StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > Simulations

Notices and Announcements

Simulations Flight, tank, naval, and any other Sim players gather here.

Old 04 Sep 10, 07:14
General of the Forums
Israel
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Exclamation ACG's ARMA2OA game invitation!

After long debates, plans, preparations and simple time waste ( ) Nokturnal, Mackie and myself were finally able to run a test game last night (pics. will follow) and decided on the basics for our very own:

ACG ARMA Multplayer game!

This is an open invitation for the entire ACG community, if you're an ARMA player that is...

Here are the details (this will be left open for editing if changes occur, I miss something out, can't explain, etc.)

Date&Time: So far- the first game is planned for September 10th, 10:00 GMT (time zone check: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/) this is left open for changes since I based it only on when we were all online yesterday.

Game needed: ARMA 2 & Operation Arrowhead (updated to the latest version- 1.54) BAF could be a major plus though.

Communication: We're using TeamSpeak 3, of course a mic. is needed (not mandatory but it makes life a lot easier and it's just more fun).

Mat n Ebs Public TS3 Server

Address: 94.23.155.223:9991

Missions: so far, aside for the basic missions, our bank is made out of:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11114

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11532

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11256

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11731

Server: Hamachi- http://www.filehippo.com/download_hamachi/

I'm hosting, I'll leave this explanation for the experts as well...

Did I leave anything out? any critical mistakes?

I know there are some closet ARMA gamers out there, let's get you guys to show!

Last edited by Golani; 04 Sep 10 at 10:38..
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 04 Sep 10, 10:30
Brigadier General
Pirate
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300]
What happened to you again yesterday? I forgot what you said.

Surprisingly everything went well despite us all being separated by huge distances. There was a little desync but nothing major.

There's a larger list of missions here. I went and downloaded them all yesterday.

The TS server we used was:

Mat n Ebs Public TS3 Server

Address: 94.23.155.223:9991

After you left Nokturnal and I had a couple of games with me hosting over Hamachi and it all worked fine so if you run into problems hosting it won't be a problem.

I don't think I'll be able to make next week though. I have to help my uncle move his stuff into his new house.

I just finished packing it all together. Here's a list of the stuff included, there's a few changes from the first list I put up.

Quote:
----About----

This addon pack is required for the Armchair General ArmA 2 Combined Operations game events.
The addons included are not modified and remain the creation of the authors.
They have simply been placed in this archive for ease of installation.
Quote:
----Included Addons----

- CBA 0.6.0

- SLX Ragdoll

- BD Multi-Gun Fix

- Mi-24 Fix

- Andy Graveload Speed

- Shacktac HUD

- Mil64 Compass

- GDT GL Sights

- GDT Satchels

- GDT AT Sights

- Anzins Weapons

- AT GUI

- GLT Backpacks

- GLT FLIR and Flares

- PROPER Tank Turnout

- PROPER Tree Hit Sound

- PROPER Disable Engine Start when turret is in use

- PROPER Magazines for dropped weapons and ammo visible (replaced andy mags)

- CAWeapons_E_Fixed

- LAE FAL and M14 Fix

- TGW Stryker Fix

- Broadcast reload Animation in MP

- JTD Fat Rain

- JTD Flies
Read here to see how to install the addon pack.

Quote:
----Installation----

Extract the archive and put the @ACG folder in your ArmA 2 directory or the Documents/ArmA 2 folder.
Make sure it is the @ACG folder that has the other folders in it, for example, Addons.

ArmA 2 and Operation Arrowhead are needed.

CBA is need for some addons to run but it's included in this addon pack
Here's the download link. I use Megaupload because the file stays up for a long time and I like the blonde that appears on the top right when you upload stuff.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8LZ8A9PZ

Last edited by Boonierat; 15 Sep 10 at 09:11..
Old 04 Sep 10, 10:40
General of the Forums
Israel
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Fixed

I had a problem with my mic. I alt+tabbed and the PC froze...I had to restart and then I had to leave...

We'll run the weekend game and see who joins...if there's anyone interested I think coordinating through MSN is the best way...
Old 05 Sep 10, 04:17
Sergeant Major
UK
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build 

Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99] Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99] Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99] Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99] Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99] Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99]
Stickied already, good job.
It was good fun, didn't take more than a few minutes to get all the applications installed/set-up and ran very well, especially considering the distances.

Here are a few pics from our first few attempts:

To start with it was just Golani and I, so we tried a mission called "Just a patrol.."
We had no comms set-up yet, so it was just typing. Didn't do too bad considering we were unable to fight when typing.
Anyway, here's a few pics and the full album (..well just a couple extra) can be found at the link below.

We started with 2 AI team mates, but before we even encountered an enemy we lost them both...

As great as this game is, it still isn't short of bugs...But we pressed on.

The sun slowly rises and it's getting a bit bright, we've just hit the outskirts of the town.

Moving in to secure "Alpha", no enemies spotted yet but soon we were taking fire from a nearby building.

Golani takes the corner and engages the final enemy in Alpha, shortly after it ticks off that task (ignore what i was typing at the time).

After having cleared Alpha we move on to Bravo.
We come across a few buildings and from here Golani moves forward to investigate while i provide cover.
Shots were fired, i returned fire, and an enemy is seen moving into the building on the right.

Golani follows him in and i move in to the center of the town, finding another enemy waiting in ambush.
We take out the targets and re-group.

We're stopped in our tracks by an unseen enemy firing at us from the next lot of houses.
Golani suggests a mad dash, he has a bolt-action so he can't hit both of us - We make it to the other side and he is dealt with, neither of us were hit.

Just outside Bravo, we lob a grenade through the window and move forward but there was no enemy to be found.

So we headed for Charlie, and move through without any resistance. It seems we eliminated the threat back when moving through Alpha.
Just a matter of getting to the marker and then...

Mission over.

The rest - http://img225.imageshack.us/g/arma2o...321031635.jpg/

Last edited by Nokturnal; 05 Sep 10 at 04:52..
Old 05 Sep 10, 04:48
Sergeant Major
UK

Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99] Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99] Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99] Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99] Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99] Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99]
While we were getting our mics sorted Mackie got online so he joined us for the next game.

I forgot to start taking pics from the beginning, the chaos kicks off pretty quickly..

Enemy forces approach from a hill just as we start taking our positions. Golani sends one of the AI units to the nearby vehicle (jackal?) and he starts sending grenades the enemy's way as we all return fire.
I should point out that only Mackie had finished this mission successfully prior to this...

I stop to reload, enemy units are still rushing down the hill and mortars are now landing randomly around the tiny FOB.

A couple of our units are down and the enemy are still advancing. More are coming from the hills behind us, and some vehicles can be heard in the distance.

Despite having our comms set up it went pretty quiet when the fighting started, wasn't much to be done other than return fire and try to prevent them from flanking us. Which is what Golani started to do...

Until his computer froze...
Such perfect timing - Infront of us is a technical armed with DShKM and before i get a chance to start firing it's game over.

With one man down, Mackie and i tried another couple of quick missions. Not many pics from these ones.
I have it set to take a pic every 20 seconds, so the shorter the mission the fewer the pics...Might adjust it to 10 seconds next time.

Tasked with securing a town Mackie jumps in the driver's seat and i take the position of gunner.

We advance until a man armed with an AK crosses our path and is cut down. We jump back in but then exit again a few metres down the road and proceed on foot.

We're spotting enemies in every direction, some from directly down the road which Mackie is handling and a few coming from the hill to the right of the building in this pic.
Surrounded, it's not long before we both bite the bullet. (or half a dozen in my case)

Next mission was to be a stealthy night mission involving NVGs and precision.
That plan lasted about half a minute.

Here Mackie shows me where he got pinned down last time he played this one. Also where he intends to flank them from.
We'll be assisted by another squad moving in. (Bravo team)

Things again kick off pretty quickly, just as i find myself a piece of cover the enemy walk around the corner and i drop two myself and watch another 2 or 3 drop when Bravo move in.
I also hear Mackie's MG start ripping into the other enemy patrol. It isn't long before i'm hit by one of the few who escaped the MG.

I died once, respawned as the leader of Bravo but by then everyone (except for Mackie) was pinned down by the vehicle seen in the pic, so i died again.
Once dead i am (for some reason..) turned into a bird so i provided some birds-eye-view-intel (see what i did there?..okay i'll shut up) and Mackie cleaned up the last few enemies.

A chopper comes to pick up the only survivor, birds aren't allowed...
But in true Arma fashion - It opens fire on Mackie for no reason, and it's another game over....
Great fun though!

There weren't many extra pics from these missions, so no need for the album links, but there'll be plenty more after next weekend.

Hope to see some more faces soon.

Last edited by Nokturnal; 05 Sep 10 at 04:57..
Old 05 Sep 10, 11:18
Brigadier General
Pirate

Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300]
Nice shots!

It was fun just a pity it wasn't for a bit longer.

After the 10th I think I'll look into making up an addon pack for us. Mostly small addons that fix bugs and other things. Worth it?
Old 05 Sep 10, 16:32
General of the Forums
Israel

Nok- great pics. man, I feel sorry for missing out on the mission though.

While Mackie lobbed grenades from the GMG I tried spotting for him with my ACOG, sadly the comms echoed and it was worthless, I think I found the problem, my PTT for the in-game VON and for the TeamSpeak was the same, I hope I work it out come Saturday.

Mackie- I'm most definitely for it

Edit- weired question...but, what MG is that on the vehicle? in OA I can never look down the mounted MG's sights.

Last edited by Golani; 05 Sep 10 at 16:34..
Old 06 Sep 10, 16:00
Colonel
Australia

globetrotter is walking in the light [200] globetrotter is walking in the light [200] globetrotter is walking in the light [200] globetrotter is walking in the light [200] globetrotter is walking in the light [200] globetrotter is walking in the light [200] globetrotter is walking in the light [200] globetrotter is walking in the light [200] globetrotter is walking in the light [200] globetrotter is walking in the light [200] globetrotter is walking in the light [200] globetrotter is walking in the light [200] globetrotter is walking in the light [200]
Alas, I am working nites. I think that the hospital would frown upon me "getting some" while at work.

Maybe next.
Old 07 Sep 10, 08:12
Colonel
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

98ZJUSMC has demonstrated strength of character [100] 98ZJUSMC has demonstrated strength of character [100] 98ZJUSMC has demonstrated strength of character [100] 98ZJUSMC has demonstrated strength of character [100] 98ZJUSMC has demonstrated strength of character [100] 98ZJUSMC has demonstrated strength of character [100] 98ZJUSMC has demonstrated strength of character [100] 98ZJUSMC has demonstrated strength of character [100] 98ZJUSMC has demonstrated strength of character [100]
If they would hurry up and get the DSL lines run out here.

Damn.......

This would put me waaaaaaay over my broadband allowance, most riki-tik.
Old 08 Sep 10, 18:08
Captain
Canada
Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) Model Forum Group Build Victor 

majorchuck is on the path to success [1-99] majorchuck is on the path to success [1-99] majorchuck is on the path to success [1-99] majorchuck is on the path to success [1-99] majorchuck is on the path to success [1-99] majorchuck is on the path to success [1-99]
arma ?

armed america I have all banwith I need to know what Ineed to play a group or team assult is there soft ware to perchase I destroyed modern combat game last year in two weekends is this game more interactive to a team style of play ?

leo 1a2 can. rental 1977
m1a1 1/64 2003 [thunder run]
leo2a6m 'the stan'
leo1a3-c2 leopard germ.
leo2a6m barricuda camo afgan.
leo2a4 can.
Sponsored Links

Old 10 Sep 10, 06:56
ACG Forums - Field Marshal
Sami
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Hopefully ill see you guys tonight, I Think I got everything working ok

Max Sterner
Old 10 Sep 10, 07:01
General of the Forums
Israel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erkki View Post
Hopefully ill see you guys tonight, I Think I got everything working ok
I'm on for it, Nok should be too...I'll be grabbing lunch and be online on MSN, as soon as you guys check in we should have a go.
Old 10 Sep 10, 08:58
General of the Forums
Israel

Hmm...well, it seems like I was the only one showing up...
Old 10 Sep 10, 09:36
Sergeant Major
UK

We showed up, where did you show? Waiting in TS now.
Old 10 Sep 10, 09:47
General of the Forums
Israel

can't find you on teamspeak, any chance one of you gets on MSN?

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!