HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > General Gaming Discussion

Notices and Announcements

General Gaming Discussion Discussion of gaming subjects that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 31 Jan 10, 09:20
General of the Forums
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 

LRB has earned the respect of all [900] LRB has earned the respect of all [900]
LRB has earned the respect of all [900] LRB has earned the respect of all [900] LRB has earned the respect of all [900] LRB has earned the respect of all [900] LRB has earned the respect of all [900] LRB has earned the respect of all [900]
Panzer General Lives (Panzer General Forever)

All you Panzer General devotees rejoice !!!

http://panzercentral.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45039

Panzer General Forever (as it is being called) is a most certain welcome to anyone that likes the game.

It's Panzer General AND Allied General and here is the great part, the link has a free download and this file not onloy works, it works properly and in Windows 7 and with ZERO need to fiddle with it run it under special conditions or with secondary software.

It just plain runs correctly.

There's no install routine, you unzip the file, and run the .exe and presto you're in the game.

I've already tried it. Runs juuuuust fine on my average system running Windows 7 64.

I am most amused
I don't think I will even bother keeping all my other cobbled together solution versions of the programs. Apparently the program has been deliberately made compatible with the current computer world.
But I still get to make models :)
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 31 Jan 10, 13:52
Brigadier General
Poland
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Draco Borealis is walking in the light [200] Draco Borealis is walking in the light [200] Draco Borealis is walking in the light [200] Draco Borealis is walking in the light [200] Draco Borealis is walking in the light [200] Draco Borealis is walking in the light [200] Draco Borealis is walking in the light [200] Draco Borealis is walking in the light [200] Draco Borealis is walking in the light [200] Draco Borealis is walking in the light [200] Draco Borealis is walking in the light [200] Draco Borealis is walking in the light [200] Draco Borealis is walking in the light [200]
Good find it was second WWII strategy I played on PC (first was Steel Panthers I), shame that isometric/top down look and turns went out of the gaming fashion same was in CRPGs; Atleast now we have bloom, HDR and other gadgets instead of inteligent design and fun scenarios.
Old 10 Feb 10, 09:07
Private
Croatia
Greatest Westerns Campaign 

hipponos is on the path to success [1-99]
Smile

Great find!!!

I spent LOTS of hours on original...

AND I lost my first game versus Poland in this one...
Old 10 Feb 10, 19:41
Brigadier General
Poland
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300]
LB, I have read enough of your posts to know you are a straight shooter. You mean this is free = no catch? I checked out the link, but don't want to DL until I know it's for real. This is WAY too good to be true. How sweet is this...
Old 10 Feb 10, 20:08
General of the Forums
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 

LRB has earned the respect of all [900] LRB has earned the respect of all [900] LRB has earned the respect of all [900] LRB has earned the respect of all [900] LRB has earned the respect of all [900] LRB has earned the respect of all [900]
It's a rather nice merging of the code for both Panzer General and Allied General.

Very much real, very much likes modern computers and runs fine on Windows 7 64.

Appears to be just a bit tougher setting than some have recalled as they have found winning a little harder.

The only unsubstantiated detail is one of legality. Does the guy truly possess the right to give away a game that is technically still owned by someone (although I would have a bitch of a time identifying the who).

But it's the whole program.
Old 11 Feb 10, 08:44
Brigadier General
Poland
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300] Twitter3 is on a distinguished road [300]
It sounded too good to be true, but I guess if others are jumping off the bridge...

Brings back a lot of memories! Thanks for the heads up LB.
Old 11 Feb 10, 08:51
Marshal of ACG - XO
South_Vietnam
March Offensive 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Model Forum Group Build 5 Year Service Ribbon 
Distinguished Service Award Summer Campaign Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Thanks for the link Les, downloading it as I type, fond memories of it too on the Playstation lol!
Old 21 Feb 10, 19:25
Colonel
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Kevin Kenneally has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kevin Kenneally has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kevin Kenneally has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kevin Kenneally has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kevin Kenneally has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kevin Kenneally has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kevin Kenneally has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kevin Kenneally has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kevin Kenneally has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Thanks for the PG Forever link

Les,

Thanks for the link.

Does anyone know of where I can get a hold of a Panzer General II from?
Old 22 Feb 10, 12:37
Publisher
United_States
March Offensive Model Forum Group Build 5 Year Service Ribbon Distinguished Service Award 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 

Eric Weider is a jewel in the rough [500]
Eric Weider is a jewel in the rough [500] Eric Weider is a jewel in the rough [500] Eric Weider is a jewel in the rough [500] Eric Weider is a jewel in the rough [500] Eric Weider is a jewel in the rough [500] Eric Weider is a jewel in the rough [500] Eric Weider is a jewel in the rough [500]
Awesome Les!!!
Old 22 Feb 10, 13:36
Private
Scotland

boyne_water is on the path to success [1-99]
Thanks very much.I just bought a new computer last week and was horrified to learn that the only PG that would run on it was pg3.So thanks again.
Sponsored Links

Old 09 Sep 10, 10:39
Brigadier General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Sino Invasion is walking in the light [200] Sino Invasion is walking in the light [200] Sino Invasion is walking in the light [200] Sino Invasion is walking in the light [200] Sino Invasion is walking in the light [200] Sino Invasion is walking in the light [200] Sino Invasion is walking in the light [200] Sino Invasion is walking in the light [200] Sino Invasion is walking in the light [200] Sino Invasion is walking in the light [200] Sino Invasion is walking in the light [200] Sino Invasion is walking in the light [200]
Help???

PG is my all-time favorite game. I was so psyched to find out about PGF. I tried downloading it on my wife's laptop (HP EliteBook 2540p) running W7.

After downloading PGF, I got an error when I tried to run the .exe file. It was a Sys error saying it couldn't find htmlayout.dll I downloaded that file onto the C: drive. I still get the same error.

Any ideas? Thx!
Old 09 Sep 10, 10:42
General of the Forums
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 

My first thought is purge and download fresh.

You might have just got a bad download.
Old 09 Sep 10, 14:03
Brigadier General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Blunders Campaign 

Wolery is walking in the light [200] Wolery is walking in the light [200] Wolery is walking in the light [200] Wolery is walking in the light [200] Wolery is walking in the light [200] Wolery is walking in the light [200] Wolery is walking in the light [200] Wolery is walking in the light [200] Wolery is walking in the light [200] Wolery is walking in the light [200] Wolery is walking in the light [200] Wolery is walking in the light [200]
Hey I got a thing where PGF crahes on me randomly when I try and save. Naturally, I have stopped playing because it's prone to riuning what passes for my tactical brilliance! What can I do.
Old 09 Sep 10, 16:48
General of the Forums
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Logic would suggest these reasonable questions probably would be more competently answered over at JPs Panzers (where we get the file from).
Old 09 Sep 10, 20:36
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States

Pilsudski has demonstrated strength of character [100] Pilsudski has demonstrated strength of character [100] Pilsudski has demonstrated strength of character [100] Pilsudski has demonstrated strength of character [100] Pilsudski has demonstrated strength of character [100] Pilsudski has demonstrated strength of character [100] Pilsudski has demonstrated strength of character [100] Pilsudski has demonstrated strength of character [100] Pilsudski has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Thanks LB, Panzer General was one of my fav games as a kid.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!