StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > Vietnam War

Notices and Announcements

Vietnam War The Battle for Vietnam. .

Old 06 Dec 08, 01:04
Colonel
United_States
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

RadioResearcher is on a distinguished road [300] RadioResearcher is on a distinguished road [300] RadioResearcher is on a distinguished road [300] RadioResearcher is on a distinguished road [300] RadioResearcher is on a distinguished road [300] RadioResearcher is on a distinguished road [300] RadioResearcher is on a distinguished road [300] RadioResearcher is on a distinguished road [300] RadioResearcher is on a distinguished road [300] RadioResearcher is on a distinguished road [300] RadioResearcher is on a distinguished road [300] RadioResearcher is on a distinguished road [300] RadioResearcher is on a distinguished road [300] RadioResearcher is on a distinguished road [300] RadioResearcher is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRU View Post
Boonierat,

Sorry for the slight. I obviously wasn't paying attention and a gentle nudge in the ribs from another member reminded me that you are the originator.

Thanks for putting your time into this map. It is well appreciated.

Bill
. . . Besides, I can't plot nearly as well as Boonie and Ken!!

-- RR
Old 06 Dec 08, 01:40
Marshal of ACG
South_Vietnam
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Model Forum Group Build 

Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorwash View Post
This is a fantastic idea.

174th Assault Helicopter Co, 14th Avn Bn, 1st Avn Bde, Lane Army Airfield, Qui Nhon. When I got there, we were one of only three independant companies in I and II Corps area, everyone else was dedicated to the Cav or the 4ID. We had a company tdy to Pleiku (161st) and the 282cnd at Da Nang.
tdy Nihn Hoa working with Koreans Jan 1967 - Apr 67
detached to Phan Thiet supporting 101st Feb 67 (shot down first time)
detached to Nha Trang supporting 5th SF (occasionally)
detached to Tuy Hoa supporting Koreans (occasionally)

174th moved to Duc Pho Apr 67 supporting 3rd of 25th (later 3rd of 4th and everybody else that came through Duc Pho) Company later assigned to Americal.
Deros Duc Pho Aug 68

Rotorwash
Thanks rotorwash! you're added

What do you remember about working with the ROKs in II Corps?
Old 06 Dec 08, 05:43
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]  [+1]
Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
This is a fantastic idea.

174th Assault Helicopter Co, 14th Avn Bn, 1st Avn Bde, Lane Army Airfield, Qui Nhon. When I got there, we were one of only three independant companies in I and II Corps area, everyone else was dedicated to the Cav or the 4ID. We had a company tdy to Pleiku (161st) and the 282cnd at Da Nang.
tdy Nihn Hoa working with Koreans Jan 1967 - Apr 67
detached to Phan Thiet supporting 101st Feb 67 (shot down first time)
detached to Nha Trang supporting 5th SF (occasionally)
detached to Tuy Hoa supporting Koreans (occasionally)

174th moved to Duc Pho Apr 67 supporting 3rd of 25th (later 3rd of 4th and everybody else that came through Duc Pho) Company later assigned to Americal.
Deros Duc Pho Aug 68

Rotorwash
Say Rotor, you really trashed that neighborhood. I got to Duc Pho July 69

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

'half-baked, spurious nationalism'
Old 07 Dec 08, 08:28
First Lieutenant
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

sgnsteve has demonstrated strength of character [100] sgnsteve has demonstrated strength of character [100] sgnsteve has demonstrated strength of character [100] sgnsteve has demonstrated strength of character [100] sgnsteve has demonstrated strength of character [100] sgnsteve has demonstrated strength of character [100] sgnsteve has demonstrated strength of character [100] sgnsteve has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Boonierat, I served with the !st Infantry Division, Company C, Second Battalion,Second Infantry Regiment, (Mechanized),May 1, 1969 to April 2, 1970. Based in Lai Khe. First In the field at An Loc(thunder 4), Quan Loi, Highway 13. Went south to Iron Triangle between Ben Cat and Cu Chi. From there to Tay Ninh, FSB. Crook, Nui Ba Den, Dau Tiang, Minh Than. The company was so under strength we couldnt do field operations so did road security at Trang Bang(that was fun!) until replacements came. Then spent Christmas securing Co Trach, FSB Tennessee and running operations along the Saigon River. Worked out of Dau Tiang in the Micheline Rubber Plantation and on the upper reaches of the Saigon River, I left with the Division when it was pulled out in April 1970.
Old 07 Dec 08, 12:05
Marshal of ACG
South_Vietnam
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Model Forum Group Build 

Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgnsteve View Post
Boonierat, I served with the !st Infantry Division, Company C, Second Battalion,Second Infantry Regiment, (Mechanized),May 1, 1969 to April 2, 1970. Based in Lai Khe. First In the field at An Loc(thunder 4), Quan Loi, Highway 13. Went south to Iron Triangle between Ben Cat and Cu Chi. From there to Tay Ninh, FSB. Crook, Nui Ba Den, Dau Tiang, Minh Than. The company was so under strength we couldnt do field operations so did road security at Trang Bang(that was fun!) until replacements came. Then spent Christmas securing Co Trach, FSB Tennessee and running operations along the Saigon River. Worked out of Dau Tiang in the Micheline Rubber Plantation and on the upper reaches of the Saigon River, I left with the Division when it was pulled out in April 1970.

Thanks a lot Steve! you're added
Sponsored Links

Old 07 Dec 08, 21:35
Second Lieutenant
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

rotorwash has demonstrated strength of character [100] rotorwash has demonstrated strength of character [100] rotorwash has demonstrated strength of character [100] rotorwash has demonstrated strength of character [100] rotorwash has demonstrated strength of character [100] rotorwash has demonstrated strength of character [100] rotorwash has demonstrated strength of character [100] rotorwash has demonstrated strength of character [100] rotorwash has demonstrated strength of character [100] rotorwash has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
Say Rotor, you really trashed that neighborhood. I got to Duc Pho July 69
We tried to leave a little for the rest o'yuz. Were you an ATC? The tower was at the end of our flight line. For several weeks there was a one shot charlie south of the active, part of the advisory was "Be advised, your taking fire," as a tracer whizzed past the door.
Old 07 Dec 08, 21:49
Second Lieutenant
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

rotorwash has demonstrated strength of character [100] rotorwash has demonstrated strength of character [100] rotorwash has demonstrated strength of character [100] rotorwash has demonstrated strength of character [100] rotorwash has demonstrated strength of character [100] rotorwash has demonstrated strength of character [100] rotorwash has demonstrated strength of character [100] rotorwash has demonstrated strength of character [100] rotorwash has demonstrated strength of character [100] rotorwash has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boonierat View Post
Thanks rotorwash! you're added

What do you remember about working with the ROKs in II Corps?
They were some of the best soldiers I have ever seen. We supported them from Tuy Hoa to Phan Rang and we never were subjected to serious trouble. I don't know if you want it on this thread, but I can tell you some great stories about working with them.

Rotorwash
Old 08 Dec 08, 00:40
Marshal of ACG
South_Vietnam

Quote:
They were some of the best soldiers I have ever seen. We supported them from Tuy Hoa to Phan Rang and we never were subjected to serious trouble. I don't know if you want it on this thread, but I can tell you some great stories about working with them.

Rotorwash
I dug up an old thread about the ROKs so we can discuss them at leisure: here you go:

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...t=56431&page=2
Old 08 Dec 08, 02:38
General of the Forums
United_States
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]  [+1]
Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
We tried to leave a little for the rest o'yuz. Were you an ATC? The tower was at the end of our flight line. For several weeks there was a one shot charlie south of the active, part of the advisory was "Be advised, your taking fire," as a tracer whizzed past the door.
Yes, Tower Cheif. Check my profile and there is a pic of the tower you were talking about(not I)) in the pic. That was at the mid field cross over and next to AF Weather. Moved it to the other side about Fall of 69. I'll post a pic of it soon,

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

'half-baked, spurious nationalism'
Old 08 Dec 08, 09:01
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

ALOHA RONNIE has demonstrated strength of character [100] ALOHA RONNIE has demonstrated strength of character [100] ALOHA RONNIE has demonstrated strength of character [100] ALOHA RONNIE has demonstrated strength of character [100] ALOHA RONNIE has demonstrated strength of character [100] ALOHA RONNIE has demonstrated strength of character [100] ALOHA RONNIE has demonstrated strength of character [100] ALOHA RONNIE has demonstrated strength of character [100] ALOHA RONNIE has demonstrated strength of character [100]

"ALOHA RONNIE" Guyer
HHC, 1/7th Cavalry "GARRY OWEN" Regiment
1st Cavalry Division (Airmobile)
http://www.lzxray.com/guyer_set1.htm (Photos)

QUI NHON - 9/65 (Amphibious Beach Landing)
AN KHE - 9/65 to 4/66 (1st Cavalry Division Airmobile Base)
SONG CA VALLEY - 10/65 ("HAPPY VALLEY")
PLEI ME Special Forces Cemp - 11/65
IA DRANG VALLEY - 11/65 ("WE WERE SOLDIERS")
PLEIKU Airstrip -11/65
MANG YANG PASS - 11/65 (French Mobile Group 100 demise)
BONG SONG VALLEY - 2-3/66
KIM SONG - 4/66
SAIGON (For out-processing home) - 4/66

"JUST for the LOVE of FREEDOM"
http://www.lzxray.com/guyer_collection.htm (Photos)

Last edited by ALOHA RONNIE; 08 Dec 08 at 09:22..
Old 08 Dec 08, 09:11
General of the Forums - Donut Dolly
South_Vietnam
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 

Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
My sincere thanks to all of you !!!

Old 08 Dec 08, 09:33
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

ALOHA RONNIE has demonstrated strength of character [100] ALOHA RONNIE has demonstrated strength of character [100] ALOHA RONNIE has demonstrated strength of character [100] ALOHA RONNIE has demonstrated strength of character [100] ALOHA RONNIE has demonstrated strength of character [100] ALOHA RONNIE has demonstrated strength of character [100] ALOHA RONNIE has demonstrated strength of character [100] ALOHA RONNIE has demonstrated strength of character [100] ALOHA RONNIE has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss.Saigon View Post
My sincere thanks to all of you !!!

There is NO finer example of one's LOVE for FREEDOM, than of those who have had it violently taken from them.

As reflected in the undying gratitude of a once Free South Vietnamese people's gratitude to America's Freedom Fighters who long faught to save theirs.

A great example for the rest of us to now follow in a new time of war, in a new century with our own Freedom directly at stake right here at home in a still Free America, perhaps..?

Last edited by ALOHA RONNIE; 08 Dec 08 at 09:35..
Old 08 Dec 08, 09:35
Marshal of ACG
South_Vietnam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALOHA RONNIE View Post

"ALOHA RONNIE" Guyer
HHC, 1/7th Cavalry "GARRY OWEN" Regiment
1st Cavalry Division (Airmobile)
http://www.lzxray.com/guyer_set1.htm (Photos)

QUI NHON - 9/65 (Amphibious Beach Landing)
AN KHE - 9/65 to 4/66 (1st Cavalry Division Airmobile Base)
SONG CA VALLEY - 10/65 ("HAPPY VALLEY")
PLEI ME Special Forces Cemp - 11/65
IA DRANG VALLEY - 11/65 ("WE WERE SOLDIERS")
PLEIKU Airstrip -11/65
MANG YANG PASS - 11/65 (French Mobile Group 100 demise)
BONG SONG VALLEY - 2-3/66
KIM SONG - 4/66
SAIGON (For out-processing home) - 4/66

"JUST for the LOVE of FREEDOM"
http://www.lzxray.com/guyer_collection.htm (Photos)

Thanks a lot Ronnie! you're added
Old 09 Dec 08, 15:48
Marshal of ACG
South_Vietnam

Map updated with none other than ACG's own R.N. Armstrong
Old 09 Dec 08, 19:23
General of the Forums
Powflag
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Vietnam Service - 67' - 69'

Danang 5th SF
MACV FOB 1 Phu Bai
Danang CCN
Nurmerous other spots throughout I Corp and 'beyond'??????
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!