StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > First Person Shooters

Notices and Announcements

First Person Shooters For FPS games of all types and for all platforms.

Old 02 Apr 11, 17:24
Private
Hungary

mikeistvar is on the path to success [1-99]
Quake II was the first FPS I played.
Old 30 Apr 11, 00:21
Private First Class
United_States

SamLBusby is on the path to success [1-99]
The original Doom, Wolfenstein, and Duke Nukem 3d with Duke being the first game I played multiplayer over the modem and a little program called Kali. (Anyone remember Kali?)
Old 21 May 12, 12:42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon SPQR Campaign 

ForIAmSparticus is on the path to success [1-99] ForIAmSparticus is on the path to success [1-99] ForIAmSparticus is on the path to success [1-99] ForIAmSparticus is on the path to success [1-99] ForIAmSparticus is on the path to success [1-99] ForIAmSparticus is on the path to success [1-99] ForIAmSparticus is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Nickname View Post
Battlefield 1942 was the first FPS that I bought for PC, no CURRENT series of games (COD, MOH, etc) today beats the battlefield series IMO
Battlefield is a current series of games!
Old 22 May 12, 12:16
General
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

slick24 is simply cracking [600]
slick24 is simply cracking [600] slick24 is simply cracking [600] slick24 is simply cracking [600] slick24 is simply cracking [600] slick24 is simply cracking [600] slick24 is simply cracking [600] slick24 is simply cracking [600] slick24 is simply cracking [600] slick24 is simply cracking [600] slick24 is simply cracking [600] slick24 is simply cracking [600] slick24 is simply cracking [600]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasel_burger View Post
Ah memories, i just remember the Dark Trooper Mk1 being terrifying, and the 4th mission being a deathtrap of falls

Oh and i forgot to mention Full Throttle, the fallout new vegas music reminded me of that old old gem!
Full Throttle rocked...I loved the wind-up bunnies clearing the way through the minefield to the Ride of the Valkryies classical music..
Old 22 Aug 12, 17:22
Private
United_States

OIFVeteran2003 is on the path to success [1-99]
First FPS I ever played was Conflict: Desert Storm on the Playstation 2, unless Duck Hunter on the Nintendo counts
Sponsored Links

Old 26 Jan 13, 07:53
Corporal
Germany

Judith is on the path to success [1-99] Judith is on the path to success [1-99] Judith is on the path to success [1-99]
first multiplayer fps i played was medal of honor allied assault, what a great game it was. too bad the MOH franchise went modern... WWII setting was perfect for MOH (and still would be) imho.
Old 26 Jan 13, 07:55
Private
Sweden

Maxio is a balanced individual [0]
Well it was castle wolfenstein on a 486 pc computer haha
Old 01 Mar 13, 23:23
Private
UK

Joelph is a balanced individual [0]
Medal of honou were the first fps' i got into, BF 1942 was a big game for me, followed by the first call of duty.
Old 03 Mar 13, 16:30
Lieutenant Colonel
EU
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

grishnak is on the path to success [1-99] grishnak is on the path to success [1-99] grishnak is on the path to success [1-99] grishnak is on the path to success [1-99] grishnak is on the path to success [1-99] grishnak is on the path to success [1-99]
hooked on Half Life.
Old 05 Mar 13, 05:47
Major General
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300]
The original Doom for Windows 95 with my 16-bit Pentium processor. Those were good days. Then Quake, and Half-Life. Then Counterstrike and Unreal Tournament. Good memories. Oh the joy of being young and living out my violent fantasies. I'll tell you, the best way to relieve a young man's infatuation with weapons and killing is to let them play it out in a video game.
Old 05 Mar 13, 07:35
General of the Forums
Armchair_General
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 SPQR Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor 
Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) 

Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Doom, Redneck Rampage and Hexen.

First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure. - Mark Twain.
Old 05 Mar 13, 12:09
Major
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Charger is on the path to success [1-99] Charger is on the path to success [1-99] Charger is on the path to success [1-99] Charger is on the path to success [1-99] Charger is on the path to success [1-99] Charger is on the path to success [1-99]
Doom II, then Duke Nukem 3D. Duke Nukem 2 was amazing but it wasn't an FPS.
Old 10 Mar 13, 19:47
Sergeant
Germany

mpitsch is on the path to success [1-99] mpitsch is on the path to success [1-99] mpitsch is on the path to success [1-99]
Jurassic Park on SNES had a FPS part but the first FPS I played on a computer was Quake II. Aaaaah good times...
Old 13 Mar 13, 17:12
General
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 

Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300]
Wolfenstein 3d - Shareware baby!!

Then Knee Deep in The Shores of Hell - First Episode of Doom. (Both were the products of kick-ass programmers from Texas!)
Old 13 Mar 13, 22:30
Captain
Canada
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Wolfleader is on the path to success [1-99] Wolfleader is on the path to success [1-99] Wolfleader is on the path to success [1-99] Wolfleader is on the path to success [1-99] Wolfleader is on the path to success [1-99] Wolfleader is on the path to success [1-99]
The original Wolfenstein for me too, followed a year later by Doom (I snagged a copy of the demo from my friend's old BBS board).

I still remember getting dizzy/motion sickness from the original Wolfenstein game. Also how, IIRC at 7 megs Doom was already a sizable install for my 125mb HD

On a side note, anyone here remember playing 4 player death match in GoldenEye for the N64. The one where everyone said they'd follow an honor code and never look at the other people's screen but totally did so anyways.
Sings we a song of man.
Who smells gold and slays his brother
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!