HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > The Middle East > Gaza Conflicts

Notices and Announcements

Gaza Conflicts Discuss the series of conflicts between Israel and Gaza militants.

Old 11 Jan 09, 11:06
General
UK
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

allsirgarnet is a glorious beacon of light [700]
allsirgarnet is a glorious beacon of light [700] allsirgarnet is a glorious beacon of light [700] allsirgarnet is a glorious beacon of light [700] allsirgarnet is a glorious beacon of light [700] allsirgarnet is a glorious beacon of light [700] allsirgarnet is a glorious beacon of light [700] allsirgarnet is a glorious beacon of light [700] allsirgarnet is a glorious beacon of light [700] allsirgarnet is a glorious beacon of light [700] allsirgarnet is a glorious beacon of light [700] allsirgarnet is a glorious beacon of light [700] allsirgarnet is a glorious beacon of light [700] allsirgarnet is a glorious beacon of light [700] allsirgarnet is a glorious beacon of light [700]
In their own words... Human Shields

A simple counter to the (apparent) one sided propoganda war that seems to have started.

Please note that this pretty much confirms every truth and predjudice about Hamas, both its methods and its aims.

Anyone care to try and refute this?

Gaz
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 11 Jan 09, 14:20
Captain
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

BKnight3 is on the path to success [1-99] BKnight3 is on the path to success [1-99] BKnight3 is on the path to success [1-99] BKnight3 is on the path to success [1-99] BKnight3 is on the path to success [1-99]
Wow

Just wow. Will the madness please stop?
Old 11 Jan 09, 16:57
First Lieutenant
Israel
5 Year Service Ribbon 

CrazyArcher is on the path to success [1-99] CrazyArcher is on the path to success [1-99] CrazyArcher is on the path to success [1-99] CrazyArcher is on the path to success [1-99] CrazyArcher is on the path to success [1-99]
I saw a picture explaining the situation:
Old 13 Jan 09, 17:00
First Sergeant
UK

hamasian is on the path to success [1-99]
The man didn't say that Hamas is using human shields.
Literally, he said that the women, children and the elderly are voluntarily acting as human shields to defend their country.
Old 13 Jan 09, 17:06
First Sergeant
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyArcher View Post
I saw a picture explaining the situation:
I doubt any Israeli soldier would be that brave to fight a Palestinian face to face. It has never actually happened. u can't bring me such a picture from real life. Meanwhile, I can bring you a real life picture of a Palestinian child fighting face to face an Israeli tank.

By the way, I can bring you as well the coverage of an Israeli tank which has smashed a 5 months old baby.

Today in the news a dad was telling the horrifying story of an Israeli soldier shooting face to face with cold blood from few meters distance on purpose 2 of his daughters, one received 17 bullets, the other 12.
And there was no Hamas militant hiding behind them...
Old 13 Jan 09, 17:13
General of the Forums
Austria
5 Year Service Ribbon SPQR Campaign Greatest Westerns Campaign 

Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500]
Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamasian View Post
The man didn't say that Hamas is using human shields.
Literally, he said that the women, children and the elderly are voluntarily acting as human shields to defend their country.
Voluntary "Human Shields" are legitimate targets aren't they ??????? They are aiding the terrorists of their won free will - they therefore are enemy combatants just as if the were shooting a rifle at the Israeli forces.

I can tell you this -- just speaking for myself -- If I thought someone was being forced to become a human shield, I would do all I could to avoid shooting them - but if I knew them to be a human shield voluntarily - I'd mow them down as fast as i could to get to the terrorist -- just a personal choice for me

As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)
Old 13 Jan 09, 17:14
General of the Forums
Austria

Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
I doubt any Israeli soldier would be that brave to fight a Palestinian face to face. It has never actually happened. u can't bring me such a picture from real life. Meanwhile, I can bring you a real life picture of a Palestinian child fighting face to face an Israeli tank.

By the way, I can bring you as well the coverage of an Israeli tank which has smashed a 5 months old baby.

Today in the news a dad was telling the horrifying story of an Israeli soldier shooting face to face with cold blood from few meters distance on purpose 2 of his daughters, one received 17 bullets, the other 12.
And there was no Hamas militant hiding behind them...
Try not to be ridiculous !

As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)
Old 13 Jan 09, 17:21
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Summer Campaign Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Meanwhile, I can bring you a real life picture of a Palestinian child fighting face to face an Israeli tank.

Where were the parents of the two children you describe? What kind of culture would send out a boy to fight a tank?

Ever see the aftermath of rocket attacks which started the present conflict?

I would be more impressed with adult male "Freedom fighters" being seen fighting the Israelis. Why aren't they in the front line?

Pruitt

Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?
Old 13 Jan 09, 19:33
General of the Forums
Austria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruitt View Post
Where were the parents of the two children you describe? What kind of culture would send out a boy to fight a tank?

I would be more impressed with adult male "Freedom fighters" being seen fighting the Israelis. Why aren't they in the front line?

Pruitt
That's asking a little much Pruitt -- there is an element of danger involved in an Adult Male "Freedom Fighter" confronting the Israeli's -- you don't actually expect these terrorist Hamas cowards to do that do you ??

They prefer to hide behind the skirts of the women and loiter near children while firing rockets indiscriminately from populated areas so that any retaliation will kill civilians rather than these "brave' champions of freedom. <sigh>

They are truly disgusting vermin that need to be eradicated.

Old 13 Jan 09, 19:46
Lieutenant General
United_States
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon ACG Ten Year Service Award 

Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300] Double Deuce is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
I think they're under that hospital in Gaza City, peeing their pants, praying to Allah that world opinion will convince the Israelis not make the final push to get at them. But thats just my opnion.
Sponsored Links

Old 13 Jan 09, 19:50
General of the Forums
Austria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Deuce View Post
I think they're under that hospital in Gaza City, peeing their pants, praying to Allah that world opinion will convince the Israelis not make the final push to get at them. But thats just my opnion.
An opinion that is shared by me

Old 14 Jan 09, 19:12
First Sergeant
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Franz View Post
Voluntary "Human Shields" are legitimate targets aren't they ??????? They are aiding the terrorists of their won free will - they therefore are enemy combatants just as if the were shooting a rifle at the Israeli forces.

I can tell you this -- just speaking for myself -- If I thought someone was being forced to become a human shield, I would do all I could to avoid shooting them - but if I knew them to be a human shield voluntarily - I'd mow them down as fast as i could to get to the terrorist -- just a personal choice for me
U R right

Voluntary human shields r fighters and they've chosen to be targeted as fighters.

God bless them

Brave people

Ethically, u r right to fire at them if u r in a defensive position.

Rediculously, the most aggressive criminal army in the world calls itself a (defence) army, and considers its invasion to others' land, shelling schools and ambulances, bombarding houses and universities a (defensive) action.

And finally, the world has to ask itself why a (child) or a (woman) chooses to be a human shield ????

Definitely, it is a culture different from another which enables an ex-terrorist and gang member lady to be a secretary of foreign affairs and a candidate to be a prime minister.
Old 14 Jan 09, 19:26
General of the Forums
Austria

Quote:
U R right

Voluntary human shields r fighters and they've chosen to be targeted as fighters.

God bless them

Brave people

Ethically, u r right to fire at them if u r in a defensive position.

Rediculously, the most aggressive criminal army in the world calls itself a (defence) army, and considers its invasion to others' land, shelling schools and ambulances, bombarding houses and universities a (defensive) action.

And finally, the world has to ask itself why a (child) or a (woman) chooses to be a human shield ????

Definitely, it is a culture different from another which enables an ex-terrorist and gang member lady to be a secretary of foreign affairs and a candidate to be a prime minister.
Here is the thing hamasian -- You are calling the IDF a criminal army because they are trying very hard to root out the Hamas Terrorist who have been shooting rockets and missiles across the border from their little former sanctuary.

How can you classify the actions of the Israeli Army as criminal ?? They are defending their homeland - their country and all its citizens. They have every right -- and in fact, an OBLIGATION to go where Hamas is hiding - root them out and either capture or kill every one of them. They are terrorists - plain and simple.

Yes - what Israel is doing is very clearly a defensive action. They didn't start this mess - they are only trying to finish it - once and for all.

Old 14 Jan 09, 19:38
First Sergeant
UK

Quote:

Pruitt
The parents must have been looking for a shelter for the family, seeking food in the streets of Gaza, or helping a wounded family member.

Actually in this incidence, the mother was killed as well.

I've seen the aftermath of the rockets:
- A woman scared about her puppy which is in panic
- A woman on her mobile phone carried by a rescuer and I can't see a spot of blood on her.
- A man checking a broken window.

in contrast to pictures from Gaza of:
- Torn human parts everywhere
- Bodies burnt by forbidden weapons
- A man carrying the bodies of his 3 dead children
- A woman mourning her baby (born after 21 years of infertility) who was killed in her arms.
- The yard of a UN run school full of dead bodies
- An Israeli tank smashing a 5 months old baby.

About the male adult freedom fighters, they are 2/3 of the victims as revealed by statistics and the news of their fierce fighting with the war criminals is all over the press if u can read.

It is very rediculous again to say that the rockets started the conflict as if it all started in 2004.

Last edited by hamasian; 14 Jan 09 at 19:41..
Old 14 Jan 09, 19:46
First Sergeant
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Franz View Post
An opinion that is shared by me

Israel officially said that she can't get rid of Hamas. She is just (terrorizing) them by the official words.

1 billion dollars and thousands of casualties to (terrorize) Hamas.

As the operations continue,the Israeli leaders keep on lowering the ceiling of their expectations from getting rid of Hamas to disarmament of Hamas to stopping the rockets and now just terrorizing.

Last edited by hamasian; 14 Jan 09 at 19:50..

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!