HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > Warfare Through the Ages

Notices and Announcements

Warfare Through the Ages Roman, Greek, Japanese, etc. Topics cover all manner of pre-modern warfare and empire-building and crushing.

Old 29 Feb 12, 12:57
General of the Forums
Russia
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Baker's Dozen of Russian Revolutionary/Political Terrorists

1. Vera Zasulich
2. Fanni Kaplan
3. Boris Savinkov
4. Sergei Nechaev
5. Ignacy Hryniewiecki
6. Nikolai Rysakov
7. Yakov Blyumkin
8. Leon Trotsky
9. Vera Figner

10. Stepan Khalturin

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour
Old 29 Feb 12, 13:11
First Lieutenant
Spain
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Vimy Ridge is on the path to success [1-99] Vimy Ridge is on the path to success [1-99] Vimy Ridge is on the path to success [1-99] Vimy Ridge is on the path to success [1-99] Vimy Ridge is on the path to success [1-99] Vimy Ridge is on the path to success [1-99]

1. Vera Zasulich
2. Fanni Kaplan
3. Boris Savinkov
4. Sergei Nechaev
5. Ignacy Hryniewiecki
6. Nikolai Rysakov
7. Yakov Blyumkin
8. Leon Trotsky
9. Vera Figner
10. Stepan Khalturin

11. Alexandra Kollontai

Old 29 Feb 12, 13:42
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vimy Ridge
. . . .
11. Alexandra Kollontai

Trotsky thought her absolutely vile. Did you . . . . know her? Everyone else did.

Last edited by slick_miester; 29 Feb 12 at 13:56.. Reason: I can't spell. D'oh!
Old 29 Feb 12, 13:48
First Lieutenant
Spain

Vimy Ridge is on the path to success [1-99] Vimy Ridge is on the path to success [1-99] Vimy Ridge is on the path to success [1-99] Vimy Ridge is on the path to success [1-99] Vimy Ridge is on the path to success [1-99] Vimy Ridge is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick_miester View Post
Trotsky though her absolutely vile. Did you . . . . know her? Everyone else did.

Gad sir, you are a cad to cast such a slur on a ..err, umm, ahh an adventurous woman. I didn't know her. I was too young and pure.
Old 29 Feb 12, 13:49
General of the Forums
Russia
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vimy Ridge View Post
10. Stepan Khalturin

11. Alexandra Kollontai
Kollontai has never participated in a political assassination or a terror attack, either directly or indirectly. Unless you consider her sexual exploits to be just that

I suggest that you pick someone else.

Old 29 Feb 12, 13:57
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShAA View Post
Kollontai has never participated in a political assassination or a terror attack, either directly or indirectly. Unless you consider her sexual exploits to be just that
That's just a matter of taste.

Rimshot
Old 29 Feb 12, 13:59
General of the Forums
Russia

Quote:
That's just a matter of taste.

Rimshot

Old 01 Mar 12, 06:40
First Lieutenant
Spain

1. Vera Zasulich
2. Fanni Kaplan
3. Boris Savinkov
4. Sergei Nechaev
5. Ignacy Hryniewiecki
6. Nikolai Rysakov
7. Yakov Blyumkin
8. Leon Trotsky
9. Vera Figner
10. Stepan Khalturin

11. Pyotr Schmidt

I have replaced the floozy with Pyotr Schmidt, I hope this makes ShAA sleep easier at night although I don't think he carried out any assassinations himself or participated in terror attacks (that is Pyotr not ShAA) I do believe he qualifies as a revolutionary. I also have to admit to not being very knowledgeable about this period of Russian history.
Old 01 Mar 12, 07:12
General of the Forums
Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vimy Ridge View Post
I have replaced the floozy
The "f** floozy" was a highly educated woman who was proposed by Alexander III's personal adjutant and many other high and powerful men of that time, and the first female ambassador in the world who was held in high regard by the Swedish establishment and the King of Sweden.

I knew you were pretty low, but when lowliness is coupled with ignorance, it's just lame.

Quote:
with Pyotr Schmidt, I hope this makes ShAA sleep easier at night
Oh baby, I still have to take some panty wadding classes from you to reach that point. When you start getting neg reps from me for posting totally relevant pictures of someone you don't like, you will know I have reached your level of craziness.

Quote:
although I don't think he carried out any assassinations himself or participated in terror attacks (that is Pyotr not ShAA) I do believe he qualifies as a revolutionary.
The topic is on "political/revolutionary terrorists". Everybody else got the point well, so it's only your problem. Shmidt was not a terrorist, so you're wrong again.

Quote:
I also have to admit to not being very knowledgeable about this period of Russian history.
Then don't post and don't squeal when shown wrong - you'll do this thread a real favour this way. I'll do the next posting as you apparently can't even use Google search for a second.

Old 01 Mar 12, 07:14
General of the Forums
Russia

1. Vera Zasulich
2. Fanni Kaplan
3. Boris Savinkov
4. Sergei Nechaev
5. Ignacy Hryniewiecki
6. Nikolai Rysakov
7. Yakov Blyumkin
8. Leon Trotsky
9. Vera Figner
10. Stepan Khalturin

11. Dmitry Bogrov

Sponsored Links

Old 01 Mar 12, 10:55
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Quote:
The "f** floozy" was a highly educated woman . . . .
Educated she certainly was -- but her education notwithstanding, she was a floozy.

I guess they just don't teach common sense in those fancy schools, do they.

Quote:
I knew you were pretty low, but when lowliness is coupled with ignorance, it's just lame. . . . .

Oh baby, I still have to take some panty wadding classes from you to reach that point. When you start getting neg reps from me for posting totally relevant pictures of someone you don't like, you will know I have reached your level of craziness. . . . .

Then don't post and don't squeal when shown wrong - you'll do this thread a real favour this way. I'll do the next posting as you apparently can't even use Google search for a second.
Lighten up already.

Quote:
The topic is on "political/revolutionary terrorists". Everybody else got the point well, so it's only your problem. Shmidt was not a terrorist, so you're wrong again.
That being the case, can't Kollantai be viewed as a revolutionary, if not necessarily a terrorist? She certainly saw herself as a revolutionary, beating down generations-old taboos about sex, sexuality, women's place in society, and a woman's sovereignty over her own sexuality. In some respects, she might have been one of the most revolutionary figures to emerge from the Russian Revolution. Therefore, your objection to her inclusion on this list might seem somewhat specious, would you not agree?
Old 01 Mar 12, 10:58
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

1. Vera Zasulich
2. Fanni Kaplan
3. Boris Savinkov
4. Sergei Nechaev
5. Ignacy Hryniewiecki
6. Nikolai Rysakov
7. Yakov Blyumkin
8. Leon Trotsky
9. Vera Figner
10. Stepan Khalturin
11. Dmitry Bogrov

12. Georgi Plekhanov

He hated Lenin, but it was Plekhanov who planted the seed of Russian Bolshevism. I wonder if he ever appreciated the irony.
Old 01 Mar 12, 12:12
General of the Forums
Russia

Quote:
Educated she certainly was -- but her education notwithstanding, she was a floozy.

I guess they just don't teach common sense in those fancy schools, do they.
You might call Cleopatra a usual ***** or Alexander the Great a brigand leader if you level things like that

Quote:
Lighten up already.
You don't know the background, but now it's irrelevant already.

Quote:
That being the case, can't Kollantai be viewed as a revolutionary, if not necessarily a terrorist? She certainly saw herself as a revolutionary, beating down generations-old taboos about sex, sexuality, women's place in society, and a woman's sovereignty over her own sexuality. In some respects, she might have been one of the most revolutionary figures to emerge from the Russian Revolution. Therefore, your objection to her inclusion on this list might seem somewhat specious, would you not agree?
See above. It's not about revolutionaries per se. The list of "just Russian revolutionaries" is someplace on the first pages of the thread.

Old 01 Mar 12, 13:01
ACG Forums - Field Marshal
Canada
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign SPQR Campaign 
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+]

1. Vera Zasulich
2. Fanni Kaplan
3. Boris Savinkov
4. Sergei Nechaev
5. Ignacy Hryniewiecki
6. Nikolai Rysakov
7. Yakov Blyumkin
8. Leon Trotsky
9. Vera Figner
10. Stepan Khalturin
11. Dmitry Bogrov
12. Georgi Plekhanov

13. Leonid Nikolaev

Old 01 Mar 12, 13:28
ACG Forums - Field Marshal
Canada
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign SPQR Campaign 
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Baker's Dozen Russian Lakes

1. Lake Ilmen

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!