StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > History Library > Military Modelling and Other Hobbies

Notices and Announcements

Military Modelling and Other Hobbies Discuss model building, memorabilia, art, and other hobbies.

Old 16 Aug 08, 16:24
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor - Ace) Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) 

razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400]
Latest Acquisition - If you bought it to use for modelling, post it here!

I have always gained knowledge by viewing the purchases of others - so I thought I'd start a thread where everyone could show off their latest
"Modelling purchases". Modelling tools and equipment, PE, Figures, Kits, paints, adhesives, diorama accessories, decal sets or whatever!

If you bought it to use for modelling, post it here!

8/16/08 - 7.5cm Leichtgeschutz 40 w/ Fallschirmjager in 1:35 scale by Dragon. Went to Hobbytown USA for a bottle of Polly-S field grey paint and it tagged along back home - I am easy but I ain't cheap!
Thought I'd use the gun seperately with some Gebirgsjagers and keep the Fallschirmjagers for another project I've got planned.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1650.JPG (115.5 KB, 648 views)

“The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom." - George S. Patton

Last edited by razorboy; 17 Aug 08 at 07:00..
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 16 Aug 08, 17:24
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 
Greatest Westerns Campaign Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Gorque is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Gorque is a glorious beacon of light [700] Gorque is a glorious beacon of light [700] Gorque is a glorious beacon of light [700] Gorque is a glorious beacon of light [700] Gorque is a glorious beacon of light [700] Gorque is a glorious beacon of light [700] Gorque is a glorious beacon of light [700] Gorque is a glorious beacon of light [700] Gorque is a glorious beacon of light [700] Gorque is a glorious beacon of light [700] Gorque is a glorious beacon of light [700] Gorque is a glorious beacon of light [700] Gorque is a glorious beacon of light [700]
To help me see what I'm painting, gluing, cutting.

Sometimes, I hate getting old.
Old 16 Aug 08, 18:44
General
United_States
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) Model Forum Group Build Victor 

Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300]
These are my next models....

and I currently have 5 paints, spruce cutter, exacto pad, 4 airbrush tips, 2 airbrush paint cups, and some bare metal foil for a B-29 I am going to do (and yet to purchase).
Old 17 Aug 08, 04:41
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

MonsterZero is a pillar of the community [1100] MonsterZero is a pillar of the community [1100]
MonsterZero is a pillar of the community [1100] MonsterZero is a pillar of the community [1100] MonsterZero is a pillar of the community [1100] MonsterZero is a pillar of the community [1100] MonsterZero is a pillar of the community [1100] MonsterZero is a pillar of the community [1100] MonsterZero is a pillar of the community [1100] MonsterZero is a pillar of the community [1100] MonsterZero is a pillar of the community [1100] MonsterZero is a pillar of the community [1100] MonsterZero is a pillar of the community [1100] MonsterZero is a pillar of the community [1100] MonsterZero is a pillar of the community [1100]
Looks like a recoiless rifle similar to the Pupchen but I've never seen it before. Fallschirmjager deployed all kinds of weird toys though, I'm sure I haven't seen all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorboy View Post
I have always gained knowledge by viewing the purchases of others - so I thought I'd start a thread where everyone could show off their latest
"Modelling purchases". Modelling tools and equipment, PE, Figures, Kits, paints, adhesives, diorama accessories, decal sets or whatever!

If you bought it to use for modelling, post it here!

8/16/08 - 7.5cm Leichtgeschutz 40 w/ Fallschirmjager in 1:35 scale by Dragon. Went to Hobbytown USA for a bottle of Polly-S field grey paint and it tagged along back home - I am easy but I ain't cheap!
Thought I'd use the gun seperately with some Gebrigsjagers and keep the Fallschirmjagers for another project I've got planned.

"Man is a military animal, glories in gunpowder, and loves parade."
--P. J. Bailey, British poet
Old 17 Aug 08, 06:58
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor - Ace) Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) 

razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400]
Gebirgsjager equippage was very similar in that it needed to be as lightweight as possible and breakdown into manageable sub-loads. I believe I have seen a picture of this gun before in use by Gebirgsjager personnel, just need to find a picture.

rb

“The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom." - George S. Patton
Old 17 Aug 08, 08:03
General
United_States

Found 1 pic so far of an LG 40 in action, don''t know where it is but judging by the Fallschirmjagers equipage and uniforms I believe it to be Crete? Perhaps early '42 in Russia. The gun is painted either luftwaffe blue or dk. grey, I think the former but I am unsure.

rb
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture Selection-20080817-064141-4.jpg (47.1 KB, 614 views)

Old 17 Aug 08, 10:43
Captain
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Sgt Ken has disabled reputation
here some stuff i just go the gunship is 1/48 scale and the ships are 1/420 scale the rest is 1/35 cant wait to build the gunship i have a C-130 gunship in 1/48 scale i did a few years back would like to hang them together

Last edited by Sgt Ken; 21 Aug 08 at 09:23..
Old 17 Aug 08, 13:21
General
United_States
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) Model Forum Group Build Victor 

Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300] Wedfactory is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Ken View Post
here some stuff i just go the gunship is 1/48 scale and the ships are 1/420 scale the rest is 1/35 cant wait to build the gunship i have a C-130 gunship in 1/48 scale i did a few years back would like to hang them together
I like the 47 gunship, I want to that model as well as the 130 gunship. Did the 130 cargo about 30 years ago. Do the halves go together well? They were a bear then.
Old 17 Aug 08, 14:15
Captain
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Sgt Ken has disabled reputation
Yeah it was a pain one thing i read on the net for tips on building which i was glad wait untill the end to put your wings on ,made it a lot better to work on ,the ships are 1/420 i never build anything that scale cant wait to try it on ,good site that was useing your brains
Old 19 Aug 08, 07:48
ACG Forums - General Staff
Australia
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign SPQR Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor 
Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) 

Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
This arrived in the mail the other day, some of which will find itself in my Maus diorama. I have a few other things ordered, just waiting for them to be processed... sadly one peice I wanted was going to take several weeks to deliver, so I pulled the pin on that and will get it another time.

"We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and by the depth of our answers."
- Carl Sagan.
Sponsored Links

Old 19 Aug 08, 21:20
General
United_States

Thumbs up

I had $35.00 left on my Christmas Home Depot Card so I decided to improve my lighting a bit. The whole set-up including both "Daylight" flourescent tubes cost me a hair over 20 bucks ($8.77 for the fixture complete with chain; $5.69 each for the tubes) sales tax included. Think I'll lower it another foot or so and will probably purchase another one.

The pictures don't really do it justice, it lights nicely!

rb
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1672.JPG (117.3 KB, 603 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1670.JPG (122.1 KB, 599 views)

Old 19 Aug 08, 21:45
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 
Greatest Westerns Campaign Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Gorque is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Gorque is a glorious beacon of light [700] Gorque is a glorious beacon of light [700] Gorque is a glorious beacon of light [700] Gorque is a glorious beacon of light [700] Gorque is a glorious beacon of light [700] Gorque is a glorious beacon of light [700] Gorque is a glorious beacon of light [700] Gorque is a glorious beacon of light [700] Gorque is a glorious beacon of light [700] Gorque is a glorious beacon of light [700] Gorque is a glorious beacon of light [700] Gorque is a glorious beacon of light [700] Gorque is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorboy View Post
I had $35.00 left on my Christmas Home Depot Card so I decided to improve my lighting a bit. The whole set-up including both "Daylight" flourescent tubes cost me a hair over 20 bucks ($8.77 for the fixture complete with chain; $5.69 each for the tubes) sales tax included. Think I'll lower it another foot or so and will probably purchase another one.

The pictures don't really do it justice, it lights nicely!

rb
I like that RB. You just gave me some good ideas!
Old 20 Aug 08, 00:27
General
United_States

My latest model stuff purchase...

A corsair (not sure if this model will make it into this build #6 ), aftermarket flight control surfaces, 2 sets of decals (one to finish my resin german jets and the other for my F-4D (build #4)), bottle of paint, and sanding cutting disks for my resin models and aftermarket items, and fish weights for ballast. Now I can get back to me HE-162!

Last edited by Wedfactory; 20 Aug 08 at 00:29..
Old 24 Aug 08, 01:19
General
United_States

Some of my new purchases...

A bomber I need to build for my Dad's christmas present...

and some misc stuff for me....

Old 24 Aug 08, 01:50
ACG Forums - General Staff
Australia
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign SPQR Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor 
Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) 

Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
A 1/48 B-29... that will be huge!!!!

"We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and by the depth of our answers."
- Carl Sagan.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!