HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > World War II

Notices and Announcements

World War II Discuss WW2. .

Old 08 Jul 09, 11:17
Sergeant
United_States

Franek is on the path to success [1-99] Franek is on the path to success [1-99]
WW2 Army film shown to GI's warning about VD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxNrmf-VoSs

During Basic training in America during WW2. On a regular basis we were shown VD films. The one shown above is quite mild compared to some that we witnessed. They were much more graphic.
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 09 Jul 09, 10:32
Lieutenant General
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300]
We had the same thing when I was in the Brit Army in the 50's....scared the s### out of us....talk about the need for saltpeter...

per ardua ad astra
Old 09 Jul 09, 12:50
Sergeant Major
United_States

Tourniquet is on the path to success [1-99] Tourniquet is on the path to success [1-99] Tourniquet is on the path to success [1-99]
Soft shanker.. oh my.

- From "The Parachutist's Commandments", a German document issued to Fallschirmjager.
Old 10 Jul 09, 16:53
Staff Sergeant
United_States

=^-..-^= is on the path to success [1-99] =^-..-^= is on the path to success [1-99] =^-..-^= is on the path to success [1-99]
There were some links to some 'Private Snafu' training cartoons there on utube. Those were certainly interesting to watch! Private Snafu was voiced by Mel Blanc and sounds just like Bugs Bunny. I learned someting new about WW2 today!
Old 10 Jul 09, 20:08
General of the Forums
United_States

SRV Ron is a jewel in the rough [500]
SRV Ron is a jewel in the rough [500] SRV Ron is a jewel in the rough [500] SRV Ron is a jewel in the rough [500] SRV Ron is a jewel in the rough [500] SRV Ron is a jewel in the rough [500] SRV Ron is a jewel in the rough [500] SRV Ron is a jewel in the rough [500]
Condoms were mandatory equipment over in Vietnam as we were told that penicillin had no effect on the strain of VD infecting the local ******. The locals would even supply you with one if you were out.

At any rate, the first time that the guys had a weekend leave in basic training, a couple of them that following Monday morning were already in severe pain. I'm sure that it was much worse after sick call followed by an unpleasant trip back to the Seattle bar with the MPs and local police as they went looking for the hooker responsible for spreading the STD, prostitution, hookers, soliciting of, being illegal in the state of Washington.

Know Your Place, Shut Your Face!
Old 10 Jul 09, 22:43
Regimental Sergeant Major of the Forums
Australia
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700]
lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700] lcm1 is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Plus an unwanted visit to 'Rose Cottage' eh Ron!!

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
Old 11 Jul 09, 01:34
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

MonsterZero has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] MonsterZero has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
MonsterZero has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] MonsterZero has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] MonsterZero has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] MonsterZero has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] MonsterZero has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] MonsterZero has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] MonsterZero has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] MonsterZero has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] MonsterZero has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] MonsterZero has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] MonsterZero has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
A soldier in US armed forces in WWII risked a dishonorable discharge if caught infected with venereal diseases.

However, I spoke to many WWII veterans (Americans) and they told me there was always a way to cheat the system. They never reported to an army doctor with the symptoms but sought private doctors on their own. The doctor would prescribe something but kept his mouth shut so the military superiors never knew.

"Man is a military animal, glories in gunpowder, and loves parade."
--P. J. Bailey, British poet
Old 12 Jul 09, 06:36
Sergeant
United_States

Franek is on the path to success [1-99] Franek is on the path to success [1-99]
I remember an incident back in 1944. As I was recuperating from a wound in Paris. I went out on a one day pass. I ended up standing in line at a French ***** house.$2.00. As I got closer the thought came back from watching the VD films.. I lost my nerve and stepped back out of line. I remained a 19 yr old virgin but I had no shankers.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!