HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > The Middle East > Gaza Conflicts

Notices and Announcements

Gaza Conflicts Discuss the series of conflicts between Israel and Gaza militants.

Old 23 Jan 09, 19:23
First Lieutenant
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 

irontoad is on the path to success [1-99] irontoad is on the path to success [1-99] irontoad is on the path to success [1-99] irontoad is on the path to success [1-99] irontoad is on the path to success [1-99] irontoad is on the path to success [1-99]
My friend, that's my point, you can't often separate them and as two of the most volatile subjects in the world it is often a good idea not to try to discuss them in a group.
Both sides always have valid points and grievances so the argument neve rends , only escalates.

Take care
Old 23 Jan 09, 19:27
First Sergeant
UK

hamasian is on the path to success [1-99]
May be u r right
But, then what is the point in opening such forum ?

Take care mate.
Old 24 Jan 09, 06:56
Brigadier General
UK
5 Year Service Ribbon 

UGLYGUTS is walking in the light [200] UGLYGUTS is walking in the light [200] UGLYGUTS is walking in the light [200] UGLYGUTS is walking in the light [200] UGLYGUTS is walking in the light [200] UGLYGUTS is walking in the light [200] UGLYGUTS is walking in the light [200] UGLYGUTS is walking in the light [200] UGLYGUTS is walking in the light [200] UGLYGUTS is walking in the light [200] UGLYGUTS is walking in the light [200] UGLYGUTS is walking in the light [200] UGLYGUTS is walking in the light [200]
Its an issue of land not religion and might equals right.
Old 24 Jan 09, 08:43
First Sergeant
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGLYGUTS View Post
Its an issue of land not religion and might equals right.
How comes it is an issue of land only if the purpose of implanting this state in this area to be a homeland of (Jews) from all over the world??!! The people of Israel r majorly either immigrants or the offsprings of immigrants who originally belong to other countries and r there only because they r Jews.
Old 24 Jan 09, 20:12
Lieutenant General
United_States

GeneralTsoGood has demonstrated strength of character [100] GeneralTsoGood has demonstrated strength of character [100] GeneralTsoGood has demonstrated strength of character [100] GeneralTsoGood has demonstrated strength of character [100] GeneralTsoGood has demonstrated strength of character [100] GeneralTsoGood has demonstrated strength of character [100] GeneralTsoGood has demonstrated strength of character [100] GeneralTsoGood has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamasian View Post
Well i was not around for the Holocaust, nor present in Gaza over the last month, but i would guess that Israelis did not round up Gazan civilians, steal their possessions and herd them into trains routed for gas chambers.

so no, this Norwegian is not right...
Sponsored Links

Old 24 Jan 09, 21:57
First Sergeant
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralTsoGood View Post
Well i was not around for the Holocaust, nor present in Gaza over the last month, but i would guess that Israelis did not round up Gazan civilians, steal their possessions and herd them into trains routed for gas chambers.

so no, this Norwegian is not right...

I haven't said my opinion

I am just conveying the envoy's opinion.
Old 24 Jan 09, 22:52
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Bwaha has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Bwaha has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Bwaha has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Bwaha has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Bwaha has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Bwaha has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Bwaha has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Bwaha has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Bwaha has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Bwaha has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Bwaha has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Bwaha has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
So what is your opinion on this hamasian?
Old 24 Jan 09, 23:21
General of the Forums
Austria
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign SPQR Campaign 

Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500]
Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500]
I think this Norwegian woman has the right to think whatever she choses to think. If she thinks the Israeli's are acting like Nazi's - that's her right and it's only her opinion.

The fact remains, we saw a picture of a little child in the arms of what I assume is an Israeli soldier. I chose to believe that this soldier was trying to get the child out of harms way - simple as that.

There are many lunatics in the world today -- some believe that the concentration camps didn't exist -- I know they did, I had relatives in them - Dachau and Mauthausen, as political prisoners because they opposed Hitler - so those that say they are imaginary are idiots.

While I strongly support Israel and it's right to exist, I also am fully aware that sentiment against Jews has been prevalent for thousands of years -- it's unlikely that will change any time in the future.

I'm Catholic but I have a few Jewish friends -- and I also have a few Muslim friends - Palestinians to be specific. Both groups are against violence - both want a peaceful solution to the Palestinian problem -- and none of them support the Radicals in either Israel or Muslim lands.

So -- let the stupid woman say what she wants -- those that think as she does will believe her - because they probably thought like her all along -- those that know better won't agree with her -- simple as that. She is a radical extremist that will appeal to a small minority - just as most radical factions appeal to a small minority -- the majority will continue to ignore her and the politicians will have a nice time talking about what she had to say for a while. In the long run - what she says and thinks doesn't mean a thing .

Just my thoughts on the subject.

As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)

Last edited by Kaiser Franz; 24 Jan 09 at 23:25..
Old 24 Jan 09, 23:44
General of the Forums
United_States

Bwaha has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Bwaha has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Bwaha has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Bwaha has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Bwaha has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Bwaha has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Bwaha has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Bwaha has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Bwaha has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Bwaha has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Bwaha has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Bwaha has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Kaiser Franz, I agree with with you totally, I too have buddies that are from both groups. They get along fine. Although my Muslim buddy is from Iran instead of Palestine. That someone would someone prefer constant war than peace mystifies me. I just don't get it.
Old 24 Jan 09, 23:51
General of the Forums
Austria

Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwaha View Post
Kaiser Franz, I agree with with you totally, I too have buddies that are from both groups. They get along fine. Although my Muslim buddy is from Iran instead of Palestine. That someone would someone prefer constant war than peace mystifies me. I just don't get it.
Good -- I'm glad you agree By the way -- I've read several of your posts -- you're a moderate thinker and we need that on the forums

I believe that the root of all this terrorism and violence begins in the Mosques in the middle east. The teachings and rantings of the radical clerics promulgates this violence and continues to fuel the flames of irrational hatred.

My friends - and apparently yours as well, aren't being subjected to that when they go to their synagogue or mosque -- so they approach things from an open perspective - not one based on a hate speech given over the last weekend <sigh>

As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)
Old 25 Jan 09, 00:13
General of the Forums
United_States

Thanks. I'm amazed at the quality of the people on this forum.
Old 25 Jan 09, 00:15
General of the Forums
Austria

Quote:
Thanks. I'm amazed at the quality of the people on this forum.
I'm sorry -- we'll all try to do better

Old 25 Jan 09, 07:37
First Sergeant
UK

Quote:
So what is your opinion on this hamasian?
To be fair I don't think that Israel and the Nazis r similar.
Old 25 Jan 09, 17:36
General of the Forums
Austria

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamasian View Post
To be fair I don't think that Israel and the Nazis r similar.
Good -- For once, we seem to agree

Old 25 Jan 09, 17:47
General of the Forums
United_States

Yeah, hamasian, lets try to reason together. I would like that.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!