HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > First Person Shooters

Notices and Announcements

First Person Shooters For FPS games of all types and for all platforms.

Old 15 Jan 09, 18:25
Brigadier General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

ChrisF1987 has demonstrated strength of character [100] ChrisF1987 has demonstrated strength of character [100] ChrisF1987 has demonstrated strength of character [100] ChrisF1987 has demonstrated strength of character [100] ChrisF1987 has demonstrated strength of character [100] ChrisF1987 has demonstrated strength of character [100] ChrisF1987 has demonstrated strength of character [100] ChrisF1987 has demonstrated strength of character [100] ChrisF1987 has demonstrated strength of character [100] ChrisF1987 has demonstrated strength of character [100]
COD: WaW issues/problems

Has anyone else had any of the below problems or it is just my PC?

- PC has rebooted twice so far when I click "leave server" and then I lose all my stats, unlocks, promotions, etc.

- "server disconnected" message appears on a very frequent basis when I enter a server and it takes me to the start up screen where I chose my class, side, etc

_ "unable to connect to server" message appears on about 6 out of every 10 servers I try to enter, sometimes multiple attempts will eventually work.

I have never in my life had as many problems with a game as I am having with COD: WaW
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 17 Jan 09, 03:00
Colonel
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200]
I have little problems with the X-Box versions, my only problems is balancing issues which isnt a big deal since all have there weaknesses. (MP-40)
Old 19 Jan 09, 02:51
Colonel
Scotland
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign SPQR Campaign 

Conlin has demonstrated strength of character [100] Conlin has demonstrated strength of character [100] Conlin has demonstrated strength of character [100] Conlin has demonstrated strength of character [100] Conlin has demonstrated strength of character [100] Conlin has demonstrated strength of character [100] Conlin has demonstrated strength of character [100] Conlin has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Wow. Have you ever thought of trying out consoles?

I have the PS3 version, and the only problem I'm worried about is glitchers, and I haven't met any ONCE in my CODWW online experience.

The MP-40, I have to admit, is a bit ridicuolus (In one TD, everyone except me and two 1st prestige players weren't using the MP-40).

-Alexander
Old 28 Jan 09, 16:38
Captain
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 

Tankboy is on the path to success [1-99] Tankboy is on the path to success [1-99] Tankboy is on the path to success [1-99] Tankboy is on the path to success [1-99] Tankboy is on the path to success [1-99] Tankboy is on the path to success [1-99] Tankboy is on the path to success [1-99]
Only problem I've got is that the game is laggy (even in single player) so I have to run it in the lowest setting. Seems unfair, I don't think my computer should be having so much trouble. Other than that its run fine online
Enlist my bonnie laddie and come awa with me.
Old 29 Jan 09, 00:55
Colonel
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200]
I forgot the 1 map that is full of glitches and bugs and is probably my least favourite map. - Roundhouse. People keep glitching to get under the map and being so small yet its a tank map.

As for your computer i guess u may have to upgrade it or just buy a new 1.(I am now slowing down on the games for comp and switching to X-box due to my comp is starting to get dated and its getting bad for online gameplay)
Old 29 Jan 09, 01:33
Captain
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 

Tankboy is on the path to success [1-99] Tankboy is on the path to success [1-99] Tankboy is on the path to success [1-99] Tankboy is on the path to success [1-99] Tankboy is on the path to success [1-99] Tankboy is on the path to success [1-99] Tankboy is on the path to success [1-99]
Yeah actually I spent a while cruising Radeon forums and found out that Radeon "shits its pants" when Anti-Aliasing is on. Turned that off, much better.
Old 11 Feb 09, 23:55
Captain
United_States

Heh, with that new patch my sound disappeared. Game's as good as dead to me now.
Old 12 Feb 09, 13:54
Sergeant Major
Canada
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Jack Dionne is on the path to success [1-99] Jack Dionne is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankboy View Post
Heh, with that new patch my sound disappeared. Game's as good as dead to me now.
Mine was too but it's easily fixed.

Basically the sound from version 1.1 was DVD quality, sound for 1.2 they changed to cd quality.

They explain how to change it on thier site if you don't know how.
Old 13 Feb 09, 18:18
Captain
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Dionne View Post
Mine was too but it's easily fixed.

Basically the sound from version 1.1 was DVD quality, sound for 1.2 they changed to cd quality.

They explain how to change it on thier site if you don't know how.
That's great-took me a bit but i found it. Thanks a lot!

Last edited by Tankboy; 13 Feb 09 at 18:41..

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!