StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Military/History Related Hobbies > Units - Military/Naval Service of ACG Members > Army

Notices and Announcements

Army ACG service in the Army of any nation.

Old 17 Feb 12, 23:05
First Lieutenant
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

pmririshman has disabled reputation
D Co 1/5 Infantry August '91 to August '92. DEATHDEALERS!
Old 02 Mar 12, 21:04
Recruit
United_States

Redneck26 is on the path to success [1-99]
50th Engineer Company, 2nd EN BN, Camp La Guardia "Pirates of the Imjin!"
Old 12 Oct 12, 15:57
Private
United_States

atkron is a balanced individual [0]
D trp 4/7 cav Camp La Guardia 85-86
Old 12 Oct 12, 18:58
First Lieutenant
United_States

mimike is on the path to success [1-99] mimike is on the path to success [1-99] mimike is on the path to success [1-99] mimike is on the path to success [1-99] mimike is on the path to success [1-99] mimike is on the path to success [1-99] mimike is on the path to success [1-99]
S-2, 1st Bdg, 1983-84.
Old 23 Oct 12, 17:43
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

lirelou gives and gets respect [800]
lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800]
Eighth Army G-2 AD from March 2001 to Nov 2007. Did a few weeks with 2nd ID G-2 on two occasions. Ended up working with Chief Martindale when he came down to Seoul. Not exactly an Indianhead, but I got to see a few in my limited time at Camp Casey.

Phong trần mài một lưỡi gươm, Những loài giá áo túi cơm sá ǵ!
Sponsored Links

Old 25 Oct 12, 13:12
General of the Forums
United_States

Nichols gives and gets respect [800]
Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800]
Spent four months there working with the Sniper Course across the creek where PLDC was in 88.
Old 29 Oct 12, 22:41
Major General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300]
D Co, 1 BSTB (Daggers Ready!) Camp Hovey since 17 Oct till next year, unless I AIP and then it would be 2014.
Old 02 Nov 12, 20:27
Colonel
United_States

Kevin Kenneally has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kevin Kenneally has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kevin Kenneally has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kevin Kenneally has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kevin Kenneally has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kevin Kenneally has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kevin Kenneally has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kevin Kenneally has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kevin Kenneally has demonstrated strength of character [100]
MY tours in Korea with the 2ID

All,

1st tour, Jun 1976 - July 1977, one of the last 13 month tours. HHT 4/7 Cav at Camp Rice, which the name changed to Camp Garry Owen 1 Jan 1977 outside the town called Youn gu gol..... Was there for Paul Bunyan as well as an incident in May 1977 where NKs invaded an island in the middle of the Imjin River..... NK goats that is.

2nd Tour Jan 1979 - Jan 1980, Got to see two Superbowls at the Rec Center at Camp Garry Owen, A Troop 4/7 Cav (best tour of duty I ever had). many of the Sgts in this outfit made SFC or 1SG by the year 1989. The worst part of this tour was being locked onto the Camp for two months because the President was assasinated by the head of the KCIA.

3rd Tour Jun 1992 - Jun 1993, B Troop 3/17 Cav Camp Garry Owen. We closed this camp down on 30 Sept 1992 and turned it over to the ROK Army who made it a Tank battalion camp. We moved up to Camp Pelham, later named Camp Garry Owen after I left.

Returned for Foal Eagle with the 2nd BCT, 1st Cav Division on a deployment from Fort Hood to the ROK and spent October - December 1997 up and down the peninsula.

Last tour, summer of 2008 (Late March through the end of October) I helped to field the entire peninsula with a computer program the US Army uses for Logistics. Visited every where in a rental vehicle. Was there for a memorial service at Gloucester Hill in April 2008; met many Korean War vets there. Also walked through the entire Western Corridor area, no US Army anything there any more by then.

Last edited by Kevin Kenneally; 02 Nov 12 at 20:29.. Reason: Spelling
Old 30 Jun 13, 02:39
Recruit
United_States

Brent Caron is a balanced individual [0]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Kenneally View Post
All,

1st tour, Jun 1976 - July 1977, one of the last 13 month tours. HHT 4/7 Cav at Camp Rice, which the name changed to Camp Garry Owen 1 Jan 1977 outside the town called Youn gu gol..... Was there for Paul Bunyan as well as an incident in May 1977 where NKs invaded an island in the middle of the Imjin River..... NK goats that is.

2nd Tour Jan 1979 - Jan 1980, Got to see two Superbowls at the Rec Center at Camp Garry Owen, A Troop 4/7 Cav (best tour of duty I ever had). many of the Sgts in this outfit made SFC or 1SG by the year 1989. The worst part of this tour was being locked onto the Camp for two months because the President was assasinated by the head of the KCIA.

3rd Tour Jun 1992 - Jun 1993, B Troop 3/17 Cav Camp Garry Owen. We closed this camp down on 30 Sept 1992 and turned it over to the ROK Army who made it a Tank battalion camp. We moved up to Camp Pelham, later named Camp Garry Owen after I left.

Returned for Foal Eagle with the 2nd BCT, 1st Cav Division on a deployment from Fort Hood to the ROK and spent October - December 1997 up and down the peninsula.

Last tour, summer of 2008 (Late March through the end of October) I helped to field the entire peninsula with a computer program the US Army uses for Logistics. Visited every where in a rental vehicle. Was there for a memorial service at Gloucester Hill in April 2008; met many Korean War vets there. Also walked through the entire Western Corridor area, no US Army anything there any more by then.
I was at Garry Owen then. Was a PVT when I arrived, PFC when I left.

I was the driver for that Samoan 1sgt for awhile, can't remember his name. There for the move too obviously.

Old 30 Mar 14, 18:27
Captain
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

sherlock has demonstrated strength of character [100] sherlock has demonstrated strength of character [100] sherlock has demonstrated strength of character [100] sherlock has demonstrated strength of character [100] sherlock has demonstrated strength of character [100] sherlock has demonstrated strength of character [100] sherlock has demonstrated strength of character [100] sherlock has demonstrated strength of character [100] sherlock has demonstrated strength of character [100] sherlock has demonstrated strength of character [100]
I've heard that the Second was pulled off the line and put in reserve in the mid-70's with the ROKs taking over our old camps. Anybody know anything about that? Also is anyone familiar with Stanton Airfield or the old Turkey Farm?
Old 06 Apr 14, 10:17
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

HMS Jr. has a spectacular aura about [400]
HMS Jr. has a spectacular aura about [400] HMS Jr. has a spectacular aura about [400]
The one aka the ville of Yon Ji Gol (sp?)? If so, yes. Turkey Farm, but only by reputation word-of-mouth. I only went there to dine occasionally, take photographs, and marvel at the cultural differences and landscape. I swear. I was decidedly not one of those young soldiers standing in lines with anticipation glee and awaited entrance to the more reputable and suggested dens of sin where sheer bliss could be had from 2-5 bucks in under 5-minutes by the more experienced entrepreneurs, so help me...
FWIW, Camp Greaves 1/31st, Scout Platoon, for a short period of time. Across the Imjin.

Often wondered. Was the TF generic, location specific, or like McDonald's as-in a chain?
Old 06 Apr 14, 10:46
Captain
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

sherlock has demonstrated strength of character [100] sherlock has demonstrated strength of character [100] sherlock has demonstrated strength of character [100] sherlock has demonstrated strength of character [100] sherlock has demonstrated strength of character [100] sherlock has demonstrated strength of character [100] sherlock has demonstrated strength of character [100] sherlock has demonstrated strength of character [100] sherlock has demonstrated strength of character [100] sherlock has demonstrated strength of character [100]
When were you there? In 1969-70 the dining choices were non-existent in the Turkey Farm. It was always fun to stroll through the neighborhood and interact with the "business girls" on a social level. The one time I did anything business related it didn't turn out to well medically speaking. Enclosed are a few of pictures of the old neighborhood.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img088.jpg (69.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg img097.jpg (53.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg img093.jpg (67.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg img037.jpg (78.5 KB, 4 views)
Old 06 Apr 14, 11:21
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

HMS Jr. has a spectacular aura about [400] HMS Jr. has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlock View Post
When were you there? In 1969-70 the dining choices were non-existent in the Turkey Farm. It was always fun to stroll through the neighborhood and interact with the "business girls" on a social level. The one time I did anything business related it didn't turn out to well medically speaking. Enclosed are a few of pictures of the old neighborhood.
Difficult to recognize...in the daytime.

Lets just call the dining experience a visual feast, of sorts.

I was there a few years after you left. Long story made short. I got sick and tired of stateside duty after Vietnam. Reupped, but in typical army fubar fashion an error occurred that invalidated the contract, but by then I was in Korea. When things caught up I changed my mind and said screw this and was sent back to the USA to complete my hitch as I didn't have enough time to complete a full tour. Got back and when the Great RIF Of 1974 kicked-in solid I got an early-out by being accepted into college.

Ah yes. A medical issue huh? From a bad cold due to the brisk Manchurian Winds in winter performing public services to the good people of Yon Ji Gol, no doubt.
Old 06 Apr 14, 11:43
Captain
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMS Jr. View Post

Ah yes. A medical issue huh? From a bad cold due to the brisk Manchurian Winds in winter performing public services to the good people of Yon Ji Gol, no doubt. [/FONT][/SIZE]
Right you are. It sometimes seemed as though almost everyone caught a cold why they were in the area. It was almost like an occupational hazard.
Old 06 Apr 14, 12:20
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlock View Post
Right you are. It sometimes seemed as though almost everyone caught a cold why they were in the area. It was almost like an occupational hazard.
A most mysterious pandemic, to be sure. It's a wonder WHO didn't become involved.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!