StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > World History Group Hosting > The Art of Battle

Notices and Announcements

The Art of Battle All discussion of The Art of Battle - Power Point Maps is encouraged here. Visit the Website.

Old 31 Jul 09, 23:03
Staff Sergeant
Canada

Jonathan4290 is on the path to success [1-99] Jonathan4290 is on the path to success [1-99] Jonathan4290 is on the path to success [1-99]
Your own animations

So I recently announced plans to have a page where I will post users' very own animations. In the near future I will give more details as to criteria, suggestions etc.

For now, I'm just wondering what battles are you currently working on/intend to work on?
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 14 Feb 10, 06:09
First Sergeant
United_States

milhistorian is on the path to success [1-99] milhistorian is on the path to success [1-99]
Thumbs up

You sir, have a very interesting and informative website. I had never thought of presenting a battle that way through a powerpoint presentation. I look forward to seeing more works from it.
Old 16 Feb 10, 07:25
General of the Forums
EU
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II SPQR Campaign 

Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Stratego has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by milhistorian View Post
You sir, have a very interesting and informative website. I had never thought of presenting a battle that way through a powerpoint presentation. I look forward to seeing more works from it.
I agree 100% this is what is needed, great work !

Only one detail though if I may...I don't know who is talking, but it sounds like someone who is reading a book! Get some expression in his voice, some liveliness, in order to prohibit listeneners from falling asleep.

You have some good visuals there, get the right audio in there and it's perfect

Greets,
Stratego

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG
Old 16 Feb 10, 15:57
General of the Forums
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C SPQR Campaign 
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Jonathan, excellent job. However I have to echo Stratego in regards to the Audio component. To keep your audience's interest you will need to consider adding more 'Verve' to your narration.

That being said, very nice site.

Last edited by Arthwys; 17 Feb 10 at 12:18..
Old 16 Feb 10, 16:34
Lieutenant General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

17thAirborneSon is walking in the light [200] 17thAirborneSon is walking in the light [200] 17thAirborneSon is walking in the light [200] 17thAirborneSon is walking in the light [200] 17thAirborneSon is walking in the light [200] 17thAirborneSon is walking in the light [200] 17thAirborneSon is walking in the light [200] 17thAirborneSon is walking in the light [200] 17thAirborneSon is walking in the light [200] 17thAirborneSon is walking in the light [200] 17thAirborneSon is walking in the light [200] 17thAirborneSon is walking in the light [200]
Lightbulb

This is really good. Stay with it. I will be following this site for sure!

"The horizon is unlimited." Major General Matthew Ridgeway
Old 11 Jun 10, 15:10
Private First Class
United_States

ManassasVol is a balanced individual [0]
I did a powerpoint animation of Second Manassas some years ago. There was some discussion about showing it at the Manassas visitor's center but nothing came of it. Anyone interested in it?
Neal
ACG.com contributor:
Longstreet's Attack and the Struggle for Chinn Ridge
Battle of First Bull Run atlas and battlefield guide
Old 13 Jun 10, 13:55
General of the Forums
Pirate
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300]
What's the website?

--Hávamál
Old 16 Jun 10, 18:04
Private First Class
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Six 4 View Post
What's the website?
Don't have it posted online. I wonder is Jonathan is still planning on hosting other animations on his?
ACG.com contributor:
Old 16 Jun 10, 22:48
General of the Forums
Pirate
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManassasVol View Post
Don't have it posted online.
Blast.

--Hávamál
Old 24 Jun 10, 00:41
Staff Sergeant
Canada

Jonathan4290 is on the path to success [1-99] Jonathan4290 is on the path to success [1-99] Jonathan4290 is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManassasVol View Post
Don't have it posted online. I wonder is Jonathan is still planning on hosting other animations on his?
I am definitely planning on hosting animations by other authors on my website with full credits to those authors.

Right now, I'm in the process of creating a user page where others can create their own animations, articles etc. As of now, I have an article on the history of offensive land tactics lined up but I would love to host your animation.

All content by other authors would remain their intellectual property; I would only provide an outlet for which it may be presented.

E-mail me at jonwebb4290@hotmail.com so we can discuss this.
Sponsored Links

Old 24 Jun 10, 18:57
Private First Class
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan4290 View Post
I am definitely planning on hosting animations by other authors on my website with full credits to those authors.

Right now, I'm in the process of creating a user page where others can create their own animations, articles etc. As of now, I have an article on the history of offensive land tactics lined up but I would love to host your animation.

All content by other authors would remain their intellectual property; I would only provide an outlet for which it may be presented.

E-mail me at jonwebb4290@hotmail.com so we can discuss this.
Let me clean it up some. It was originally intended to be presented in public with a narration so I'll have to add some text (like you've done with yours) to explain what going on. I'll email you when ready, should get it done over the weekend.
ACG.com contributor:
Old 25 Jun 10, 15:35
Staff Sergeant
Canada

Excellent, take your time.

Also, don't feel compelled to follow my formula for animations so any features included/not included in my own are welcome such as audio narrations etc.

Look forward to seeing it!
Old 28 Jun 10, 20:01
Private First Class
United_States

It needs some updating. I didn't realize that it had been over 3 years since I made it. And with powerpoint having so many new features, I'm curious now how I can improve it. It covers the Peninsula and Second Manassas campaigns.
ACG.com contributor:
Old 08 Jul 10, 20:59
Staff Sergeant
Canada

Take the time you need, we all look forward to it.
Old 09 Jul 10, 15:56
Private First Class
United_States

Thanks for the confidence.

Was able to spend half the day on it. Coming along nicely; about halfway there.
ACG.com contributor:

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!