StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Books, Film and Media > Film, DVD, and TV

Notices and Announcements

Film, DVD, and TV Discuss the latest movies at the theatre and on DVD, as well as what is on TV. ACG film reviews will also be found here.

Old 21 Jul 16, 03:07
Lieutenant General
United_States

Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100]
American Psycho,

Old 22 Jul 16, 02:07
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Last King isn't bad...

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman
Old 23 Jul 16, 18:24
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Killing Joke

The Killing Joke. I got all excited about Mark Hamill playing the Joker again. (BTAS)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman...nimated_Series

Then it turned into one of the worst Batman films I've ever seen. Truly disgusting and revolting. The graphic novel wasn't that good, but the levels of depravity that this film goes to is really disturbing. Grade of this 'film' F-. Don't rent it...

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman
Old 23 Jul 16, 18:32
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Saw Star Trek Beyond.

As a Star Trek purist, I was disappointed with where JJ Abrams was taking the franchise. But I'll say this though, the current movie directed by Justin Lin isn't so bad despite being in the reboot series, which I hate very much.

It still involves a lot of action, but got in science and little techno-babble, something that was solely missing in the JJ Abrams movies. The story makes a lot more sense and keeps us on our toes as the pace is quick and cuts to main points.

I give it two thumbs up and four out of five stars. It's a well job done and will definitely recommend it to anyone.

"Aim small, miss small."

Chieftain Iosephus Namathus of Brigantes, Eagles Deux

"I am Britannia!"
Old 23 Jul 16, 18:33
Staff Sergeant
United_States

OttoHarkaman is on the path to success [1-99] OttoHarkaman is on the path to success [1-99]
Downloaded and watched Spectre, I thought it was awesome

Old 23 Jul 16, 21:19
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheetah772 View Post
Saw Star Trek Beyond.

As a Star Trek purist, I was disappointed with where JJ Abrams was taking the franchise. But I'll say this though, the current movie directed by Justin Lin isn't so bad despite being in the reboot series, which I hate very much.

It still involves a lot of action, but got in science and little techno-babble, something that was solely missing in the JJ Abrams movies. The story makes a lot more sense and keeps us on our toes as the pace is quick and cuts to main points.

I give it two thumbs up and four out of five stars. It's a well job done and will definitely recommend it to anyone.
With that recommendation I want to see it, however does this one at least get off of Earth? The first two reboots spent an inordinate amount of time on Earth. Which really isn't what Star Trek was about.
Old 23 Jul 16, 21:30
ACG Forums - General Staff
France
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Summer Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 

Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Shooting a Star Trek Movie that mostly takes place on Earth saves a lot of money on scenes and CGI.

Pruitt

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"
Old 23 Jul 16, 21:34
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Evans View Post
With that recommendation I want to see it, however does this one at least get off of Earth? The first two reboots spent an inordinate amount of time on Earth. Which really isn't what Star Trek was about.
Yeah, but a real starwars feel it has, just need the cantina sound track and its done. /Shakes head. Sigh...

Old 23 Jul 16, 22:10
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Evans View Post
Trust me, it's off of Earth. There are new alien species, no more same old aliens that we see often like Klingons, Romulans, Borg, etc.

I can't say more, you'll just have to watch it.

"Aim small, miss small."

Chieftain Iosephus Namathus of Brigantes, Eagles Deux

"I am Britannia!"
Old 24 Jul 16, 23:24
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
I just saw this-

And I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone... especially any young and idealistic folks who are searching for the truth.
It is really incredible, how things have been swept under the rug.
Sponsored Links

Old 25 Jul 16, 03:25
ACG Forums - General Staff
France
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Summer Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 

Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
That trailer was cute! I don't see it making any friends.

Pruitt

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"
Old 25 Jul 16, 22:28
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybriar View Post
I watched Come and See yesterday. It looks like there is at least one snippet of it on YouTube:

Mosfilm has blocked that clip from being watched on this website.
How interesting...
Old 30 Jul 16, 02:30
General
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Sgt. Rock has earned the respect of all [900] Sgt. Rock has earned the respect of all [900]
Sgt. Rock has earned the respect of all [900] Sgt. Rock has earned the respect of all [900] Sgt. Rock has earned the respect of all [900] Sgt. Rock has earned the respect of all [900] Sgt. Rock has earned the respect of all [900] Sgt. Rock has earned the respect of all [900] Sgt. Rock has earned the respect of all [900] Sgt. Rock has earned the respect of all [900] Sgt. Rock has earned the respect of all [900]
"13 Sins" Pretty good I thought. Liked the ending.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2059171/
Old 02 Aug 16, 05:21
Lieutenant General
United_States

Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Old 02 Aug 16, 13:05
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Gorque gives and gets respect [800]
Gorque gives and gets respect [800] Gorque gives and gets respect [800] Gorque gives and gets respect [800] Gorque gives and gets respect [800] Gorque gives and gets respect [800] Gorque gives and gets respect [800] Gorque gives and gets respect [800] Gorque gives and gets respect [800] Gorque gives and gets respect [800] Gorque gives and gets respect [800] Gorque gives and gets respect [800] Gorque gives and gets respect [800] Gorque gives and gets respect [800] Gorque gives and gets respect [800] Gorque gives and gets respect [800]
The last few films that I've viewed that I found entertaining were The Fundamentals of Caring; Minions; and Er ist Weider da (Look Who's Back)

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!