StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Military/History Related Hobbies > Units - Military/Naval Service of ACG Members > Army

Notices and Announcements

Army ACG service in the Army of any nation.

Old 07 Dec 09, 16:09
Second Lieutenant
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 

SgtTerry is on the path to success [1-99] SgtTerry is on the path to success [1-99] SgtTerry is on the path to success [1-99] SgtTerry is on the path to success [1-99] SgtTerry is on the path to success [1-99] SgtTerry is on the path to success [1-99]
Still Serving

I started my military career at the age of 17 when I got my Dad to sign the paperwork allowing me to join a year early (that free college thing is a great argument to a soon to be retiring Father, lol). I enlisted in the Texas Army National Guard in November of 2002. I attended Basic and AIT after I graduated in the Summer of 2003 and graduated as an 11B Infantryman. I went to my first unit which was 2nd Battalion 142nd Infantry Regiment, 36th ID. I deployed with this unit to Iraq in 2005. When our year was finished I came home and was reassigned to 1st Battalion 141st Infantry Regiment and was able to attend Air Assault School and the Warrior Leaders Course (PLDC). It was at this time I decided the Army was for me and transferred to Active Duty in August of 2007. My first Active Duty assignment was Recon and Security Platoon, 1st Brigade Special Troops Battalion, 2nd Infantry Division in the Republic of Korea. I was promoted to Sergeant while in Korea. After my year there was done I moved to Ft. Bliss and was assigned to my current assignment in 4th Battalion 6th Infantry Regiment 4th Brigade 1st Armored Division where my current duty position is Squad Leader on the Battalion Command Team's Personal Security Detail. I just passed my E-6 board and will be getting promoted to Staff Sergeant in January and as of right now I'm on orders to move to Germany when I get back from this Iraq deployment.
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 07 Dec 09, 16:12
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]  [+1]
Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Congrates on the SSG. If I can be of help with your move to Germany let me know per pm.

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

'half-baked, spurious nationalism'
Old 07 Dec 09, 16:20
Captain
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Elijah is on the path to success [1-99] Elijah is on the path to success [1-99] Elijah is on the path to success [1-99] Elijah is on the path to success [1-99] Elijah is on the path to success [1-99] Elijah is on the path to success [1-99]
Hope you enjoy Germany. I was in the 56th Field Artillery stationed at Schwabish Gmund from 81 to 83. We spent the maximum time bumming about the countryside whenever the opportunity presented. Octoberfest, volksmarching, Lindau in the Spring. A really great experience.

Be sure to look for a bar with Diebbels Alt Bier on tap. Takes about 20 minutes to poor a glass but, ahhhh, so worth the wait.
Old 07 Dec 09, 16:29
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]  [+1]
Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah View Post
Hope you enjoy Germany. I was in the 56th Field Artillery stationed at Schwabish Gmund from 81 to 83. We spent the maximum time bumming about the countryside whenever the opportunity presented. Octoberfest, volksmarching, Lindau in the Spring. A really great experience.

Be sure to look for a bar with Diebbels Alt Bier on tap. Takes about 20 minutes to poor a glass but, ahhhh, so worth the wait.
I'm about 10 minutes from SG.

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Old 07 Dec 09, 16:47
Second Lieutenant
United_States

SgtTerry is on the path to success [1-99] SgtTerry is on the path to success [1-99] SgtTerry is on the path to success [1-99] SgtTerry is on the path to success [1-99] SgtTerry is on the path to success [1-99] SgtTerry is on the path to success [1-99]
I'm projected to go to Baumholder but nothing is certain til I get there
Old 07 Dec 09, 17:04
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtTerry View Post
I'm projected to go to Baumholder but nothing is certain til I get there

what a lovely place

The location is great though. Close to Lux and Belgium battlefields. The Moselle and Rhine valleys are not that far. Close enough to the large American facilities around Ramstein and K town. Maybe 6 hours to Paris.

Baumholder post it's self is relatively remote. but very up to date.

Old 09 Dec 09, 17:01
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Congrats on SSG.

Any chance you know whether or not there are units still stationed in Bamberg?

Anybody on that?
Old 10 Dec 09, 22:05
Captain
Powflag
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

popuptarget has demonstrated strength of character [100] popuptarget has demonstrated strength of character [100] popuptarget has demonstrated strength of character [100] popuptarget has demonstrated strength of character [100] popuptarget has demonstrated strength of character [100] popuptarget has demonstrated strength of character [100] popuptarget has demonstrated strength of character [100] popuptarget has demonstrated strength of character [100]
congrats on both the promotion and the assignment to Germany (home of great beer). I was further south in Gelnhausen (between Hanau and Fulda) and hope to get back for a visit someday.
Old 12 Jan 10, 20:29
Gunnery Sergeant
United_States
Greatest Blunders Campaign 

IronMan15 is on the path to success [1-99] IronMan15 is on the path to success [1-99] IronMan15 is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
I started my military career at the age of 17 when I got my Dad to sign the paperwork allowing me to join a year early (that free college thing is a great argument to a soon to be retiring Father, lol). I enlisted in the Texas Army National Guard in November of 2002. I attended Basic and AIT after I graduated in the Summer of 2003 and graduated as an 11B Infantryman. I went to my first unit which was 2nd Battalion 142nd Infantry Regiment, 36th ID. I deployed with this unit to Iraq in 2005. When our year was finished I came home and was reassigned to 1st Battalion 141st Infantry Regiment and was able to attend Air Assault School and the Warrior Leaders Course (PLDC). It was at this time I decided the Army was for me and transferred to Active Duty in August of 2007. My first Active Duty assignment was Recon and Security Platoon, 1st Brigade Special Troops Battalion, 2nd Infantry Division in the Republic of Korea. I was promoted to Sergeant while in Korea. After my year there was done I moved to Ft. Bliss and was assigned to my current assignment in 4th Battalion 6th Infantry Regiment 4th Brigade 1st Armored Division where my current duty position is Squad Leader on the Battalion Command Team's Personal Security Detail. I just passed my E-6 board and will be getting promoted to Staff Sergeant in January and as of right now I'm on orders to move to Germany when I get back from this Iraq deployment.
When were you with the 36th, my neighbor is a Brig. Gen. and was a Regimental C.O. in the 36th back in '05 when he was a Colonel. Red Brown sound familiar?

Psalms 144.1
Old 13 Jan 10, 14:18
Colonel
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Kevin Kenneally has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kevin Kenneally has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kevin Kenneally has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kevin Kenneally has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kevin Kenneally has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kevin Kenneally has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kevin Kenneally has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kevin Kenneally has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kevin Kenneally has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Good job Joe.

I spent 26 years in the US Army and I too joined when I was 17. Continue ot keep your head-down and come home safe.
Sponsored Links

Old 13 Jan 10, 17:47
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by r. Evans View Post
congrats on ssg.

any chance you know whether or not there are units still stationed in bamberg?

Anybody on that?
yes

Old 30 Jul 10, 01:17
Second Lieutenant
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan15 View Post
When were you with the 36th, my neighbor is a Brig. Gen. and was a Regimental C.O. in the 36th back in '05 when he was a Colonel. Red Brown sound familiar?
Lol, yep he was my brigade commander
Old 22 Jun 12, 06:04
Second Lieutenant
United_States

I'd completely forgotten about this thread but I figured I'd go ahead and update it. I got to Baumholder and was assigned to 2-18 Infantry in the 170th Infantry Brigade (Seperate). We deployed to FOB Konduz in Northern Afghanistan where we conducted many varied operations in RC North. Returned from that deployment this February and now the Brigade is being deactivated and everyone is being forced to PCS elsewhere. I recieved orders for Drill Sergeant School and will be stationed at Fort Jackson, South Carolina to be a DS for 2 years. I'm really going to miss living in Europe but alas... all good things must come to an end. Plus, DS should help me pick up SFC in the next year or two.
Old 22 Jun 12, 06:23
General of the Forums
United_States

Your career is advancing very well Joe. Congras on DS. Demanding as h--- but very satisfying

Old 22 Jun 12, 08:26
Second Lieutenant
United_States

Thanks, I'm not looking forward to the long hours but I'm interested to see what it's like wearing the brown round as opposed to having it all up in my face.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!