HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Weider History Group Welcomes You! > Armchair General Magazine

Notices and Announcements

Armchair General Magazine Magazine articles, writers, future issues, and special web-only projects here!

Old 20 Oct 08, 16:58
General of the Forums
Pirate
March Offensive 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Pirateship1982 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pirateship1982 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pirateship1982 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Pirateship1982 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pirateship1982 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pirateship1982 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pirateship1982 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pirateship1982 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pirateship1982 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pirateship1982 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pirateship1982 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pirateship1982 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pirateship1982 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pirateship1982 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pirateship1982 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
A great man. God grant you all peace.
Old 20 Oct 08, 17:53
Major General
Armchair_General
5 Year Service Ribbon Distinguished Service Award 

Creeping Death is walking in the light [200] Creeping Death is walking in the light [200] Creeping Death is walking in the light [200] Creeping Death is walking in the light [200] Creeping Death is walking in the light [200] Creeping Death is walking in the light [200] Creeping Death is walking in the light [200] Creeping Death is walking in the light [200] Creeping Death is walking in the light [200] Creeping Death is walking in the light [200] Creeping Death is walking in the light [200] Creeping Death is walking in the light [200] Creeping Death is walking in the light [200]
Shocked and saddened

Eric,

My heart goes out to you and your family, as always please let me know if there is anything i can do.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

Best regards,
Chad
Old 21 Oct 08, 11:44
ACG Forums - Field Marshal
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Distinguished Service Award Greatest Westerns Campaign 

Jim H. Moreno has disabled reputation
Ben Weider RIP - Napoleon 101 Podcast
Old 21 Oct 08, 14:48
Lieutenant General
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300] Bow is on a distinguished road [300]
Condolences.....He was an icon of his time...
Old 22 Oct 08, 01:35
ACG Forums - General Staff
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Distinguished Service Award Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 

Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400]
Eric,
Though I never met your father personally I have seen that he touched a remarkably diverse cross section of people in universally positve ways that few individuals in history can claim. The term "renaissance man" is truly an understatement when his contributions to this world are tallied He left many legacies to this world, but perhaps YOU may be his most important one. The love for history and humanity that he instilled in you is obvious. My heart is with you and your family during this time, but I hope you can find solace in the fact that few have lived a life equal to your father's. May he be at peace.

Lance

Peace through superior firepower.
Old 22 Oct 08, 14:32
Lieutenant General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Eric Wittenberg is a jewel in the rough [500]
Eric Wittenberg is a jewel in the rough [500] Eric Wittenberg is a jewel in the rough [500] Eric Wittenberg is a jewel in the rough [500] Eric Wittenberg is a jewel in the rough [500] Eric Wittenberg is a jewel in the rough [500] Eric Wittenberg is a jewel in the rough [500] Eric Wittenberg is a jewel in the rough [500] Eric Wittenberg is a jewel in the rough [500] Eric Wittenberg is a jewel in the rough [500]
I had sent Eric a PM, but wanted to likewise send my condolences to him in this public forum.

Eric, I didn't meet your father, but our mutual friend Ted Savas put me in touch with him, and your father kindly inscribed a copy of his book on the Napoleonic Wars--sitting in the bookcase a few feet away from me, here in my office as I write this--and sent me some material on the Napoleonic study society he championed. I enjoyed my interactions with him, brief as they were.

If the son is any reflection of the father, then the world is a worse place without him in it.

Susan and I send our heartfelt condolences.

Eric

Maj. Gen. James Ewell Brown Stuart
Old 22 Oct 08, 22:20
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

ALOHA RONNIE has demonstrated strength of character [100] ALOHA RONNIE has demonstrated strength of character [100] ALOHA RONNIE has demonstrated strength of character [100] ALOHA RONNIE has demonstrated strength of character [100] ALOHA RONNIE has demonstrated strength of character [100] ALOHA RONNIE has demonstrated strength of character [100] ALOHA RONNIE has demonstrated strength of character [100] ALOHA RONNIE has demonstrated strength of character [100] ALOHA RONNIE has demonstrated strength of character [100]

With all the Respect & LOVE there is:

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger Issues Statement on Death of Ben Weider

http://gov.ca.gov/press-release/10842/

Old 23 Oct 08, 04:45
General of the Forums
Australia
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II ACG Football Manager of the Season 
ACG Football Manager of the Season 

Galland is simply cracking [600]
Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600]
i had no idea this had occurred, my sympathies to the Weider family also..!

To turn off Mr Sparkle, go User CP/ Edit Options/ Thread display options
Old 24 Oct 08, 15:38
Gunnery Sergeant
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Roadblock is on the path to success [1-99] Roadblock is on the path to success [1-99] Roadblock is on the path to success [1-99]
A gentleman and a scholar; he was a credit to the people of Canada and an invaluable assent to the preservation and promotion of our collective cultural heritage. God bless him and his family.
Old 24 Oct 08, 16:55
Lieutenant General
United_States
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100] Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100] Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100] Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100] Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100] Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100] Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100] Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100] Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100] Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100]
My condolences, Eric.
Sponsored Links

Old 26 Oct 08, 05:31
ACG Forums - Field Marshal
Sami
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Erkki is simply cracking [600]
Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600]
All the best to you and your family Eric in this hard times.
/Erik
You've been talking 'bout' you want the war to cease
But when you show us hope, then we will show you peace"

Bounty Killa - look into my eyes

When in doubt: Blame Putin!
Old 26 Oct 08, 16:22
Colonel
United_States
March Offensive Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 
Summer Campaign SPQR Campaign 

Alexander is on a distinguished road [300] Alexander is on a distinguished road [300] Alexander is on a distinguished road [300] Alexander is on a distinguished road [300] Alexander is on a distinguished road [300] Alexander is on a distinguished road [300] Alexander is on a distinguished road [300] Alexander is on a distinguished road [300] Alexander is on a distinguished road [300] Alexander is on a distinguished road [300] Alexander is on a distinguished road [300] Alexander is on a distinguished road [300] Alexander is on a distinguished road [300]
Mr. Weider, please know that you have my very sincere condolences. You and your father will be in my prayers.

May he rest in peace.

Sincerely,
Alexander Wilson
Old 28 Oct 08, 13:52
General of the Forums
United_States
March Offensive 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

No_Nickname is simply cracking [600]
No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600]
Mr. Weider, my condolences go out to you and your family. The world has lost a good man, and veteran.
"You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop
Old 28 Oct 08, 15:18
Publisher
United_States
March Offensive Model Forum Group Build 5 Year Service Ribbon Distinguished Service Award 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 

Eric Weider is a jewel in the rough [500]
Eric Weider is a jewel in the rough [500] Eric Weider is a jewel in the rough [500] Eric Weider is a jewel in the rough [500] Eric Weider is a jewel in the rough [500] Eric Weider is a jewel in the rough [500] Eric Weider is a jewel in the rough [500] Eric Weider is a jewel in the rough [500]
This morning I was listening to the "White Cliffs of Dover" and "Lili Marlene" which were the bedtime songs my dad sung to me for many years.

Thanks again for your kind words.
Old 28 Oct 08, 15:54
ACG Forums - General Staff
Australia
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Distinguished Service Award Model Forum Group Build Victor 5 Year Service Ribbon 
Summer Campaign Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) SPQR Campaign 
Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
R.I.P.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!