StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Military/History Related Hobbies > Military Modelling and Other Hobbies

Notices and Announcements

Military Modelling and Other Hobbies Discuss model building, memorabilia, art, and other hobbies.

Old 01 Jul 10, 14:06
Brigadier General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build 

niels wilhelm has demonstrated strength of character [100] niels wilhelm has demonstrated strength of character [100] niels wilhelm has demonstrated strength of character [100] niels wilhelm has demonstrated strength of character [100] niels wilhelm has demonstrated strength of character [100] niels wilhelm has demonstrated strength of character [100] niels wilhelm has demonstrated strength of character [100] niels wilhelm has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Perhaps I will add a : works in progress/stash, section to this thred. Thair mite be some intrest in seeing whots inside the boxes.
Old 01 Jul 10, 16:03
Captain
Canada
Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) Model Forum Group Build Victor 

majorchuck is on the path to success [1-99] majorchuck is on the path to success [1-99] majorchuck is on the path to success [1-99] majorchuck is on the path to success [1-99] majorchuck is on the path to success [1-99] majorchuck is on the path to success [1-99]
Awards and modeling

way back 98 i think dio comp. all said my little dio of marines assulting the beach at tarawa was the best... but a culb member in that town built a huge dio that was so busy the story line was lost ,poor details ,madeup markings etc.,he won and my club members were a gas but ... I was not bothered at all I was not building for them I built for me lts all good and do not let them influence your builds it your hobby and you are damed good my friend!

leo 1a2 can. rental 1977
m1a1 1/64 2003 [thunder run]
leo2a6m 'the stan'
leo1a3-c2 leopard germ.
leo2a6m barricuda camo afgan.
leo2a4 can.
Old 01 Jul 10, 21:41
Brigadier General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build Victor Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 

modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Niles, I would love to see a step by step build. You could share some of your techniques. I would be very interested in following that!
Old 02 Jul 10, 00:09
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400]
triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400] triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400] triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400] triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400] triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400]
I agree with Sean. I would love to see an 'in progress' build with techniques and tips of one of your builds. They are truly fabulous Niels.
Old 02 Jul 10, 14:14
Brigadier General
United_States

niels wilhelm has demonstrated strength of character [100] niels wilhelm has demonstrated strength of character [100] niels wilhelm has demonstrated strength of character [100] niels wilhelm has demonstrated strength of character [100] niels wilhelm has demonstrated strength of character [100] niels wilhelm has demonstrated strength of character [100] niels wilhelm has demonstrated strength of character [100] niels wilhelm has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Thankyou majorchuck, I am trying to keep this portion of the plastic modeling hobby alive. I just finished adding the last of the toe ropes to the port side before comeing to the liabrary this morning, I will trim off the exsess thred and take a picture when I get home.
Old 02 Jul 10, 14:24
Brigadier General
United_States

modelsinchina and triggerjockey--thats whot I was dueing on that other sight when that came to an end for me. I like your idea, but I'm worried about how much room it would take up on this sight. Perhaps we could start this by my addressing spicific intrests with picturs and explanations. And see whair it goes from thair.
Old 02 Jul 10, 15:19
General
United_States
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) Model Forum Group Build Victor 

Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300]
Just do like I do, just use a single thread to post everyting you do. It make it easy to refernce later....

On the workbench: 1:48 tornado / 1:48 B-25 / 1:48 Rafale B / 1:72 SU-24 / 1:48 HE-111 / 1:72 SR-75 / 1:72 A-12 / 1:32 ME-262B / 1:72 B-17 / 1:48 Mig-25 / 1:48 A-7D / M-48 Patton /1:32 BF-110 / 1:32 P-40 / Worf
Old 02 Jul 10, 18:35
Brigadier General
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedfactory View Post
Just do like I do, just use a single thread to post everyting you do. It make it easy to refernce later....
I agree--all my sailing ships will be on this thred from now on.
Old 02 Jul 10, 18:38
Brigadier General
United_States

1/150scale Le Glorieux by Heller-port side finished.
Old 02 Jul 10, 18:43
Brigadier General
United_States

1/100scale 4-masted Spanish Galleon by IMAI
Sponsored Links

Old 02 Jul 10, 18:47
Brigadier General
United_States

1/200scale Le Saint Louis by Heller
Old 02 Jul 10, 18:51
Brigadier General
United_States

1/144th.scale Wasa by Airfix
Old 02 Jul 10, 18:56
Brigadier General
United_States

1/180scale H.M.S. Victory by Humbrole-Airfix
Old 02 Jul 10, 19:02
Brigadier General
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by niels wilhelm View Post
1/180scale H.M.S. Victory by Humbrole-Airfix
Old 02 Jul 10, 19:04
Brigadier General
United_States

ran out of time=I'll post the last 3 tomarrow.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!