StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > Russia, Central Asia, and The Caucasus > South Ossetian Conflict

Notices and Announcements

South Ossetian Conflict Discuss the conflict between Georgia and Russia over South Ossetia.

Old 11 Aug 08, 17:42
General
Switzerland
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

piero1971 is on a distinguished road [300] piero1971 is on a distinguished road [300] piero1971 is on a distinguished road [300] piero1971 is on a distinguished road [300] piero1971 is on a distinguished road [300] piero1971 is on a distinguished road [300] piero1971 is on a distinguished road [300] piero1971 is on a distinguished road [300] piero1971 is on a distinguished road [300] piero1971 is on a distinguished road [300] piero1971 is on a distinguished road [300] piero1971 is on a distinguished road [300] piero1971 is on a distinguished road [300] piero1971 is on a distinguished road [300]
tsss. I dont' know this Ralph Peter guy. is he in Ossetia to assess all this.

now. part of what he writes may well be very true - the russian military build up and preparation - a sign of better organisation in the russian military by the way.

then, it may be that russian style military is not as efficient as it could, but I'd wait to see what really happened

also, when one mentions Putin as madman, when one says that Russia wants to buidl an empire... when you have Bush Jr. invading countries across the globe, wiuth the killing of scores of "collateral damage" civilians, supporting other countries' illegal occupation and colonization of land (West Bank, etc.), and pushing NATO to become an agressive alliance to the doorstep of Russia - a country invaded so many times by the western powers of their days with each time millions of dead - who is beeing serious??

finally, as I commented on the board, "south ossetia is legally part of Georgia", yeah, like Kosovo is legally part of Serbia. double standards, again, from the usual Neo-cons that gave you the success in Iraq, Afghanistan and GWOT!

methinks, Mr. Peters is having a case of both ultra-basic anti-soviet-russky-ism and some folie of grandeur, typical of the neo-cons. perhaps he should look in his own backward first, where the economy is down the drain, people are loosing houses and getting poorer, military overextended looking for imaginary enemies to grab resources...

just my 2 cents.
Old 11 Aug 08, 18:03
ACG Forums - Africanus Majoris
EU
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C SPQR Campaign 

Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukov View Post
bhahaha al-qaeda
georgians in fact SUPPORTED al-quaeda on their territory
Jukov, I intended to reply to your above post, then I realized you have posted over 300 posts in two days. Impressive! You're waging a cyber public-opinion battle by yourself?

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.
Old 11 Aug 08, 18:11
First Lieutenant
Russia

Jukov is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainsennef View Post
Jukov, I intended to reply to your above post, then I realized you have posted over 300 posts in two days. Impressive! You're waging a cyber public-opinion battle by yourself?
Yes
count me as russian cyber-partizan
Old 11 Aug 08, 19:03
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II SPQR Campaign 

Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
bhahaha al-qaeda
georgians in fact SUPPORTED al-quaeda on their territory
I find it hard to believe that the US and Israel would provide military support the Georgians if Georgia was supporting al-queda. Whats your source, the state run media?
Old 11 Aug 08, 19:07
First Lieutenant
Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate View Post
I find it hard to believe that the US and Israel would provide military support the Georgians if Georgia was supporting al-queda. Whats your source, the state run media?
Don`t be so naive comrade
Don`t forget whos created bin laden and al-quaeda for example and originaly for what purpose
Sponsored Links

Old 11 Aug 08, 19:24
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 

Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700] Legate is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Don`t be so naive comrade
Don`t forget whos created bin laden and al-quaeda for example and originaly for what purpose
I will admit the US indirectly helped to create al-queda,but do you have proof of Georgian collusion?
Old 11 Aug 08, 19:26
First Lieutenant
Russia

Quote:
I will admit the US indirectly helped to create al-queda,but do you have proof of Georgian collusion?
it is a prooved fact that terrorist bases was openly functuined at georgian territory for MANY years
its impossible without goverment support
Old 11 Aug 08, 21:13
Recruit
United_States

pixie is a balanced individual [0]
My two cents

USA made a fundamental mistake to side with Kosovo, which is Serbian land, and angered Russia for no good reason (I can see).
How was possible for the USA (under the moron Clinton) to bomb Serbia, a country much closer to the West than any other communist country 20 years ago?
Also, instead of getting into the Iraq war, a major strategic blunder, the USA should have become the best friend of Russia.
They share in fact the same long term logical interests.
Unfortunately most decisions are not logical.
On the other hand, Russia has no credibility about defending anybody. All Russia neighbours know from their own history how brutal and imperialistic the Russians are.
Mr. Peters is right, with or without communism, Russia was/is imperialistic.
I can only hope the world finds wisdom and stops this before becomes a much broader conflict.
Old 11 Aug 08, 21:18
First Lieutenant
Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie View Post
USA made a fundamental mistake to side with Kosovo, which is Serbian land, and angered Russia for no good reason (I can see).
How was possible for the USA (under the moron Clinton) to bomb Serbia, a country much closer to the West than any other communist country 20 years ago?
Also, instead of getting into the Iraq war, a major strategic blunder, the USA should have become the best friend of Russia.
They share in fact the same long term logical interests.
Unfortunately most decisions are not logical.
On the other hand, Russia has no credibility about defending anybody. All Russia neighbours know from their own history how brutal and imperialistic the Russians are.
Mr. Peters is right, with or without communism, Russia was/is imperialistic.
I can only hope the world finds wisdom and stops this before becomes a much broader conflict.
RUSSIAN CONSTITUTION HOLD A DUTY TO COUNTRY TO DEFEND LIFE AND HONOR OF EVERY RUSSIAN CITIZEN NO MATTER WHERE HE IS

AS SO AS US CONSTITUTION DO FOR EVERY US CITIZEN
Old 11 Aug 08, 21:21
Banned
United_States

AThousandYoung is on the path to success [1-99] AThousandYoung is on the path to success [1-99] AThousandYoung is on the path to success [1-99] AThousandYoung is on the path to success [1-99] AThousandYoung is on the path to success [1-99] AThousandYoung is on the path to success [1-99] AThousandYoung is on the path to success [1-99]
I think the author is missing one thing. I think the Russians are using this as a training exercise as well.
Old 11 Aug 08, 21:31
First Lieutenant
Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by AThousandYoung View Post
I think the author is missing one thing. I think the Russians are using this as a training exercise as well.
bhaaa
Old 11 Aug 08, 21:43
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:
it is a prooved fact that terrorist bases was openly functuined at georgian territory for MANY years
its impossible without goverment support
The terrorist were helped by corrupt officials of the Shevardnadze govt. The Georgian govt. has been fighting al-qaeda since 2001. www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,366217,00.html
Old 11 Aug 08, 21:46
First Lieutenant
Russia

Quote:
The terrorist were helped by corrupt officials of the Shevardnadze govt. The Georgian govt. has been fighting al-qaeda since 2001. www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,366217,00.html
Naive child, you have no idea
Heard about Beslan?
http://images.google.com/images?q=be...=1&sa=N&tab=wi
Old 11 Aug 08, 21:47
First Lieutenant
Russia

By the way it is in Ossetia
Old 11 Aug 08, 22:25
General of the Forums
United_States

What does Georgia have to do with Beslan? Chechnya sepratists were responsible for that.
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!