StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > Simulations

Notices and Announcements

Simulations Flight, tank, naval, and any other Sim players gather here.

Old 12 Sep 10, 22:06
Sergeant Major
UK
5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build 

Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99] Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99] Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99] Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99] Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99] Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golani
Aside from that old guy (Jack Nicholson?) what's that about...?
Old guy? Lost me there...
Do you mean Daniel Hutchinson? (our AI who got stuck on a rock...again..)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erkki
So, when is the next time?
Well we don't usually manage to meet up during the week - But if we do bump into eachother i'm up for a quick game or two after work.
If that fails, i should be free next weekend...However if i recall, Golani won't be free until the weekend after.
That being said, as Mackie and i discovered, we can easily make a new temp. Hamachi server if we need to.

Quote:
I got some ideas concerning that mission. First we move into the first little village, secure. Then we take position in the three story building and someone takes a snipping position at the roof, someone acting as a spotter with a rangefinder would be great aswell. After there are no enemies left we move to the hill like last time. Basically same procedure there. From there I got no plan, perhaps we should try the street where we wasted so many last time, and then continue towards the objective?
Sounds like a good plan, not sure if a rangefinder was in the crate (did any of you guys have it by default?) but we can improvise with ACOG or thermal for spotting.
Only issue i can see with the plan in general is the mission seems to spawn enemies when we reach a certain position. So we might not be able to hold out in a building to clear the way.
For example, i could of sworn we'd cleared the surrounding area of the building we died at (2nd attempt) but just as we got settled a few patrols came, and seemingly from close proximity.

Though maybe they were just busy shaking in their sandals after our superb smoke screen and took longer to react.
Old 13 Sep 10, 04:47
Brigadier General
Pirate
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300]
It sounded great! Looking forward to the next game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokturnal View Post
Forgot to reply to this earlier.
Sounds like a good idea, other than bug fixing, there are a couple that would come in handy like the ShakTac HUD for better situational awareness. I guess if we get into missions that require a few (small sized) unit/vehicle addons we can put them together too.
There's also the JTD rain/fire/flies mods which really improve the atmosphere.
I'm currently making up a list and get it posted up soon. I won't include anything game breaking in case it stuffs up any missions but I'll definitely include that JTD stuff as long as it's MP compatible.

Quote:
The sound was fine for me, like you say the only issue was hearing myself over your speakers when we both held the PTT button. Other then that, it did get harder to hear when we were under fire, but i just accept that as part of the immersion
As for fixing that problem, do you want the game sounds over the main speakers too? Or did you want them separate and just comms to come through the ear piece?
Mackie might actually be better to answer this, he seems to have had more experience with mics and just generally better with computers. Remember me struggling to get into TS?
But i would assume it's possible, maybe something that can be set up in TS?

I don't really know that much, just enough to build one.

Before I got my £30 Fatality headset, great quality for a low price, I had to use the crap headset I got with the very first SOCOM. It only had one speaker so when I was playing L4D with a mate everything went through that speaker and blasted one ear. I wanted to see if the audio could go through the speakers on my monitor but I never did find a solution.

Here's the result of a quick Google search.

Quote:
Yep i heard ya loud and clear (except when we were being fired at). With the volume, does anyone know if the VON setting under Audio is tied to the comms, even if we're not using the in-game comms?
I don't think so but you could always fiddle with the setting. You could also check out the sound options you have in windows in the Control Panel.

EDIT

Here's the list I have so far. I haven't checked out the JTD stuff yet. Missed anything?

Quote:
1. SLX Ragdoll

2. BD Multi-Gun Fix

3. Mi-24 Fix

4. Andy Gravel road Speed

5. Shacktac HUD

6. Andy Mags

7. Mil64 Compass

8. GDT GL Sights

9. GDT Satchels

10. Anzins Weapons

11. AT GUI

12. GLT Backpacks

13. GLT FLIR and Flares

14. PROPER Tank Turnout

15. PROPER Tree Hit Sound

16. CAWeapons_E_Fixed

17. LAE FAL and M14 Fix

18. TGW Stryker Fix

19. Broadcast reload Animation in MP

Last edited by Mackie; 13 Sep 10 at 11:42..
Old 14 Sep 10, 10:06
Sergeant Major
UK

Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99] Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99] Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99] Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99] Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99] Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackie
I don't think so but you could always fiddle with the setting. You could also check out the sound options you have in windows in the Control Panel.
Well i can hear everyone fine at the moment, but i was curious because if they are tied together it would be a quicker way to increase the volume when/if it's getting harder to hear without alt-tabbing. I guess i'll find out if that time comes .
However i do remember seeing a "boost" setting in my mic properties - So if i'm not loud enough next time (pre-game) someone let me know and i'll try boosting it a bit.

Quote:
Here's the list I have so far. I haven't checked out the JTD stuff yet. Missed anything?
Great choices I can't think of anything else.

Only ones i've not heard of are Andy Mags and CAWeapons_E_Fixed - What do they do?

Nice thought with the ragdoll might make for some decent pics too.

As for the JTD stuff, they've been around for a while so i'm pretty sure they'd work in MP. Simple things like better rain, flies on dead bodies and the fire&smoke. I believe fire&smoke has some issues with OA though, so maybe leave that one out for now.
Old 14 Sep 10, 14:14
General of the Forums
Israel
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Yeah, I won't be available this weekend (it's Yom Kippur...), if you guys solve that sound thing-let me know....

About the addon pack, if you guys have time I'd appreciate a short explanation and where I can find 'em all ('cause you know I can find my way around the Interwebz...)

Oh yeah, one more snotty remark about my awesome smoke screen and I'll be sure to shoot you in the back the next game we have Nok
Old 14 Sep 10, 15:47
Brigadier General
Pirate

Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokturnal View Post
Only ones i've not heard of are Andy Mags and CAWeapons_E_Fixed - What do they do?

Nice thought with the ragdoll might make for some decent pics too.

As for the JTD stuff, they've been around for a while so i'm pretty sure they'd work in MP. Simple things like better rain, flies on dead bodies and the fire&smoke. I believe fire&smoke has some issues with OA though, so maybe leave that one out for now.
In standard ArmA when you drop your weapon and ammo on the ground it appears as a satchel. Andy Mags makes it so that when you drop, say an RPG, it will appear as the RPG instead of the satchel. There's another one that does the same thing called PROPER_weapons_Magazine or something. That may be a more complete version as the one by Andy only covers some of the weapons, basically the ArmA 1 models that were released by BIS.

CAWeapons_E_Fixed fixes an issue with the M2 that you can take apart and carry.

I added the ragdoll because seeing a guy with most of his body over the edge but not moving ticks me off. No more.

I've added the JTD stuff bar the fire because, as you said, it doesn't work right in OA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golani View Post
Yeah, I won't be available this weekend (it's Yom Kippur...), if you guys solve that sound thing-let me know....

About the addon pack, if you guys have time I'd appreciate a short explanation and where I can find 'em all ('cause you know I can find my way around the Interwebz...)

Oh yeah, one more snotty remark about my awesome smoke screen and I'll be sure to shoot you in the back the next game we have Nok
Ah, don't worry about the addons. I'll put it all in a folder called @ACG, zip it and upload it so all folks will have to do is download it, unzip it and put it in their Documents/ArmA2 folder or Bohemia Interactive/ArmA2 folder.
Old 14 Sep 10, 17:03
Brigadier General
Pirate

ACG ArmA 2 CO Addon Pack

I just finished packing it all together. Here's a list of the stuff included, there's a few changes from the first list I put up.

Quote:
----About----

This addon pack is required for the Armchair General ArmA 2 Combined Operations game events.
The addons included are not modified and remain the creation of the authors.
They have simply been placed in this archive for ease of installation.
Quote:
----Included Addons----

- CBA 0.6.0

- SLX Ragdoll

- BD Multi-Gun Fix

- Mi-24 Fix

- Andy Graveload Speed

- Shacktac HUD

- Mil64 Compass

- GDT GL Sights

- GDT Satchels

- GDT AT Sights

- Anzins Weapons

- AT GUI

- GLT Backpacks

- GLT FLIR and Flares

- PROPER Tank Turnout

- PROPER Tree Hit Sound

- PROPER Disable Engine Start when turret is in use

- PROPER Magazines for dropped weapons and ammo visible (replaced andy mags)

- CAWeapons_E_Fixed

- LAE FAL and M14 Fix

- TGW Stryker Fix

- Broadcast reload Animation in MP

- JTD Fat Rain

- JTD Flies
Read here to see how to install the addon pack.

Quote:
----Installation----

Extract the archive and put the @ACG folder in your ArmA 2 directory or the Documents/ArmA 2 folder.
Make sure it is the @ACG folder that has the other folders in it, for example, Addons.

ArmA 2 and Operation Arrowhead are needed.

CBA is need for some addons to run but it's included in this addon pack
Here's the download link. I use Megaupload because the file stays up for a long time and I like the blonde that appears on the top right when you upload stuff.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8LZ8A9PZ

It would be great if somebody could add this info to the first post.
Old 14 Sep 10, 18:28
Brigadier General
Pirate

Quote:
Edit- weired question...but, what MG is that on the vehicle? in OA I can never look down the mounted MG's sights.
Sorry, missed this.

Press 0 Ins key to bring up weapon sights if right clicking doesn't work.
Old 15 Sep 10, 16:18
General of the Forums
Israel
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
I can't edit the first post anymore so we'll need one of the mods for it...

Thanks, but I won't be downloading 'till next week, will it still be up?
Old 15 Sep 10, 17:07
Brigadier General
Pirate

Quote:
I can't edit the first post anymore so we'll need one of the mods for it...

Thanks, but I won't be downloading 'till next week, will it still be up?
The download link and information has been added to the second post, thanks Boonierat. It's only about 14MB in size.

It should still be up. I've had things on Megaupload that have lasted at least 6 months. If it's down it's no problem to upload it again.
Old 15 Sep 10, 20:34
Sergeant Major
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golani
Won't be able to see me through the epic smoke screen....
Haha, but nah mate wasn't meant to be a smart arse reply - Was actually seriously suggesting that they may of kept indoors when the smoke was thrown.
I'm constantly surprised by the AI, even more so since OA, seems the insurgents here really are a new breed of enemy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackie
CAWeapons_E_Fixed fixes an issue with the M2 that you can take apart and carry.
Sounds good, i've only actually made use of the whole dis/assembling of stationary weapons once or twice. Would be really handy in certain situations, such as the Steal the Car mission where alot of suppression is needed.

Quote:
Here's the download link.
Downloaded last night, haven't tried loading it up with them all there yet but i'll give it a look tonight and make sure there's no issues.

Well we've got players/server/comms/mods/missions - All we need now is the weekend...
Sponsored Links

Old 18 Sep 10, 16:36
Brigadier General
Pirate

Good game this Friday although we didn't actually complete much it was still good fun.

I forgot to set Fraps to take a pic every x seconds so I only got a few crap pictures. The footage I got was also pretty crap.

We played a mission called The Outpost which was Rorke's Drift with AK47s. Tough as hell but I think we could do it with the 4 of us and a load of luck.

A few more missions have been added to Armaholic for OA but don't forget there's the 28 pages of coop missions in the standard ArmA 2 section.

If you fancy different there's always this (sod L4D):

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=106542

I won't be able to make it next Friday, uni commitments.
Old 18 Sep 10, 17:17
General of the Forums
Israel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackie View Post
Good game this Friday although we didn't actually complete much it was still good fun.
Who was there?

Quote:
I won't be able to make it next Friday, uni commitments.
How about a different day then? Saturday/Sunday?
I get a week off for the holidays and if we keep up this pace I'll never be able to share a game with you...
Old 18 Sep 10, 17:37
Brigadier General
Pirate

Quote:
Who was there?
Nokturnal and Erkki.

Quote:
How about a different day then? Saturday/Sunday?
I get a week off for the holidays and if we keep up this pace I'll never be able to share a game with you...
It's just a meeting with my advisor about my senior year I don't know if I'll be in on a Friday as I haven't got my timetable yet. I have a few lectures and tutorials, most of the time your studying at home or in the library. If it's the latter on Fridays it can stay that with if everybody's cool with Friday.
Old 20 Sep 10, 18:24
General of the Forums
Israel

Whatever works for you guys, like I said, I'll be available during most of the weekend.
Old 20 Sep 10, 18:34
ACG Forums - Field Marshal
Sami
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Same here, any time, even if it is 3 AM, I stopped sleeping long ago...

Max Sterner

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!