StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > Simulations

Notices and Announcements

Simulations Flight, tank, naval, and any other Sim players gather here.

Old 29 Sep 10, 04:50
Brigadier General
Pirate
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokturnal View Post
All good mate, as Mackie said, RL comes first of course. Hope all is well.

Chernarus 5 0 should be good fun with a couple more players - Provided we survive the 2nd task....Deffinitely need a new approach for the 3rd task though.
The mafia shoot-out on the other hand, that would require alot of patience and lucky shots to complete..pistols...Bah!

Was the old A2 campaign playable through co-op? There's a couple of missions in there that could be fun.
Who knew Priests could be so deadly?

Yeah, the entire A2 campaign was available for coop. What missions were you thinking?

You guys good for this Friday?
Old 29 Sep 10, 04:52
General of the Forums
Israel
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Unless some more surprises, I'm good for Friday.
Old 29 Sep 10, 05:37
Sergeant Major
UK
5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build 

Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99] Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99] Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99] Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99] Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99] Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackie
Who knew Priests could be so deadly?
Must of been the bloody CIA, once again training religious fanatics

Quote:
Yeah, the entire A2 campaign was available for coop. What missions were you thinking?
Actually i'm just going off memory at the moment - I've started making my way through the campaign again though, so i'll take note.
But off the top of my head, i was thinking Manhattan..As annoying as it was in SP, with 4 players it might not be as bad. We could even split into 2 teams and tackle an objective each.

Of course there's still hundreds of user-made coop missions we could take a look at too. I don't think we're ever going to run out...

I should be good for Friday too.
Old 29 Sep 10, 08:50
Sergeant Major
UK

Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99] Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99] Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99] Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99] Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99] Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99]
I think it's about time for the AAR of the successful Delta Force mission.
Being limited to 12 pics per post, this might have to take up 2 posts instead - There's just too much awesome-ness that would be left out otherwise.

Okay so once again the objective is to get into the city of Zargabad and then to search the marked compound for 3 pieces of intel.
This time, we've finally got a 4-man team!

Anyway, on to the action....

As we set off, an AT soldier is spotted on a roof top 200m in front of us. Erkki and I both ask if we should drop him, and with the green light given, he's dropped.
We decide to break off into two 2-man groups for the initial push up the hill, and then defence of the hill.
Golani and Mackie make their way up the hill, with us following shortly after.

We're stopped a couple of times when some enemies are spotted in and around the buildings below. They don't last long, but we fear we've woken up the town by now.
Moments after this pic was taken, an enemy technical is seen moving down the road and to the area where enemies were seen. Luckily we're not spotted and it continues towards the East side of town.

Re-grouped once again briefly, and with good timing, we all engage the vehicle and the half dozen enemies which are down the street.
That's just the beginning though, deeper in the town more can be seen advancing.

Just before we reach the top of the hill we split up once again. Golani and Mackie move to the right of the house atop the hill, facing the enemy coming from the South.
While Erkki and I have taken position on the left side of the hill, focusing our fire on the enemies coming from the East.

It's not belong before one of us is hit, this time i'm the lucky one.
Golani and Mackie had begun to move down the hill just as another handful of enemy units emerge.
With Erkki still providing sniper support, Golani returns with Mackie covering him, to drag me to safety and heal me. Moments later, Mackie is hit too...This is a dangerous house to be near...

Patched up and good to go, i now join Golani and Mackie down the hill.
Erkki has found himself a nice position to keep sniping so we move without him until we reach the outskirts of the city.

With Erkki now at our side again, we slowly move into the town.
Once we re-group, Golani plans our route to the compound while Erkki seeks a new sniper's perch.

Time for a map pic.
From here, Erkki provides support briefly but ditches this location when he falls out of the house due to yet another classic Arma bug. After being treated, he then opts for a position closer to us as we near the compound.
Mackie, Golani and I meanwhile have almost hit the road we are most concerned with, which is where the majority of enemy forces will be approaching the compound from once we enter the compound.

Prior to crossing the street, Erkki took up position in the building above us and provided cover as we crossed and begun to move on to the compound.
In this pic we've just spotted an enemy unit coming out of the top floor of the compound and Golani rushes around to the left of the buildings to get a better view as Mackie and I rain down grenades on the position.

We've now entered the compound and begin to search the premises. Golani takes the stairs while Mackie and i start to move into the ground level rooms, but are delayed by the enemy units who have already begun making their way to our position.
In the distance we can hear Erkki firing almost constantly so we know the battle is about to get ugly...

Seconds later all hell breaks loose. Gunfire can be heard from most directions.
I've just moved up to take a look down the main street and managed to take down a couple of enemies before i myself started taking fire and went prone to reload.

Golani, who had just moved in to search the final 2nd storey room, spots half a dozen men in the courtyard and starts opening fire.
I leave the room i was searching to assist and from one of the other ground level buildings, Mackie sends a few rounds their way too.
Of course all this time Erkki was with us, from his position down the road.

Part 1/2
Continued next post...
Old 29 Sep 10, 08:56
Sergeant Major
UK

Erkki has been wounded and calls for help. With our immediate area more or less secured we move back to tend to him.
Knowing there are more enemies in the area, Golani and I go to him together while Mackie continues to sweep for enemies.

Golani enters first and is cut down by enemy fire just inches from where Erkki's body lies.
I run in after him, but the enemy is on the move so i leave the building and catch him through the open passage way as he flees.
After a quick scout around the area i return to heal them.

While i was doing that, Mackie was "borrowing" a nearby truck so we could escape the town after (we thought) we'd finished the mission.

Another map pic just to show the town in full.

On the way out of the danger zone we begun to talk about the objective, and how we hadn't seen a pop-up telling us we'd completed it.
Sensing we'd made a mistake we check our maps - Well except for Mackie who is busy getting us the hell out of there before more opfor arrived.

We had indeed made a mistake, however it was wise to get out of there when we did considering more enemy were coming and we hadn't a clue where from.
We've now stopped at a house on the outskirts of town, this time to the South.
Erkki enters and gets to a high point to watch for any enemies who may be heading our way.

Gathering up our courage once again, we journey back in to the town to make another sweep of the compound.
Erkki stays back at the house as he's got a good view and can support us while we're in there.
Here you can see some of our earlier "work" in taking and clearing the compound. At the moment, Golani and I are covering Mackie while he searches for the last piece of intel.

It's not long before they find us again.
Unluckily for him, Golani is much too quick and he's dead before he has a chance to fire on us. Unluckily for us, this draws the other enemies closer.

A couple more are spotted and quickly eliminated as Mackie moves in to the final room.
In the distance we can hear Erkki joining in.

That's what we wanted to see!
With all the intel collected and no more enemies in sight we quickly board the truck and return to pick-up Erkki.

While Erkki is exiting the building a lone enemy is seen approaching our position.
Not a wise move, with all 3 of us now just itching to use up the last of our ammo he's cut down in a quick and loud burst of fire.
After this we all again board the truck and drive off into the mountains to end the mission.

This was actually a shot that was taken before we returned to the compound, but it was one of the only ones where we were all in the shot and despite being unplanned, looks as though we actually posed.
So i figured it would be a good way to end...The end!

As always, the rest can be found here - http://img52.imageshack.us/g/arma2oa...522182528.jpg/

Last edited by Nokturnal; 29 Sep 10 at 10:13..
Old 29 Sep 10, 09:22
Brigadier General
Pirate

Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300]
T'was a great mission.

Nicely planned and executed if a bit hairy at times especially when people were getting hit but we pulled it off.

Just imagine the A-Team theme playing when you see that last picture.
Old 29 Sep 10, 10:33
Sergeant Major
UK

Yep it was a blast, and although we were outnumbered about 20:1, we still managed to survive!

Quote:
Just imagine the A-Team theme playing when you see that last picture.
Old 29 Sep 10, 12:53
General of the Forums
Israel
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
lol, awesome as always mate! love the last one, I can still remember it, we all knew the mission was not complete but everybody were like "do we really have to fing go back? oh yeah sure I'm in!" we all crapped our simulated pants.

I finished the mission with about 11 kills IIRC, I thought I got a lot, but then when you see Erkki's count.....
Old 29 Sep 10, 13:36
ACG Forums - Field Marshal
Sami
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golani View Post
lol, awesome as always mate! love the last one, I can still remember it, we all knew the mission was not complete but everybody were like "do we really have to fing go back? oh yeah sure I'm in!" we all crapped our simulated pants.
Agreed, it was pretty intense, a whole hour just flew by!

Quote:
I finished the mission with about 11 kills IIRC, I thought I got a lot, but then when you see Erkki's count.....
I attend Sweden´s sport shooting school, so it isn´t that strange

Max Sterner
Old 30 Sep 10, 20:04
Sergeant Major
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golani View Post
Yep We even delayed the return-trip by having a short break to get drinks n such.

I was thinking about it afterwards though...I don't think it would of been as fun if we'd collected all the intel in the first attempt. Having to return just added so much to the mission.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erkki
I attend Sweden´s sport shooting school, so it isn´t that strange
Well that makes me feel a bit better But it really was a huge gap - Not that i'm complaining of course...If you weren't such a good shot we may not of all lasted as long as we did. You're deffinitely our designated marksman from now on

Out of curiosity, Erkki, do you think you got most of those kills in the opening engagements or later on when we reached the compound?
Sponsored Links

Old 01 Oct 10, 03:55
Sami
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700]
I seem to recall that I had 22 when we reached the house of death. So I would say must in opening.

Max Sterner
Old 07 Oct 10, 06:48
Brigadier General
Pirate

Y'all good for tomorrow?
Old 07 Oct 10, 14:00
General of the Forums
Israel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackie View Post
Y'all good for tomorrow?
Unfortunately, I'm out of it...
Old 07 Oct 10, 15:20
Sami

I am ready, how about the other days for you guys, both are fine with me

Max Sterner
Old 07 Oct 10, 20:57
Sergeant Major
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erkki View Post
I seem to recall that I had 22 when we reached the house of death. So I would say must in opening.
I thought that was the case. I remember quite a few times back near the house on the hill, i had just lined up a shot and was about to fire, but you were a fraction of a second quicker and he had already dropped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackie
Y'all good for tomorrow?
Yeah i'll be around tonight, as i said on MSN i'll be a bit later than the last few weeks but i'll be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golani
Unfortunately, I'm out of it...
No worries mate.
We found another =RTY= Delta force mission last week too, so next time we can all meet up we should give that a go. Looks equally challenging as the last one, but possibly more time consuming.

Anyway, i'll see you guys later tonight.
The Unsung 'Nam mod was corrupted when it finished downloading.. But i managed to get the 1.5 ACE release so we can play some of those missions if you're keen.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!