StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > Simulations

Notices and Announcements

Simulations Flight, tank, naval, and any other Sim players gather here.

Old 20 Sep 10, 20:51
Sergeant Major
UK
5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build 

Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99] Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99] Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99] Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99] Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99] Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99]
Firstly, regarding the pics of the latest event, i've been lazy...There were about 700 pics all up so i've still not sorted through them all yet.
But rest assured i'll get a few mini AARs thrown together by the end of the week.

Secondly, Golani, you won't have to shoot me for my smoke screen jokes - Mackie already shot me a couple of times. Randomly, and without provocation i might add. But it was very amusing so it's all good.

Erkki was having some issues with joining (kept dropping out) so Mackie and I were waiting around the starting position, then suddenly Mackie says something.
I don't quite hear him so i turn (my character) and ask "what was that?" - As i turn, i see him backing up a few steps, pull out his pistol, and fire at me....
Confused and now checking if i require medical assistance, he repeats it "G17's at 10 paces"...

I would of then returned the favour but i hadn't equipped myself with a pistol that time - So you win.. this round.. haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackie
Good game this Friday although we didn't actually complete much it was still good fun.
Yes we managed to find some pretty hard missions - Outpost for example..
We really just need to find the best position for the ZU-23... Once we've got that operational and with good LOS we should last a bit longer.
But i do remember seeing an insane number of enemy units heading up the hill when we last died - So it won't be easy to finish this one...

Quote:
I forgot to set Fraps to take a pic every x seconds so I only got a few crap pictures. The footage I got was also pretty crap.
I'll try to get some video footage next time around, might help encourage more people to join us for the next event.

Quote:
A few more missions have been added to Armaholic for OA but don't forget there's the 28 pages of coop missions in the standard ArmA 2 section.
Yes there's more than a few standard A2 missions we could be playing - As we discussed the other day, alot of those Baghdad missions would be great fun to play with other people too.
Before the next event i'll try find a few we can play. I can already think of a couple i've played in SP which should be worth a look.

Quote:
If you fancy different there's always this (sod L4D):
Hmm not that keen on zombies in Arma - I tried the new Celery mission, Dawn of the Apocalypse, and just couldn't see the attraction. I can see why people are impressed, the fancy scripts people come up with are great, but the gameplay is too far from being Arma-like.

Quote:
I won't be able to make it next Friday, uni commitments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golani
How about a different day then? Saturday/Sunday?
This weekend i plan to be home most the time, so if we can't catch up Friday evening (well evening for me) then Sat/Sun could work.
Might have to drag me away from battling Mujahideen in Afghanistan though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erkki
Same here, any time, even if it is 3 AM, I stopped sleeping long ago...
All that cola huh?
Old 21 Sep 10, 07:30
General of the Forums
Israel
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokturnal View Post
This weekend i plan to be home most the time, so if we can't catch up Friday evening (well evening for me) then Sat/Sun could work.
Just making sure- we'll be meeting on MSN right? I'll be online- whenever you guys are up we'll go for it.

Quote:
Crap, forgotten all about that..I should give it a look too...
Old 22 Sep 10, 06:33
Brigadier General
Pirate
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300]
*sips tea*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokturnal View Post
Firstly, regarding the pics of the latest event, i've been lazy...There were about 700 pics all up so i've still not sorted through them all yet.
But rest assured i'll get a few mini AARs thrown together by the end of the week.
*spits out tea*

700 pics!?!

Quote:
Secondly, Golani, you won't have to shoot me for my smoke screen jokes - Mackie already shot me a couple of times. Randomly, and without provocation i might add. But it was very amusing so it's all good.

Erkki was having some issues with joining (kept dropping out) so Mackie and I were waiting around the starting position, then suddenly Mackie says something.
I don't quite hear him so i turn (my character) and ask "what was that?" - As i turn, i see him backing up a few steps, pull out his pistol, and fire at me....
Confused and now checking if i require medical assistance, he repeats it "G17's at 10 paces"...

I would of then returned the favour but i hadn't equipped myself with a pistol that time - So you win.. this round.. haha

Quote:
Yes we managed to find some pretty hard missions - Outpost for example..
We really just need to find the best position for the ZU-23... Once we've got that operational and with good LOS we should last a bit longer.
But i do remember seeing an insane number of enemy units heading up the hill when we last died - So it won't be easy to finish this one...
Yeah, the ZU is definitely the key to that, it's just about getting it in the right position although we don't get a lot of time to prepare. I think we could pull it off. Just.

As the infantry approaches from all angles the outlying positions will get breached, eventually. It will be a case of falling back to the building in the centre. We also need a good position for the Medical M113.

Quote:
I'll try to get some video footage next time around, might help encourage more people to join us for the next event.
I'll get better footage and shots next time.

Quote:
Yes there's more than a few standard A2 missions we could be playing - As we discussed the other day, alot of those Baghdad missions would be great fun to play with other people too.
Before the next event i'll try find a few we can play. I can already think of a couple i've played in SP which should be worth a look.
I'll have a look through them as well. We'll definitely have to do that GK Baghdad one too, looked great.

Quote:
I can't make Friday but if you guys can play on Saturday or Sunday I'll be able to join.
Old 24 Sep 10, 07:40
Sergeant Major
UK

Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99] Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99] Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99] Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99] Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99] Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golani View Post
Just making sure- we'll be meeting on MSN right? I'll be online- whenever you guys are up we'll go for it.
Well just to be sure i'm on TS, MSN and will try log on to the Hamachi server you made.
This time i'm online here too just in case

Quote:
Crap, forgotten all about that..I should give it a look too...
If you're still not sure about buying it, give the demo a look - It's got a couple of missions, one being the first mission of the first campaign from the full-game, but with a bonus Shilka! It tears down buildings with ease...
I still haven't got around to posting my impressions, and so far i've yet to win a single battle..Feels quite different from CMSF, harder to balance moving faster to get to the enemy before they flee, and not move so fast you walk right into an ambush and lose a dozen men.

Sometimes i can't help but feel that certain missions are meant to be failed

Quote:
700 pics!?!
740 to be exact - Though that's before i have weeded out all the crap ones.. Plus we did have a couple of missions there that just failed from the get go (disconnects and such) so probably more like 400-500 worth keeping.

Quote:
As the infantry approaches from all angles the outlying positions will get breached, eventually. It will be a case of falling back to the building in the centre. We also need a good position for the Medical M113.
Indeed, i tried placing it to the right of the ammo cache, between 3 buildings, and it was still in enemy sight when one of the many groups advanced on the outpost.
Maybe we just need to play it in SP a couple of times and find some good positions for vehicles and ourselves.

Quote:
I can't make Friday but if you guys can play on Saturday or Sunday I'll be able to join.
Yup should be all good.

Last edited by Nokturnal; 24 Sep 10 at 08:23..
Old 24 Sep 10, 18:03
General of the Forums
Israel
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
As I told Nok- I updated my OS to windows 7 and forgot the MSN password so I have a new MSN:
GolaniOded@hotmail.com

Please delete the old one and add the new one (or at least send me yours so I could add you)
Old 24 Sep 10, 18:23
ACG Forums - Field Marshal
Sami
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
As I told Nok- I updated my OS to windows 7 and forgot the MSN password so I have a new MSN:
Added!

Max Sterner
Old 24 Sep 10, 23:45
Sergeant Major
UK

Quote:
*Missions*
Nice find, all addon-free too. Pretty amazing to think it's still just a fraction of the total missions out there - 28 pages (15per page)of co-op missions for A2, plus another 9 pages for OA.

A couple couldn't be downloaded, well for me, the armaholic FTP#1 just re-loads the page sometimes, and some of the FTP#2 links were megaupload/filefront links that are now gone. But i'd say we have enough mission to try now.

If not..Here's a couple more
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11057
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11029
Plus if we decide to try using some mods we can check out the old GK/Baghdad missions. Specifically the one we all kept failing when playing in SP.
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10865
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10882
Also a more recent one:
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12072

Quote:
Please delete the old one and add the new one (or at least send me yours so I could add you)
Done
Old 25 Sep 10, 03:28
General of the Forums
Israel

wow....so what should we d/l and prepare for today?
Old 25 Sep 10, 09:17
ACG Forums - Field Marshal
Sami
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700]
From our Delta force mission today:

Death and destruction

Unlucky *******

The roof of death from our first attempt

Our escape vehicle

[IMG][/IMG]
"Score card"

[IMG][/IMG]

Max Sterner
Old 25 Sep 10, 16:00
Brigadier General
Pirate

Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300]
Nice score Erkki.

For tomorrow:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10693

Baghdad Map (links to needed addons at the bottom of the page:
)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10702

The Mission (SP and MP versions):

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost....6&postcount=64
Old 26 Sep 10, 00:48
Sergeant Major
UK

I'll do the AAR for Sights of Baghdad first so others will know what to expect.
But i'll deffinitely get the successful Delta Force AAR up soon too!

A shot of our starting position.
Down the street a dug in T-72 convinces us to take another route to the city.

We head towards the houses across the open field.

Mackie covers the street as i run across to his side.
We're moving with caution, but so far haven't seen many threats.

We've just realised there is no path from this street to the next and begin to move South.
After some idle chat about wanting breaching charges, Mackie remembers the satchel charges we have...

A few moments and an explosion later...

..And we're back on the move - We really must remember satchel charges in future games.

A group of enemy units are spotted on a rooftop some 400m from our position.
From this moment on we started looking up and were constantly seeing enemy ontop of buildings.

Our plan was to link-up with Alpha-1 and from there move on to the HVTs.

As we got closer we were tasked with taking out an enemy cache so we adjusted our direction slightly.

My turn to blow something up...

We've linked up with Alpha-1 who are holding the street we need to proceed down.

We got onto a nearby roof and started dropping some enemy forces when another group, on a closer building, open fired and dropped us both.

I think we've found our new pet mission...

The rest can be found here - http://img580.imageshack.us/g/arma2o...602012917.jpg/

Unfortunately we didn't really accomplish much with just us two - But it has potential to be pretty good with more boots on the ground.
Old 26 Sep 10, 13:31
General of the Forums
Israel

I'm extremely sorry I didn't show up today guys, car purchase issues followed by girlfriend going to the hospital kept me out...

I hope I didn't disappoint you and that you ended up having a good game.
Old 26 Sep 10, 13:43
Brigadier General
Pirate

Quote:
I'm extremely sorry I didn't show up today guys, car purchase issues followed by girlfriend going to the hospital kept me out...

No worries mate, real life is far more important. I hope it isn't anything serious.

Nok and I landed up playing a couple of fun missions, Chernarus 50 and a 1960s Mafia shoot-out.
Old 28 Sep 10, 19:31
Sergeant Major
UK

Quote:

All good mate, as Mackie said, RL comes first of course. Hope all is well.

Chernarus 5 0 should be good fun with a couple more players - Provided we survive the 2nd task....Deffinitely need a new approach for the 3rd task though.
The mafia shoot-out on the other hand, that would require alot of patience and lucky shots to complete..pistols...Bah!

Was the old A2 campaign playable through co-op? There's a couple of missions in there that could be fun.
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!