 04 Nov 10, 21:37
General
United_States

Ok i have a question for ya guys, whats makes you an alcohalic?
Being serious here, is two big drinks at dinner too much?
Saying that were talking 4 oz per drink?
Granted i can easly not have a drink at a given night. But i'm worried
that all my exercise is going to waste, and i'm gainging wait more now
than ever. What to do?
Old 04 Nov 10, 21:55
General of the Forums
Armchair_General
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C SPQR Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) 

Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
I rarely drink, when I say that it's probably a six pack of coke and whiskey(don't ban me Duncan!) every 3 months or more.... and only one can a night.

A couple of beers at night isn't a problem I feel, my dad always had a beer at night, most of the time just one can or stubbie.

First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure. - Mark Twain.
Old 04 Nov 10, 22:20
General
United_States
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) Model Forum Group Build Victor 

Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300]
I would define it as drinking an amount that impairs your better judgment. If you can still hold a an intelligent conversation and be fully coherent then it is not a problem. You can't really put a drink number on it as alcohol effects different people differently. I myself don't drink at all, so any amount of alcohol would make me 3 sheets to the wind.

On the workbench: 1:48 tornado / 1:48 B-25 / 1:48 Rafale B / 1:72 SU-24 / 1:48 HE-111 / 1:72 SR-75 / 1:72 A-12 / 1:32 ME-262B / 1:72 B-17 / 1:48 Mig-25 / 1:48 A-7D / M-48 Patton /1:32 BF-110 / 1:32 P-40 / Worf
Old 05 Nov 10, 00:10
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor 
Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) 

Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Ok i have a question for ya guys, whats makes you an alcohalic?
Being serious here, is two big drinks at dinner too much?
Saying that were talking 4 oz per drink?
Granted i can easly not have a drink at a given night. But i'm worried
that all my exercise is going to waste, and i'm gainging wait more now
than ever. What to do?
Try not drinking for a month or two. Can you do it? Are there things you should be doing instead of having a drink? I think that the doctors consider more than two drinks (1oz of hard liquor each I think) a day too much from a health perspective.

I quit going to the pub Thursday nights. I limit myself to one evening a month. The beer and chicken wings were cancelling the excercise and my cholesterol was creeping up. I have a friend who is overweight, drinks and smokes. He says, "We all gotta die sometime." I say it's not dying that worries me it's the quality of the ten years before that. Heard an interesting show the other day. A gent was saying that exercise and proper diet is a moral responsibility because good health is necessary to look after our family and community.

Last edited by Duncan; 05 Nov 10 at 00:16..
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!