StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > MMO Games

Notices and Announcements

MMO Games Players can discuss their online experiences with Massively Multiplayer Online games here!

Old 13 Sep 09, 16:34
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
I can't get my screen shots to post. Anyone willing to walk me through it I would appreciate it.

(Better to die on your feet than live on your knees)

Last edited by Martok; 13 Sep 09 at 17:00..
Old 13 Sep 09, 17:42
Banned
United_States

AThousandYoung is on the path to success [1-99] AThousandYoung is on the path to success [1-99] AThousandYoung is on the path to success [1-99] AThousandYoung is on the path to success [1-99] AThousandYoung is on the path to success [1-99] AThousandYoung is on the path to success [1-99] AThousandYoung is on the path to success [1-99]
It's an...ok game. It's not worth paying for each month. There's not enough to make the universe interesting...just pirates, other players and asteroids pretty much...
Old 18 Sep 09, 03:17
Recruit
United_States

weblegend is a balanced individual [0]
it is really old game now...you need to spend so much time to it.
Old 29 Oct 09, 21:48
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Greatest Blunders Campaign 

Naffenea is simply cracking [600]
Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600]
Im still playing it every night or about 4 hours each time. On saturdays and sundays I play it all day and in to the night. There is so much you can do. i havent had this much fun since EQ
Old 30 Oct 09, 08:59
Banned
United_States

AThousandYoung is on the path to success [1-99] AThousandYoung is on the path to success [1-99] AThousandYoung is on the path to success [1-99] AThousandYoung is on the path to success [1-99] AThousandYoung is on the path to success [1-99] AThousandYoung is on the path to success [1-99] AThousandYoung is on the path to success [1-99]
Here's a review. I love this reviewer. He's hilarious.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...208-Eve-Online
Sponsored Links

Old 31 Oct 09, 03:55
Colonel
Estonia
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

String has demonstrated strength of character [100] String has demonstrated strength of character [100] String has demonstrated strength of character [100] String has demonstrated strength of character [100] String has demonstrated strength of character [100] String has demonstrated strength of character [100] String has demonstrated strength of character [100] String has demonstrated strength of character [100] String has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AThousandYoung View Post
Here's a review. I love this reviewer. He's hilarious.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...208-Eve-Online
I think it's been posted here before
Old 01 Nov 09, 22:52
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Greatest Blunders Campaign 

Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600]
I love reviews written by people that don't actually play the games. Takes me back 10 years when there were leveling guides in everquest to get you to powerlevel up to level 10 in one week! Or reviewers never left the noobie zones and then commented on teh entire world as if they had actually played it.
Old 02 Nov 09, 03:16
Banned
United_States

Everquest was a FAR better game than Eve. I played Eve for two weeks myself, and just found it too boring. I love to explore and Eve has nothing interesting to explore as far as I can tell.
Old 04 Nov 09, 22:27
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:
Everquest was a FAR better game than Eve. I played Eve for two weeks myself, and just found it too boring. I love to explore and Eve has nothing interesting to explore as far as I can tell.
No doubt EQ was the epitome of MMO, at least for me. As for eve, the game didn't open up for me until I started pirating and ninja salvaging.
Old 05 Nov 09, 14:46
Colonel
Estonia
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 

String has demonstrated strength of character [100] String has demonstrated strength of character [100] String has demonstrated strength of character [100] String has demonstrated strength of character [100] String has demonstrated strength of character [100] String has demonstrated strength of character [100] String has demonstrated strength of character [100] String has demonstrated strength of character [100] String has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Have you tried EvE after Apocrypha expansion with the new wormholes?
Old 06 Nov 09, 01:59
Banned
United_States

No.
Old 07 Nov 09, 05:12
Colonel
Estonia

Quote:
No.
Well, the Apocrypha expansion included the so called "wormhole space" which can only be accessed through randomly spawning and closing wormholes that are scattered all over the galaxy. Those wormholes can only be found via the new and improved (imho) scanning system. The wormhole systems sometimes link together via other wormholes, the wormholes themselves collapse and open randomly to different systems. It is, in fact, possible to become "lost in space".

When a wormhole collapses there is always another wormhole spawned that leads out of the system, but it might lead into deeper unknown space or even back into the normal space.. but into areas governed by hostile capsuleers. And ofcourse, if you run out of probes for some reason, then you are screwed, because you either have to wait for another player to happen into the system (can be quite rare), or just self-destruct your ship and pod to be re-animated with your clone in normal space. The wormhole systems themselves (of which there are over 2000) contain some rather interesting and quite dangerous exploration sites. The wormholes offer great rewards, especially for smaller exploration groups, rathern than individuals, but also at great risk.

Expeditions there can be quite adventurous.

Here is an in-character report I wrote about a short expedition into a wormhole.

Last edited by String; 07 Nov 09 at 05:18..
Old 22 Dec 09, 22:29
Recruit
United_States

Galeric is a balanced individual [0]
Great game, problem is.. there are to many goons in eve, which ruins the game for me.
Old 09 Feb 10, 17:53
Corporal
Germany

Eilig is on the path to success [1-99] Eilig is on the path to success [1-99]
I tried this game on three different occasions but stopped playing every time for the same reason - it is simply extremely time consuming. You could spend hours waiting with a gang for sh*t to go down and when finally there was some combat you will be dead before you know it. Then you need to warp here and there (which also takes hours) to get a new ship.

The millions of skill points you accumulate during a few months wont help you when you are up against an enemy with a zillion points, trillions of isk money which he bought on ebay and target acquisition range far above what you can muster. Basically you need to spend a year to build up a good profile before you can display some sort of fighting ability or you buy a profile off-market.

There is no way you can combine this game with a girlfriend, social life, work and maybe some sports.
Old 11 Feb 10, 23:17
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eilig View Post
I tried this game on three different occasions but stopped playing every time for the same reason - it is simply extremely time consuming. You could spend hours waiting with a gang for sh*t to go down and when finally there was some combat you will be dead before you know it. Then you need to warp here and there (which also takes hours) to get a new ship.

The millions of skill points you accumulate during a few months wont help you when you are up against an enemy with a zillion points, trillions of isk money which he bought on ebay and target acquisition range far above what you can muster. Basically you need to spend a year to build up a good profile before you can display some sort of fighting ability or you buy a profile off-market.

There is no way you can combine this game with a girlfriend, social life, work and maybe some sports.
I will disagree. You just don't fly what you can't afford to lose. And for pvp, you stick with T1 frigs and modules. Get about 10-20 of them, fit them out and them position them near some .4 space like Tama. Or stay in high sec and flip cans. You can scare up some fun pvp that way. Or have a corp mate jetcan mine, and you and some buddies go wait a few hundred k out and warp in on the can flipper.

If you run level 4 missions or mine with at least a retriever, you can earn some very nice isk, and get in some seriously fun pew pew. Even if you can't run level 4s, you can still mine, be an industrialist, or play in the most exciting pvp - trading.

But EVE is definitely NOT an easy MMO. Casual players can have fun, and believe it or not, SP and isk aren't all that important. Toons bought off ebay are easily killed, as there is actual player skill involved, and a 3 billion isk Golem will die to a 1 million isk Rifter, if the Golem pilot doesn't know what he's doing.

And I combine this all with a wife, work, and skiing. (Though the wife aggro sometimes is worse than pulling an entire room with a bare ship)

Last edited by Naffenea; 11 Feb 10 at 23:20..
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!