StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Books, Film and Media > Film, DVD, and TV

Notices and Announcements

Film, DVD, and TV Discuss the latest movies at the theatre and on DVD, as well as what is on TV. ACG film reviews will also be found here.

Old 03 Sep 13, 15:40
ACG Forums - Africanus Majoris
Israel
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C SPQR Campaign 

Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Numbers Station

"The Numbers Station"

No high flyer but a solid made movie with enough hint of very serious business.

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.
Old 03 Sep 13, 17:54
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II SPQR Campaign 

Captain General gives and gets respect [800]
Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800]
Town Without Pity

Homer

BoRG
Old 04 Sep 13, 01:30
Private
United_States

DarbyGloss is a balanced individual [0]
Jack Reacher
Old 04 Sep 13, 22:23
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Matt Jones has a spectacular aura about [400] Matt Jones has a spectacular aura about [400] Matt Jones has a spectacular aura about [400] Matt Jones has a spectacular aura about [400] Matt Jones has a spectacular aura about [400] Matt Jones has a spectacular aura about [400] Matt Jones has a spectacular aura about [400] Matt Jones has a spectacular aura about [400] Matt Jones has a spectacular aura about [400] Matt Jones has a spectacular aura about [400] Matt Jones has a spectacular aura about [400] Matt Jones has a spectacular aura about [400] Matt Jones has a spectacular aura about [400] Matt Jones has a spectacular aura about [400] Matt Jones has a spectacular aura about [400]
Part of Gun Shy with Liam Neeson and Oliver Platt.

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!
Old 05 Sep 13, 00:11
Banned
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 

VinceW is walking in the light [200] VinceW is walking in the light [200] VinceW is walking in the light [200] VinceW is walking in the light [200] VinceW is walking in the light [200] VinceW is walking in the light [200] VinceW is walking in the light [200] VinceW is walking in the light [200] VinceW is walking in the light [200] VinceW is walking in the light [200] VinceW is walking in the light [200] VinceW is walking in the light [200] VinceW is walking in the light [200]
Zero Dark Thirty.
Great movie!
Sponsored Links

Old 05 Sep 13, 09:14
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II SPQR Campaign 

Captain General gives and gets respect [800]
Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800]
Sunset Boulevard

Very strange film.

Homer

BoRG
Old 06 Sep 13, 09:38
Banned
United_States

Shoeless is walking in the light [200] Shoeless is walking in the light [200] Shoeless is walking in the light [200] Shoeless is walking in the light [200] Shoeless is walking in the light [200] Shoeless is walking in the light [200] Shoeless is walking in the light [200] Shoeless is walking in the light [200] Shoeless is walking in the light [200] Shoeless is walking in the light [200] Shoeless is walking in the light [200]
"The Wizard of Baghdad", a random afternoon find on one of the more obscure movie channels.

A historical fantasy spoof in the early 60s mold. I enjoyed it.
Old 06 Sep 13, 09:46
First Lieutenant
China

Zhang Xun is on the path to success [1-99] Zhang Xun is on the path to success [1-99] Zhang Xun is on the path to success [1-99] Zhang Xun is on the path to success [1-99] Zhang Xun is on the path to success [1-99]
Parental Guidance, it was quite a funny movie, its a shame that it got mostly bad reviews on Rotten Tomatoes and Imdb. It only got an 18% on Rotten Tomatoes and 59% on Imbd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9nmIzCAMJQ
Old 08 Sep 13, 07:34
ACG Forums - Africanus Majoris
Israel
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C SPQR Campaign 

Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Source Code

Intelligently made Sci-fi thriller that kept me thinking till well after the end credits

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.
Old 08 Sep 13, 08:46
Brigadier General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300]
The World's End

Old 08 Sep 13, 20:23
General of the Forums
Pirate
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sennef View Post
The Source Code

Intelligently made Sci-fi thriller that kept me thinking till well after the end credits
I thought pretty much the same thing. I saw it twice, too, so it had to be good enough for that. I originally saw it in theaters too.

--Hávamál
Old 08 Sep 13, 21:20
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Batman year one.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1672723/

Enjoyed it...

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman
Old 08 Sep 13, 22:42
General of the Forums
Pirate
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300]
Has anyone seen the movie "Cold Mountain" here and is it worth watching? From what I gather it's a Civil War romance type movie-and I'm not big into romance movies but is it good?

I ask because on Pandora I stumbled across this song from it and it sent chills up my spine with how awesome it sounded:

Regardless I got the soundtrack for it on itunes because I liked some of the others on there too.

--Hávamál
Old 08 Sep 13, 23:37
First Lieutenant
United_States

mimike is on the path to success [1-99] mimike is on the path to success [1-99] mimike is on the path to success [1-99] mimike is on the path to success [1-99] mimike is on the path to success [1-99] mimike is on the path to success [1-99] mimike is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Six 4 View Post
Has anyone seen the movie "Cold Mountain" here and is it worth watching? From what I gather it's a Civil War romance type movie-and I'm not big into romance movies but is it good?

I ask because on Pandora I stumbled across this song from it and it sent chills up my spine with how awesome it sounded:

Regardless I got the soundtrack for it on itunes because I liked some of the others on there too.
It is an excellent movie and not really a romance at all. Fine acting all around.
Old 08 Sep 13, 23:38
First Lieutenant
United_States

mimike is on the path to success [1-99] mimike is on the path to success [1-99] mimike is on the path to success [1-99] mimike is on the path to success [1-99] mimike is on the path to success [1-99] mimike is on the path to success [1-99] mimike is on the path to success [1-99]
THE CLOSER Y0U GET, an Irish movie and a good one too.
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!