StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > Russia, Central Asia, and The Caucasus > South Ossetian Conflict

Notices and Announcements

South Ossetian Conflict Discuss the conflict between Georgia and Russia over South Ossetia.

Old 29 Jan 09, 01:38
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Attacked?
Since 1920, South Ossetia has been within the border of Georgia, and Georgia was a supposedly autonomous part of the "Union".

So, when will South and North Ossetia be unified into an independant nation?

Or rather, how soon will South Ossetia be fully absorbed by Russia?
Old 29 Jan 09, 03:30
Lieutenant General
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 

Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100] Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100] Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100] Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100] Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100] Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100] Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100] Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100] Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100] Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
Attacked?
Yeah.
Old 29 Jan 09, 12:29
ACG Forums - Field Marshal
Sami
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700]
How many times have you and others tried the same argumentation Exorcist? I won´t even bother, re-read some threads instead.

Max Sterner
Old 21 Aug 09, 16:18
Recruit
UK

subseamark is on the path to success [1-99]
late but hey

It is strange to read views on the conflict. I had the misfortune to be there. My experience is too be brutally honest one in which the attrocities were carried out by the Georgian side. I am sure there were many from all sides and I did witness some from the militia within Ossetia but none by the Russian military themselves. I am NOT saying they did not commit any but I did not see any.
The one overiding impression was one of the west being played very well by the Georgian government.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!