HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > The Middle East > Gaza Conflicts

Notices and Announcements

Gaza Conflicts Discuss the series of conflicts between Israel and Gaza militants.

Old 30 Jan 09, 13:30
Lieutenant General
United_States

GeneralTsoGood has demonstrated strength of character [100] GeneralTsoGood has demonstrated strength of character [100] GeneralTsoGood has demonstrated strength of character [100] GeneralTsoGood has demonstrated strength of character [100] GeneralTsoGood has demonstrated strength of character [100] GeneralTsoGood has demonstrated strength of character [100] GeneralTsoGood has demonstrated strength of character [100] GeneralTsoGood has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanPollard View Post
It's quite possible that its demolition was originally intended to take place at the same time as the collapse of the Twin Towers but the demolition was bungled. At least two witnesses that were inside WTC7 reported an explosion at that time, you can hear them at the 0:45:30 point in Part 2 of the following video:

http://www.calgary911truth.org/my_we...change-fi.html

And the demolition of WTC7 would be especially important if offices of the Department of Defense and CIA (the CIA's largest station outside Washington DC was located there) contained incriminating evidence about US government complicity in the 9/11 operation.
the hijacking and flying of 3 planes directly into their targets went seemlessly (dicounting the PA flight), but a controlled demolition was botched...

seems unlikely. not to mention there apparantly was next to no wireless communications in or around ground zero after the towers collapsed so i am not sure how the detonation would have been triggered... then again, i am nowhere even near an explosives expert...

i will admit, i love me some nice 9-11 conspiracies, i just dont put too much stock into them...
Old 30 Jan 09, 20:38
Banned
United_States

JonathanPollard has a little shameless behaviour in the past [-1 to -99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwaha View Post
I cannot suspend disbelief.
If I provided irrefutable proof that all of the Joint Chiefs of Staff plotted to stage a 9/11-style operation in order to generate support for a US invasion of Cuba, would you believe it? Or would it be psychologically too much for you to handle?
Old 15 Nov 12, 15:43
General
Canada

marktwain is walking in the light [200] marktwain is walking in the light [200] marktwain is walking in the light [200] marktwain is walking in the light [200] marktwain is walking in the light [200] marktwain is walking in the light [200] marktwain is walking in the light [200] marktwain is walking in the light [200] marktwain is walking in the light [200] marktwain is walking in the light [200] marktwain is walking in the light [200] marktwain is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by allsirgarnet View Post
What Britain was trying to do, through our talks with the Arabs during and after WW1, and through (and after) the Balfour declarations, was to create a place where Jews and Arabs could live peacefully together, each with the rights ensgrined in statehood. When both sides made it crystal clear they wouldn't accept this together, partition was the only other option. This is where the UN plans became involved.

The 'potential' arms supplies mentioned were for the 'Arabs'. The Jewish forces had already been armed by the British when we worked together in defeating the Arab revolt in the middle/late 1930's. The Jewish forces then themselves revolted when we Brits made it clear that the 'Palestinian's' had rights in the land too.

The 'guilt-ridden Allies' theme doesn't apply, simply because the British concept of a Jewish 'Homeland' stemmed from the Balfour declaration following the first world war. There were no guilty allies then, just the majot powers trying to sortout the mess left with the destruction of the Turkish empire.

With all due respect MM, we Brits are the only ones who have consistantly striven for a fair and balanced solution, and not as many have suggested here... virtual genocide. Regardless of prevarication, the CIA report, plus the many others you can read in the CIA archives, clearly show that the US government, along with us Brits, knew a dominant and agressive Israeli, created by the use of force and inspite of UN plans, would cause decades of trouble.

If you still doubt my view, read up on Ben Gurions published statements, both during the era of the UN partition plan and then after the formation of Israel. He clearly states that Israels initial acceptance of the plan was a first step, after which Israel would reoccupy the whole of Palestine by force of arms, as and when the opportunity occured. This latter declaration was the specific reason the Arabs refused to agree with Partition, in that the Israeli government couldn't be trust.

All the history and facts on this are there... you just have to have the inclination to look for them.

Regards

Gaz
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
the Peel Report of 1937 was a point in History when Justice was blindsided.
Unfortunately, the Bedouin, who sided with Israel & or remained neutral, are learning the hard way that trust & honor were lost along the way
Old 19 Nov 12, 11:46
General
Canada

marktwain is walking in the light [200] marktwain is walking in the light [200] marktwain is walking in the light [200] marktwain is walking in the light [200] marktwain is walking in the light [200] marktwain is walking in the light [200] marktwain is walking in the light [200] marktwain is walking in the light [200] marktwain is walking in the light [200] marktwain is walking in the light [200] marktwain is walking in the light [200] marktwain is walking in the light [200]
The Peel report 1937

Here is th e brief on Lord Peel's efforts
http://www.passia.org/publications/bookmaps/page1.htm

& I reccomend the full report be read

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/...ory/peel1.html

Earl Peel also advocated the Transfer of the WATERSHED of Mount hermon to a separate agency.

An extremely prescient commission

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!