StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > ACG's Guide to Free War, Combat, & Strategy Games Online' > Download Games

Notices and Announcements

Download Games Here you will find games where their files must be downloaded onto your computer and installed there in order to play.

Old 15 May 09, 16:40
Recruit
United_States

Chrisadamley is a balanced individual [0]
Cosmic Supremacy

The Game Cosmic Supremacy just released publicly. Its a space strategy game that focuses on war and diplomacy.

This game is really unique compared to other games IMO. It has a 3d interface!...also..you dont have to be online alot to do well. Micromanagement has been limited in this game.

It really worth checking out if your into these kind of games

-chrisadamley

Last edited by Jim H. Moreno; 12 Jun 09 at 11:01..
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 15 May 09, 21:31
General
Pirate
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

the_redstar_swl has disabled reputation
While the concept of a 4X MMO intrigues me, I'd need to see some 3rd party reviews before trying it.
Old 21 May 09, 18:45
Recruit
United_States

Shazzar is a balanced individual [0]
yeah i played that during the beta (was known as Space Civilizations at the time) and I thought it was pretty sweet. Its basically turn-based, but at set time intervals. (one hour for normal galaxies, 30 mins or less per turn for speed galaxies)

Its true that there are no professional reviews yet, but the game was in development for almost 5 years, and just came out of beta testing, so professional reviews probably will happen before long.
Old 06 Jun 09, 18:04
Private
Belgium

rubbersocks is a balanced individual [0]
Well I can only report from my own personal experience after playing it for a couple of weeks. The game feels like a mix of master of orion and civilization in space. You control dozens of planets and hundreds of ships, which you can group together to fleets. The 3d galaxy is awesome, and I like that you see the entire "playground" when you zoom out with all ships in it, though in later stages that may get a little overwhelming.

They have a "governor" and "admiral" feature, which are essentially scripts that allow to to control how planets grow, and how masses of ships should act together. You create those scripts with a very intuitive point and click system. That feature reduces micromanagement a great deal. The community is small but very friendly and helpful, with an extremely active admin! They have an extensive and professional Wiki section, that describes the game in a lot of detail. Overall I can only recommend to check out this game if you are into turn based space strategy games!
Old 08 Jun 09, 15:15
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II SPQR Campaign 

Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700]
After playing the game for a couple of days,I have to say the game is great. I haven't gotten into any battles yet,but the exploration part of the game is awesome.
Old 10 Jun 09, 09:19
Recruit
England

freejack101 is a balanced individual [0]
erm this is a turn based strategy game... just cause there are so many specific forums lolz
Old 19 Jun 09, 15:31
Recruit
United_States

brets is a balanced individual [0]
very great game

i like the ship customization the best
Old 20 Jun 09, 17:41
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Hey, this is a pretty good game.

I just got started, but so far its a refined MOO 2.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman
Old 22 Jun 09, 23:08
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Its hacked.

It was a good concept though.

But its no fun when the others can cheat.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman
Old 23 Jun 09, 02:02
Recruit
UK

MartinH is a balanced individual [0]
I've just signed up. It looks good so far.
Sponsored Links

Old 27 Jun 09, 05:34
Private
Belgium

rubbersocks is a balanced individual [0]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwaha View Post
Its hacked.

It was a good concept though.

But its no fun when the others can cheat.
From your post I get the impression you suspect there is a whole lot of cheating going on? What do you base this on?
I am playing in ranked galaxies, and I'm 99% certain there is no cheating happening at all, since the game layout is preventing that too a large degree. What would a second account help you (and I guess that's what you are referring to), if they are both located at opposite sides of the galaxy?
Old 06 Jul 09, 17:52
General of the Forums
United_States

I have been talking with the Admin of this game. (Quite nice people btw)

And he assures me that the hack would be quite difficult to do.

So I will withdraw my claim.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!