HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Weider Hosting > RKKA (The Russian Army) in World War II

Notices and Announcements

RKKA (The Russian Army) in World War II Discuss the Russian armed forces in World War II. Hosted by our resident Russian expert, AMVAS. Please visit his RKKA in WW2 Website.

Old 07 Jul 09, 06:51
Recruit
Spain

almogavari is a balanced individual [0]
308th Riflle division + Kuznechek

Dear All,

I am trying to collect all the Kuznecheck ( bactrian camel with gold medal !!)travel from Stalingrad to Berlin with the 308th Rifle division.

I have info on Stalingrad as part of the 62 Army

Then also on Kurks partipation as reserve

But I need help to have some aligning in Berlin offensive or other attack

I know they became Guards Rifle Divison but have no more data ?

Thanks in advance
Sergio
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 07 Jul 09, 10:44
RKKA in World War II Forum CO
Russia
March Offensive 5 Year Service Ribbon Distinguished Service Award 

amvas has demonstrated strength of character [100] amvas has demonstrated strength of character [100] amvas has demonstrated strength of character [100] amvas has demonstrated strength of character [100] amvas has demonstrated strength of character [100] amvas has demonstrated strength of character [100] amvas has demonstrated strength of character [100] amvas has demonstrated strength of character [100] amvas has demonstrated strength of character [100] amvas has demonstrated strength of character [100] amvas has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by almogavari View Post
Dear All,

I am trying to collect all the Kuznecheck ( bactrian camel with gold medal !!)travel from Stalingrad to Berlin with the 308th Rifle division.

Thanks in advance
Sergio
The 308th Rifle Division (2nd formation) was formed in Mar-May 1942 in the siberian military district. Was subordinated to the 24th, 62nd and 3th Armies.
Took part in the Stalingrad battle, Orel, Bryansk, Gomel-Retchitskaya, Rogachevsko-Zhlobinskaya, Byelorussian, Eastern-Prussian and Berlin operations
Was renamed into the 120th Guards Rifle Division (on Sept. 29), got honorable name "Rogachevskaya" (Feb. 44), awarded with orders of Red Banner, Suvorov 2nd class, Kutuzov 2nd class

regards
Alex
Old 07 Jul 09, 11:58
First Sergeant
United_States

Sharposhnikov is on the path to success [1-99] Sharposhnikov is on the path to success [1-99] Sharposhnikov is on the path to success [1-99] Sharposhnikov is on the path to success [1-99] Sharposhnikov is on the path to success [1-99] Sharposhnikov is on the path to success [1-99]
I can add a few details to that...
The 308th Rifle Division (2nd formation) was formed in accordance with Order Number 0044 of the Siberian Military District dated 21 March 1942. It was formed at Omsk in the Siberian Military District, using 20% Red Army men (active duty), 25% returning wounded veterans, 25% reservists from industry, and 30% new recruits from the classes of 1922-23. Most of the recruits and reservists came from the Omsk and Krasnoyarsk oblasts.
As the 308th Rifle Division, the unit had two commanders:
Colonel Leontii Nikolaevich Gurt'ev took over the division on 1 March 1942, was promoted to Major General on 7 December 1942, and was killed in action at Pamanlovo on 3 August 1943. For his actions in taking that town, he became a Hero of the Soviet Union posthumously on 27 August 1943. His successor as division commander was Colonel Nikolai Kuz'mich Maslennikov, who took over officially on 4 August 1943 and was promoted to Major General on 22 September 1943. Maslennikov was commander until the 308th became the 120th Guards Rifle Division on 29 September 1943 in accordance with NKO Order Number 285.
The division had 12,133 officers and men when it was formed, and was initially assigned to the 8th Reserve Army in May 1942. For its actions at Stalingrad September to December 1942 it was awarded the Order of the Red Banner by an order dated 19 June 1943
Old 07 Jul 09, 14:30
RKKA in World War II Forum CO
Russia
March Offensive 5 Year Service Ribbon Distinguished Service Award 

amvas has demonstrated strength of character [100] amvas has demonstrated strength of character [100] amvas has demonstrated strength of character [100] amvas has demonstrated strength of character [100] amvas has demonstrated strength of character [100] amvas has demonstrated strength of character [100] amvas has demonstrated strength of character [100] amvas has demonstrated strength of character [100] amvas has demonstrated strength of character [100] amvas has demonstrated strength of character [100] amvas has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Btw, Kuznechik was not the only one camel in Berlin
At least there was another camel there.
It was Volod'ka camel from the 771st Artillery Regiment/248th Rifle Division/9th Rifle corps/5th Shock Army/1st Byelorussian Front.

More here (in Russian):
http://www.fotoelista.com/2008/kalmyk-camel-in-war.html
http://smozaika.ru/?p=71

Camels in suburb of Belrin. Apr. 30'45
Old 14 Jul 09, 02:53
Sergeant
Australia

T34M1942 is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by almogavari View Post
Dear All,

Thanks in advance
Sergio
If you can read Russian, there is a short history here http://community.livejournal.com/war...y/1202198.html

If not, what are you specifically interested in?
Old 14 Jul 09, 03:27
Sergeant
Australia

T34M1942 is on the path to success [1-99]
actually according to this http://www.omskportal.ru/Site/files/.../history1.html site the 308th never got to Berlin

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!