StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > The Middle East > Gaza Conflicts

Notices and Announcements

Gaza Conflicts Discuss the series of conflicts between Israel and Gaza militants.

Old 31 Jan 09, 15:08
Banned
United_States

JonathanPollard has a little shameless behaviour in the past [-1 to -99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberknight View Post
Be serious. Hamas and the Islamic world want to kill all of the Jews and eliminate Israel.
Did the Islamic world want to "kill all of the Jews" prior to the establishment of the state of Israel? Indeed, I'd say that prior to 1948 a Jew would have far greater chance of being killed in a pogrom or holocaust if he were living in a "Christian" country than in an Islamic one.

And if the Islamic world really wants to "kill all of the Jews," it's not doing a particularly good job in Iran, because there are thousands of Jews there living in relative harmony with the Muslims.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/0427/p01s03-wome.html
Old 31 Jan 09, 15:44
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Ahem, Mr Pollard, are you that guy who thinks Yoko Ono had John Lennon whacked? The guy with the van with all that interesting writing on it? Just wondering...

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman
Old 31 Jan 09, 15:56
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

BKnight3 is on the path to success [1-99] BKnight3 is on the path to success [1-99] BKnight3 is on the path to success [1-99] BKnight3 is on the path to success [1-99] BKnight3 is on the path to success [1-99] BKnight3 is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanPollard View Post
Did the Islamic world want to "kill all of the Jews" prior to the establishment of the state of Israel? Indeed, I'd say that prior to 1948 a Jew would have far greater chance of being killed in a pogrom or holocaust if he were living in a "Christian" country than in an Islamic one.

And if the Islamic world really wants to "kill all of the Jews," it's not doing a particularly good job in Iran, because there are thousands of Jews there living in relative harmony with the Muslims.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/0427/p01s03-wome.html
Read up on Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, palestinian leader, friend of Eichmann, approver of the "Final Solution," and escaped war criminal. Yeah I'm sure, actually approving of the holocaust (which was before Israel was "established" in modern times) would qualify correct?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amin_al-Husayni

Last edited by BKnight3; 31 Jan 09 at 16:09.. Reason: Sorry tired, didnt see the link
Old 31 Jan 09, 17:01
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
I'm surprised that you guys click on some of these guys links. There could be malware in the link. See: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,485925,00.html

I wouldn't touch peoples links that I don't trust. Nope not even for one moment.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman
Old 01 Feb 09, 03:23
Banned
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKnight3 View Post
Read up on Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, palestinian leader, friend of Eichmann, approver of the "Final Solution," and escaped war criminal. Yeah I'm sure, actually approving of the holocaust (which was before Israel was "established" in modern times) would qualify correct?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amin_al-Husayni
And how many Muslims outside of Palestine actually heeded his words prior to 1948? Do you think that Cyberknight's statement that the Islamic world wants to kill all of the Jews also applies to the Islamic world's attitude toward Jews pre-1948?
Old 01 Feb 09, 03:26
Banned
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwaha View Post
Ahem, Mr Pollard, are you that guy who thinks Yoko Ono had John Lennon whacked? The guy with the van with all that interesting writing on it? Just wondering...
I'm not the real Jonathan Pollard. I chose the name to serve as a reminder that the US can be harmed by both foreign and domestic enemies.
Old 01 Feb 09, 06:40
Second Lieutenant
France

olivenstein is on the path to success [1-99] olivenstein is on the path to success [1-99] olivenstein is on the path to success [1-99] olivenstein is on the path to success [1-99] olivenstein is on the path to success [1-99] olivenstein is on the path to success [1-99]
Welcome back, Golani. I heard you everything went well; it's good that you came back safely.

But I have to say that I disagree with your not recommending Ha'aretz. Okay, it's an intellectual liberal left newspaper of the Ashkenaz middle-classes.

No insult to the Sepharadim; however, if you didn't have Ha'aretz or classical music concerts, theatre, in Israel--then it would only soccer hooliganism, non-stop mezrahi radio music, and greasy South Tel Aviv Morroccai fast food and that loudmouth Sepharade Shas rabbe who's actually just like the Arabs. Sometimes mezrahi culture like Arab culture is good, but too much mezrahi is oy! Enough!

You need good culture, too. Just like couscous, meshoui, and schwarma!

Have a good week, man, et bon appetit!

Laurent.

P.S.: "Jonathan" "Pollard" is a crypto-fascist, you're wasting your time arguing with this hick as he's got an "idee fixe".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golani View Post
I wouldn't recommend using Ha'aretz (or like I saw you do in a different thread-using Netory Karta Anti-Zionist Jews) to signify the 'Israeli opinion', they can sometimes get worse than the 'Palestine' newspaper.

Regardin 'transfer':
1. It's just a word, like any other, some use it in the right context and some abuse it.

2.Agin, I posted the way this word should be used in a right context TODAY, 60 years ago is a whole different ball game.

Nonetheless I see no hinting in what you quoted that Ben Gurion allegedly said towards massacring, he simply wanted to use the chaos raging in the country to clear the part of newly formed Israel of arabs thus maybe solving future problem before they start.
Old 01 Feb 09, 09:34
General of the Forums
United_States

Here we go again: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7863500.stm

Maybe we should lend/lease some of the retired B-52gs to them...

As far as Mr Pollard goes, I just wish he would tone it down a bit. It is impossible for me to believe someone who rants so. I listen to George Noory's Coast to Coast for laughs. The conspiracy loons are hilarious.

Old 02 Feb 09, 12:25
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
I'm not the real Jonathan Pollard. I chose the name to serve as a reminder that the US can be harmed by both foreign and domestic enemies.
It is worth knowing that the real Jonathan Pollard is in a Federal Prison for life with very few calls outside of Israel for his release. The numbers of pro terrorist Marxist, Anarchist and Islamist groups calling for the release and/or support of the Gitmo detainees and other terrorists is overwhelming.
during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
Old 02 Feb 09, 17:12
First Lieutenant
Israel
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

CrazyArcher is on the path to success [1-99] CrazyArcher is on the path to success [1-99] CrazyArcher is on the path to success [1-99] CrazyArcher is on the path to success [1-99] CrazyArcher is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwaha View Post
Here we go again: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7863500.stm

Maybe we should lend/lease some of the retired B-52gs to them...
We have a few hundred M109's, it would be a cheaper way if the need arises

Old 04 Feb 09, 22:10
Banned
United_States

AMONG THOSE suspected of war crimes, the rabbis have a place of honor.

Those who incite to war crimes and call upon soldiers, directly or indirectly, to commit war crimes may be guilty of a war crime themselves.

The most outstanding example is the “Chief Army Rabbi”, Colonel Avichai Ronsky, who has declared that his job is to reinforce the “fighting spirit” of the soldiers. He is a man of the extreme right, not far from the spirit of the late Rabbi Meir Kahane, whose party was outlawed in Israel for its fascist ideology. Under the auspices of the army rabbinate, religious-fascist brochures of the ultra-right “rabbis” were distributed to the soldiers.

The rabbis openly called upon the soldiers to be cruel and merciless towards the Arabs. To treat them mercifully, they stated, is a “terrible, awful immorality”. When such material is distributed to religious soldiers going into war, it is easy to see why things happened the way they did.

http://zope.gush-shalom.org/home/en/...ry/1233508695/
Old 04 Feb 09, 23:55
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

BKnight3 is on the path to success [1-99] BKnight3 is on the path to success [1-99] BKnight3 is on the path to success [1-99] BKnight3 is on the path to success [1-99] BKnight3 is on the path to success [1-99] BKnight3 is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
And how many Muslims outside of Palestine actually heeded his words prior to 1948? Do you think that Cyberknight's statement that the Islamic world wants to kill all of the Jews also applies to the Islamic world's attitude toward Jews pre-1948?
He at the very least helped spread the hate, convinced a brigade of muslims to die for Hitler. According to some sources he recruited at least 20000 Bosnian Muslims to die for Hitler with the recruiting slogan being "help fight the jews." And yes this was when Hitler was alive and well.
Old 05 Feb 09, 01:35
General of the Forums
Israel
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivenstein View Post
Welcome back, Golani. I heard you everything went well; it's good that you came back safely.

But I have to say that I disagree with your not recommending Ha'aretz. Okay, it's an intellectual liberal left newspaper of the Ashkenaz middle-classes.

No insult to the Sepharadim; however, if you didn't have Ha'aretz or classical music concerts, theatre, in Israel--then it would only soccer hooliganism, non-stop mezrahi radio music, and greasy South Tel Aviv Morroccai fast food and that loudmouth Sepharade Shas rabbe who's actually just like the Arabs. Sometimes mezrahi culture like Arab culture is good, but too much mezrahi is oy! Enough!

You need good culture, too. Just like couscous, meshoui, and schwarma!

Have a good week, man, et bon appetit!

Laurent.

P.S.: "Jonathan" "Pollard" is a crypto-fascist, you're wasting your time arguing with this hick as he's got an "idee fixe".
That's okay, I'm Ashkenazi my self...
Your'e absoultly right, but that goes for all civilizations everywhere, you need 2 extremes to find a good middle path.

I just wanted to make it clear that Ha'aretz writers, editors etc. usually don't represent the majorty of people here in Israel (opinion wise) and lean very much in favor of our enemies in their reports.

I argue with people like JP and hamassian not because I wan't to change their opinion, I know it's fixed, I just don't want someone with less information and a wobbling opinion to read their posts, believe its the truth and take the wrong side in the conflict.

Now you made me hungry, I'm gonna grap a lafa Schwarma
Old 05 Feb 09, 01:40
General of the Forums
Israel
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
The most outstanding example is the “Chief Army Rabbi”, Colonel Avichai Ronsky, who has declared that his job is to reinforce the “fighting spirit” of the soldiers. He is a man of the extreme right, not far from the spirit of the late Rabbi Meir Kahane, whose party was outlawed in Israel for its fascist ideology. Under the auspices of the army rabbinate, religious-fascist brochures of the ultra-right “rabbis” were distributed to the soldiers.
1. That's true, that is his main job.

2. Complete and utter bullshit.
I don't know rabbi Rontzky's opinion but I can say that no suce called were made and no brochures were handed out.
No matzos were baked using Muslim children's blood either.
Old 05 Feb 09, 04:44
Second Lieutenant
France

olivenstein is on the path to success [1-99] olivenstein is on the path to success [1-99] olivenstein is on the path to success [1-99] olivenstein is on the path to success [1-99] olivenstein is on the path to success [1-99] olivenstein is on the path to success [1-99]
No prob Golani. Actually, I'm French and Catholic; but I lived nine months with an Israeli girl in Brussels. We had some big arguments! Anyway, it's past midnight so laila-laila everyone. Oh, here's one from one of the only cd's that I liked from her music collection besides Benzine (she hated my French music): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUluAV061No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golani View Post
That's okay, I'm Ashkenazi my self...
Your'e absoultly right, but that goes for all civilizations everywhere, you need 2 extremes to find a good middle path.

I just wanted to make it clear that Ha'aretz writers, editors etc. usually don't represent the majorty of people here in Israel (opinion wise) and lean very much in favor of our enemies in their reports.

I argue with people like JP and hamassian not because I wan't to change their opinion, I know it's fixed, I just don't want someone with less information and a wobbling opinion to read their posts, believe its the truth and take the wrong side in the conflict.

Now you made me hungry, I'm gonna grap a lafa Schwarma
Quote:
AMONG THOSE suspected of war crimes, the rabbis have a place of honor.

Those who incite to war crimes and call upon soldiers, directly or indirectly, to commit war crimes may be guilty of a war crime themselves.

The rabbis openly called upon the soldiers to be cruel and merciless towards the Arabs. To treat them mercifully, they stated, is a “terrible, awful immorality”. When such material is distributed to religious soldiers going into war, it is easy to see why things happened the way they did.

http://zope.gush-shalom.org/home/en/...ry/1233508695/
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyArcher View Post
We have a few hundred M109's, it would be a cheaper way if the need arises
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberknight View Post
It is worth knowing that the real Jonathan Pollard is in a Federal Prison for life with very few calls outside of Israel for his release. The numbers of pro terrorist Marxist, Anarchist and Islamist groups calling for the release and/or support of the Gitmo detainees and other terrorists is overwhelming.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!