StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > MMO Games > World of Tanks

Notices and Announcements

World of Tanks Discuss the game and the Armchair General WoT clan.

Old 27 Jul 10, 22:43
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Cougar1 is on the path to success [1-99] Cougar1 is on the path to success [1-99] Cougar1 is on the path to success [1-99] Cougar1 is on the path to success [1-99] Cougar1 is on the path to success [1-99] Cougar1 is on the path to success [1-99] Cougar1 is on the path to success [1-99]
Sent another app, and actually got an email!
Old 28 Jul 10, 14:20
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

No_Nickname is simply cracking [600]
No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600]
Have an extra invite code if anybody wants it
"You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop
Old 10 Sep 10, 18:13
General
Pirate
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Dashy is simply cracking [600]
Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600]
+ Awesome game, balance is great (IMO) and Credits/Gold/Experience system is great

- Lag. God awful lag.

can't wait till full version release!
Old 15 Sep 10, 07:33
Private
United_States

JeremyTay is on the path to success [1-99]
Each type of fighting vehicles presented in the game finally has its own gameplay video available on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/WorldOfT...m?blend=2&ob=1.

Check out our latest Heavy Tanks and SPGs trailers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM1d0X0f6dE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUQefH-7LgM
Old 16 Sep 10, 05:09
General
Pirate
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600]
will there be a gamemode with infantry?
Old 18 Sep 10, 15:53
ACG Forums - General Staff
UK
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 

Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Ok I have a Question. I've played Games such as Battletanx and Campaign, and this seems like the logical successor to those games.

But, those two games had one major issue. Heavy guns with a slow Rate of fire where utterly useless. As the over the shoulder view meant it was damn near impossible to engage at range. Much better was a Light tank with a Rapid firing gun, so you could move in close fast, and then paste the target at point blank. In those trailers I've seen Light tanks doing that sort of move. how do you compensate the larger gun armed vehicles?

It was an Accident."
Herr Flick.
Old 18 Sep 10, 17:29
General
Pirate

listy, there are two features to compensate this, the first is the fact that possibly the only thing capable of destroying a heavy tank is another heavy tank, a powerful tank destroyer or artillery.

the second is "Auto-Aim" this lets the computer aim for you and has a 50:50 ish chance of hitting something.

oh and you can zoom
Old 19 Sep 10, 01:22
UK
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 

Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashy View Post
listy, there are two features to compensate this, the first is the fact that possibly the only thing capable of destroying a heavy tank is another heavy tank, a powerful tank destroyer or artillery.

[...]

oh and you can zoom
Ahh so you can go to "scope", like you would in an FPS (which this has marked similarities too ).

So is this done based to the gun performance or a more of a class system? By this I mean are all tanks different by stat line, or are they just skins for different levels of tank. If you get what I mean?

It was an Accident."
Herr Flick.
Old 20 Sep 10, 01:03
General
Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listy View Post
Ahh so you can go to "scope", like you would in an FPS (which this has marked similarities too ).

So is this done based to the gun performance or a more of a class system? By this I mean are all tanks different by stat line, or are they just skins for different levels of tank. If you get what I mean?
all tanks have differnt stats, the major ones being armour, speed and gun powah.

the tanks go up in teirs, with each one more powerful than the next, a tier 4 can easily destroy a teir 3-1 and can damage a teir 5-6 but anything tougher than that and its screwed.

its hard to explain.
Old 20 Sep 10, 01:45
UK

Try me I've got limited time, disk space and already have an MMO to play.

So do I want to download this one for a crack or not? That's what I'm trying to decide.

It was an Accident."
Herr Flick.
Sponsored Links

Old 20 Sep 10, 23:46
General
Pirate

the games last about 5 minutes, the (currently free) premium tanks allow you to get straight into the more exciting high level action+level up your tanks faster and its only a 1 gig download.
Old 04 Jan 11, 15:25
First Lieutenant
Canada
Model Forum Group Build 

Immelmann is on the path to success [1-99] Immelmann is on the path to success [1-99] Immelmann is on the path to success [1-99] Immelmann is on the path to success [1-99] Immelmann is on the path to success [1-99] Immelmann is on the path to success [1-99]
Well, it's been running a while, so who all is playing regularly?

I'm hooked, it's just too bad they call it an MMO. Wen I first saw that bit I scoffed and closed the tab; I doubt I'm the only one.

IIIStGII_Immelmann in game
Old 04 Jan 11, 16:32
Lieutenant General
United_States
Distinguished Service Award Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200]
I've been playing for the last day and really enjoying it.

wargaming_gjmy is my gamertag.

Warhammer 40K Wisdom: Heresy grows from buggy servers.

Try to learn the difference between prudence and paranoia.
Old 05 Jan 11, 11:07
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Cougar1 is on the path to success [1-99] Cougar1 is on the path to success [1-99] Cougar1 is on the path to success [1-99] Cougar1 is on the path to success [1-99] Cougar1 is on the path to success [1-99] Cougar1 is on the path to success [1-99] Cougar1 is on the path to success [1-99]
Kinda lost interest, but that's how I am with games: a repeating cycle of obsession followed by indifference. XD I'm "PanzerschreckLeopard"
Old 05 Jan 11, 11:28
Lieutenant General
United_States
Distinguished Service Award Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar1 View Post
Kinda lost interest, but that's how I am with games: a repeating cycle of obsession followed by indifference. XD I'm "PanzerschreckLeopard"
I go through cycles, too. Still, this one is fun. Let us know if you start gaming with it again.

Warhammer 40K Wisdom: Heresy grows from buggy servers.

Try to learn the difference between prudence and paranoia.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!