HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > History Library > Battlefields and Museums > Military / Naval Shows & Weapons Events

Notices and Announcements

Military / Naval Shows & Weapons Events Here you will find discussion of various shows & events - occurring, planned, or scheduled.

Old 20 Apr 09, 18:37
Major General
Armchair_General
5 Year Service Ribbon Distinguished Service Award 

Creeping Death is walking in the light [200] Creeping Death is walking in the light [200] Creeping Death is walking in the light [200] Creeping Death is walking in the light [200] Creeping Death is walking in the light [200] Creeping Death is walking in the light [200] Creeping Death is walking in the light [200] Creeping Death is walking in the light [200] Creeping Death is walking in the light [200] Creeping Death is walking in the light [200] Creeping Death is walking in the light [200] Creeping Death is walking in the light [200] Creeping Death is walking in the light [200]
World War Two Weekend in Reading Pa

Once again this June thousands upon thousands of people will attend a one of a kind gathering in Reading Pa. You may ask, a gathering of what?

This show has everything a Military buff could desire. Not only are there dozens of War birds flying over head, there are hundreds of reenactors along with full camps both Allied and Axis. There was armor present last year, as well as George S Patton and his staff! But for me the real attraction was the veterans themselves. In 2008 I was able to shake the hand of some of America's finest, including fighter ace Clarence "Bud" Anderson, Band of Brothers, Don Malarkey, Earl MCclung and Buck Compton.
It was very hot for the two days I was there but being some of the toughest SOB's the heat wasn't going to push these men, (many of them in there mid to late 80's) inside.

I expect a great time again this June 5th-8th.
I highly recomend that if you are in the area you head on out to Reading Pa. I will be there again representing Armchair General as I mingle with all the great people. For more info or to see the list of airplanes, veterans and other special guests click on the link.
http://www.maam.org/maamwwii.html
Here are some photos of last years event.

Chad
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C-47.jpg (46.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Chad and TD.jpg (36.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg German unit medal presentation.jpg (246.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1781.JPG (161.3 KB, 1 views)

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!