StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Military/History Related Hobbies > Units - Military/Naval Service of ACG Members > Army

Notices and Announcements

Army ACG service in the Army of any nation.

Old 16 May 10, 22:34
Sergeant
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign 

CCWO is on the path to success [1-99]
Thanks, I knew that. What bothered me was i spent (after '73) 4 yrs Inactive Reserves, 7 yrs National Guard, 25 yrs Active Guard/Reserves (AGR), with loads of VN vets, and this never came up. You live & you learn.
Old 10 Oct 10, 19:32
General of the Forums
Hungary
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Pint John View Post
Supposedly my old MOS is now authorized to wear Wings. The Wings are the same as crewmen or pilots. The MOS was with in the 93H&J fields of ATC which is now 15Q iirc. According to this I would be authorized to wear the same wings as a Master Aviator. I feel very uncomfortable of wearing those wings as the requirements are so much different.

What are your opinions?

HPJ
I agree with you. Also, since the wings were not awarded to you, you shouldn't wear them (my opinion).

"Never pet a burning dog."

RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
http://www.mormon.org
http://www.sca.org
http://www.scv.org/
http://www.scouting.org/
Old 29 Aug 11, 03:32
Sergeant Major
United_States

Gencallan has disabled reputation
I've been 'issued' some medals, but found that my unit I\in Korea had erned a Presidental Citation. Does that mean I could wear it? on a cap? Another someone, tried to tell me my Berlin Brigade, and 8th Army patches could me worn as "combat" patches??? Of course it's to late now, just like the DOA finally including the support troops on the DMZ in Korea '68-'69. They even listed the crew of the Pueblo, I was there at that time.....
Old 29 Aug 11, 07:03
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gencallan View Post
I've been 'issued' some medals, but found that my unit I\in Korea had erned a Presidental Citation. Does that mean I could wear it? on a cap? Another someone, tried to tell me my Berlin Brigade, and 8th Army patches could me worn as "combat" patches??? Of course it's to late now, just like the DOA finally including the support troops on the DMZ in Korea '68-'69. They even listed the crew of the Pueblo, I was there at that time.....
Various unit awards. If you were a member of that unit when it earned the award, you ware it from that time forward, no matter what unit you are now in. If you were not in the unit at the time it was awarded, you STILL where the unit's citations while YOU serve in the unit. When reassigned, you remove the unit citations.

'Combat Patch (Shoulder sleeve insignia-former wartime service (SSIFWTS)

Korea, from AR670-1:

Quote:
(2) Korea: between 27 June 1950 and 27 July 1954, both dates inclusive. Also from 1 April 1968 to 31 August
1973, for those personnel who were awarded the Purple Heart, Combat Infantryman badge, Combat Medical badge, or
who qualified for at least one months hostile fire pay for service in a hostile fire area in Korea
Old 29 Aug 11, 21:47
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

lirelou gives and gets respect [800]
lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800] lirelou gives and gets respect [800]
Gencallan, whether or not you are authorized to wear a combat patch for Korea depends on whether or not you received one months hostile fire pay for service there: To wit:

Quote:
Soldiers who received a Purple Heart or Combat Infantryman Badge, or who received at least one month's hostile pay while in a hostile zone in Korea from April 1, 1968, to August 31, 1973, also are eligible.
source: Army Combat Patch Regulations | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5044156_ar...#ixzz1WTLna6Bc

Phong trần mi một lưỡi gươm, Những loi gi o ti cơm s g!
Sponsored Links

Old 07 Nov 11, 03:38
Sergeant Major
United_States

I was wondering about that to. I was with the 304th Sig Bn in 1968-69, they had earned a presidential citation. Guesss I can add it to my display.
Old 07 Nov 11, 03:40
Sergeant Major
United_States

CIB in Korea

I drew hostile fire pay for one month while at the JSA in Panmunjom. So does that make me eligable? Man, I have no idea about this medal stuff. I also got a Letter of Recommendation from the Battalion CO.[B]I wrote to the DOD awrads & medals department for more info. Sent my DD-214, a page that showed my assignments, and that letter. Like everything else thye're taking care of the kids today.

I was 20, unaware of what the hell was going on around me, I lost a friend to non-combat death, ironic, his dad had been killed in the 1950-53 Korean War, in a non-combat situation.

I'm sure you will 'straighten' me out on any of this stuff. I was Army Guard in late '80s to, 95B M.P.

Last edited by Gencallan; 07 Nov 11 at 03:58.. Reason: Needed more info
Old 12 May 12, 17:20
Sergeant Major
United_States

[I]We don't get to wear awards long after we're out do we? It's like "Presidential Citations"[can only be worn while with the unit that earned it. I was disappointed that I found out after I got out I could have worn my 8th Army patch on the 'combat' sleeve. I]

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!