HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > First Person Shooters

Notices and Announcements

First Person Shooters For FPS games of all types and for all platforms.

Old 05 Feb 10, 23:48
General of the Forums
Sinc
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
March Offensive 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
BioShock 2

Anyone else excited? Eh? Eh?

Through My Eyes - My Hearts of Iron AAR

Um actually, "Frankenstorm" was the name of the mad scientist who created it.
- Bill Corbett
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 06 Feb 10, 15:33
Colonel
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200]
Looks good I know story-wise i probably won't like it as much (most sequals are like that) but it seems like it will be an amazing game.
Old 07 Feb 10, 13:04
General of the Forums
Sinc
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
March Offensive 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 

Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay217 View Post
Looks good I know story-wise i probably won't like it as much (most sequals are like that) but it seems like it will be an amazing game.
I agree with ya mate. BioShock 1 was one of a few games where I didn't honestly predict where the story was going; the "twist" in it really surprised me.

However, I am really looking forwards to BioShock 2 because its story line seems really, really interesting. Playing as a Big Daddy? Fun!

- Bill Corbett
Old 07 Feb 10, 20:17
Colonel
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by daemonofdecay View Post
I agree with ya mate. BioShock 1 was one of a few games where I didn't honestly predict where the story was going; the "twist" in it really surprised me.

However, I am really looking forwards to BioShock 2 because its story line seems really, really interesting. Playing as a Big Daddy? Fun!
Ya the big plot twister made me so confused for a while. Story was really well done!

And Yes! I thought it was so cool in the 1st about turning into a big daddy but that didn't last long. Great to see this happen for the Entire game and actually get Big Daddy Weapons!
Old 07 Feb 10, 22:58
General of the Forums
Sinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay217 View Post
Ya the big plot twister made me so confused for a while. Story was really well done!

And Yes! I thought it was so cool in the 1st about turning into a big daddy but that didn't last long. Great to see this happen for the Entire game and actually get Big Daddy Weapons!
Yeah they way it happened in the 1st game was kinda lame, all things considered. This one seems much more interesting and well thought out.

Plus who can say no to having a massive drill for an arm?

- Bill Corbett
Old 09 Feb 10, 00:03
Colonel
Canada

Quote:
Yeah they way it happened in the 1st game was kinda lame, all things considered. This one seems much more interesting and well thought out.

Plus who can say no to having a massive drill for an arm?
Exactly! the drill will just be fun by itself

Alot better than running up as a human and wack a man in a giant deep-sea-armored-pressure suit man wielding a drill with... a wrench...

Oh so Intimidating!
Old 09 Feb 10, 14:14
Colonel
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 

DingBat is walking in the light [200] DingBat is walking in the light [200] DingBat is walking in the light [200] DingBat is walking in the light [200] DingBat is walking in the light [200] DingBat is walking in the light [200] DingBat is walking in the light [200] DingBat is walking in the light [200] DingBat is walking in the light [200] DingBat is walking in the light [200] DingBat is walking in the light [200] DingBat is walking in the light [200]
Now if we could only convince them to re-do System Shock.

Sigh. One can dream.
Old 10 Feb 10, 09:49
General of the Forums
Sinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingBat View Post
Now if we could only convince them to re-do System Shock.

Sigh. One can dream.
Not only did I recently install System Shock 2 for the very first time, I also re-installed the greatest video game of all time onto my computer:

DEUS EX.

- Bill Corbett
Old 10 Feb 10, 13:21
Colonel
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 

DingBat is walking in the light [200] DingBat is walking in the light [200] DingBat is walking in the light [200] DingBat is walking in the light [200] DingBat is walking in the light [200] DingBat is walking in the light [200] DingBat is walking in the light [200] DingBat is walking in the light [200] DingBat is walking in the light [200] DingBat is walking in the light [200] DingBat is walking in the light [200] DingBat is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Not only did I recently install System Shock 2 for the very first time, I also re-installed the greatest video game of all time onto my computer:

DEUS EX.
System Shock 2 is still very playable, even today. The graphics are obviously dated, but not so much your eyes bleed.

Bioshock is great, but compared to System Shock, Rapture is awfully crowded. I used to love creeping around in SS and SS2 with only the recorded logs and the ghosts to keep me company. Very creepy.
Old 04 Mar 10, 10:12
ACG Commanding Officer
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 

Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500]
Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500]
OK, I played through B2 and it was enjoyable, but not head and shoulders above the first title. The ending was much weaker...

Time to sell this puppy.

"the hole in the sky that nightmares fall out of" -- one description of the B2 Stealth Bomber
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!