StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Military/History Related Hobbies > Military Modelling and Other Hobbies

Notices and Announcements

Military Modelling and Other Hobbies Discuss model building, memorabilia, art, and other hobbies.

Old 29 Oct 10, 22:19
ACG Forums - General Staff
Sinc
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) Model Forum Group Build Victor Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtTerry View Post
Well the movers came and packed up all our stuff and hauled it off today. I've decided to leave my completed models with my parents instead of trusting them to the movers. Hopefully the ones I complete in Germany I will be able to pack carefully enough to bring home.
Good decision. "Movers" and "trust" should not be used in the same sentence.

For those who don't know; I now have a valid excuse for not building. I'm back out on the road due to layoffs at my surveying firm. I am home 2 days out of the week but that time is best spent with the wife. I tried modeling on the road before and it just didn't work and lately the runs I've had haven't given me much time for anything else but eating, sleeping and driving.
Old 30 Oct 10, 00:24
Brigadier General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build Victor Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 

modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Good decision with the wife... If Momma ain't happy...

Be careful on the road.
Old 01 Nov 10, 14:13
General
United_States
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) Model Forum Group Build Victor 

Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300]
Due to the Saints game last night Halloween was trunkcated this year. I only had 4 groups of trick or treaters show up, well that and a racoon that pollished off the cat food.

On the workbench: 1:48 tornado / 1:48 B-25 / 1:48 Rafale B / 1:72 SU-24 / 1:48 HE-111 / 1:72 SR-75 / 1:72 A-12 / 1:32 ME-262B / 1:72 B-17 / 1:48 Mig-25 / 1:48 A-7D / M-48 Patton /1:32 BF-110 / 1:32 P-40 / Worf
Old 01 Nov 10, 17:35
General of the Forums
Armchair_General
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C SPQR Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) 

Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
I'm not a fan of Halloween, only the retailers show the only interest in it here in Oz.... we got at least a dozen groups of kids show up at our house trick or treating. We didn't have many lollies to hand out so my wife mixed some sugarless ones, problem is, if you eat too many of those they cause a laxative effect!

First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure. - Mark Twain.
Old 01 Nov 10, 21:29
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400]
triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400] triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400] triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400] triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400] triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achtung Baby View Post
I'm not a fan of Halloween, only the retailers show the only interest in it here in Oz.... we got at least a dozen groups of kids show up at our house trick or treating. We didn't have many lollies to hand out so my wife mixed some sugarless ones, problem is, if you eat too many of those they cause a laxative effect!
I guess that that would mean that the 'Trick' is on the Trick or Treater's.
Old 02 Nov 10, 19:04
General
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
Greatest Westerns Campaign Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) Model Forum Group Build Victor 

lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700]
lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Sign of the times?, for the last year i've been taken photos of my girl at swim meets.
I've also photographed the rest of the team and posted the pics on one of my sites.
I've even had parrents order some pictures of their kids, but now, they want
them off if i can't password protect that page.
It bothers me a bit that people think these could be used for something bad.

So i password protected it. If that fails, i'll pull them all off, and most likely
quit photographing the events.
Old 02 Nov 10, 19:09
General of the Forums
Armchair_General
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C SPQR Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) 

Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
I'm surprised your allowed to photograph at a swim meet full stop, we have a ban on cameras at public pools etc, I can't even take a pic of my kids in kindergarten, but I can understand their reasoning. I'm sure our primary school has a similar policy.

Old 02 Nov 10, 19:26
General
United_States
Greatest Westerns Campaign Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) Model Forum Group Build Victor 

lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700] lufttiger is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Yeah your right, i see their point too. But here we have no such ban.
As a matter of fact at some of these meets almost every parrent has a
camera. Here's the other thing, anybody can come off the street and go
up in the stands and photograph these kids with out permission.
Where as i will have to fill out a background check to become the team
photogrpaher.
Old 02 Nov 10, 19:41
General of the Forums
Armchair_General

I remember last year we had a Halloween night just down the road from my place, in a historical mining village. We all dressed up as monsters and joined in the festivities, my wife's sister and I entered in the best dressed competition and we both won first prize! The local paper took photos and we hoped to see our ugly faces in the news the following week, only to find a local council member got all the glory, simply because she was dressed up. them.

Anyway, I went back to this place to get a copy of our photo, only to be told they couldn't due to privacy reasons, even though they had all the pics on a wall for everyone to see. They never returned my emails.

Incidentally, the prizes were crap, a hat that was too small and a glass bottle of local cordial.... which ended up down the toilet because it was so awful.

Old 02 Nov 10, 21:50
Brigadier General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build Victor Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 

modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100]
No wonder you don't like Halloween!
Sponsored Links

Old 02 Nov 10, 22:12
ACG Forums - General Staff
Sinc
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) Model Forum Group Build Victor Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
That really sucks Chris. It kind of reminds me of Little Miss Sunshine when there are men watching the show who don't have kids entered in it.
Old 02 Nov 10, 23:21
General
United_States

Yeah FS, it really got to me, for the first time in over 30 years of being
a photographer, i had people tell me to not have my photographs on my site.
I never thought of my pics of being something evil, but of being good fun
for families. Well i need to rethink it i guess, and see the real world...sigh!
Old 03 Nov 10, 08:38
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor 
Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) 

Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
It's 430am and I can't sleep... again.
Had a jam sandwich, porkchop sandwich, and two glasses of scotch.
Old 03 Nov 10, 10:23
General of the Forums
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C SPQR Campaign 
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Sympathies Duncan... have you tried staying awake rather than trying to get to sleep? I find it works for me.

Cheers
A.
Old 03 Nov 10, 11:14
General of the Forums
Luxembourg
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

General Brock has disabled reputation
You must have guts of iron...

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!