StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > Russia, Central Asia, and The Caucasus > South Ossetian Conflict

Notices and Announcements

South Ossetian Conflict Discuss the conflict between Georgia and Russia over South Ossetia.

Old 11 Aug 08, 14:42
First Lieutenant
Russia

Jukov is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorque View Post
I disagree. What proof do you have of the "mixed" families?

Second my reference was not to religion, but, once again, to blood and where one was born.
because I PERSONALY KNOW SUCH FAMILIES
Old 11 Aug 08, 14:43
First Lieutenant
Russia

It Isnt A Fun People Dying Here
Old 11 Aug 08, 14:45
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]  [+1]
Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Weider View Post
Gentlemen...This has the potential to be an intelligent and meaningful discussion about important events unfolding before us.

Please keep it intelligent. Say whatever you want...express your feelings, thoughts and opinions...but do not attack anyone else.

There is no need for attitude or insults. You can say you disagree with another post in a straight forward manner without insults...

Please... let's do this right.

Thanks. ask a straight forward question and get.................for answer.

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

'half-baked, spurious nationalism'
Old 11 Aug 08, 14:46
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Gorque gives and gets respect [800]
Gorque gives and gets respect [800] Gorque gives and gets respect [800] Gorque gives and gets respect [800] Gorque gives and gets respect [800] Gorque gives and gets respect [800] Gorque gives and gets respect [800] Gorque gives and gets respect [800] Gorque gives and gets respect [800] Gorque gives and gets respect [800] Gorque gives and gets respect [800] Gorque gives and gets respect [800] Gorque gives and gets respect [800] Gorque gives and gets respect [800] Gorque gives and gets respect [800] Gorque gives and gets respect [800]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukov View Post
because I PERSONALY KNOW SUCH FAMILIES
And those families that you know are highly representative of all the S. Ossetian population?!? Just so I understand this, how many families do you personally know and what study have you completed of these families that personally know that allows you to make such a statement?
Old 11 Aug 08, 14:48
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Gorque gives and gets respect [800]
Gorque gives and gets respect [800] Gorque gives and gets respect [800] Gorque gives and gets respect [800] Gorque gives and gets respect [800] Gorque gives and gets respect [800] Gorque gives and gets respect [800] Gorque gives and gets respect [800] Gorque gives and gets respect [800] Gorque gives and gets respect [800] Gorque gives and gets respect [800] Gorque gives and gets respect [800] Gorque gives and gets respect [800] Gorque gives and gets respect [800] Gorque gives and gets respect [800] Gorque gives and gets respect [800]
Quote:
It Isnt A Fun People Dying Here
Nobody is dying in this forum. The only one's dying are those caught in the middle between Russian and Georgian forces.
Sponsored Links

Old 11 Aug 08, 14:53
First Lieutenant
Russia

Here i mean HERE in ossetia
for you it is there for me - here
Old 11 Aug 08, 16:46
General of the Forums
Armchair_General
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C SPQR Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) 

Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
It's all good and proper merging all the discussion into it's own forum, excellent idea... but how come the thread amvas created is still in his forum, I thought that area was just for WW2 topics?

EDIT;

Actually, there is another related thread on that topic there too.

First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure. - Mark Twain.

Last edited by Achtung Baby; 11 Aug 08 at 17:01..
Old 11 Aug 08, 16:57
First Lieutenant
Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achtung baby View Post
It's all good and proper merging all the discussion into it's own forum, excellent idea... but how come the thread amvas created is still in his forum, I thought that area was just for WW2 topics?

EDIT;

Actually, there is anoother related thread on that topic there too.
all things is linked in this world
Old 12 Aug 08, 06:28
Private First Class
United_States

Fenris Hachiman is on the path to success [1-99]
I am somewhat confused by this argument, but I will still add my two cents.

I had heard that S.Ossetia is (or was) legally part of Georgia, so I think it would be naive to say that no Georgians are (or were, if the ethnic cleansing stories are true) in S.Ossetia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
South Ossetia, now long has there been a large population of ethic Russians there? Before or after the USSR forceful annexation of Georgia.
I have no idea, I would assume that at least some Russians decided to move their after it was annexed, but wasn't it a part of the Imperial Russian Empire anyway?
Old 12 Aug 08, 08:07
First Lieutenant
Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris Hachiman View Post
I am somewhat confused by this argument, but I will still add my two cents.

I had heard that S.Ossetia is (or was) legally part of Georgia, so I think it would be naive to say that no Georgians are (or were, if the ethnic cleansing stories are true) in S.Ossetia.

I have no idea, I would assume that at least some Russians decided to move their after it was annexed, but wasn't it a part of the Imperial Russian Empire anyway?
SO becomed legal part of georgia since very polysemantic way at a fall of USSR
then there was civil war between ossetians and georgians with also genocide of ossetians by georgians
since then and since now there are no way ossetians and abhasians would like to live it one country with georgians
just because they do not feel them selfes safe with them
every people has rights of selfdetermination
this people prooved that right with thousands of inocent lives
Old 12 Aug 08, 08:45
Private First Class
United_States

But what nation could an independent S.Ossetia become? Certainly not very strong (militarily or economically), and definitely under heavy Russian influence, if it won't be annexed outright.
Old 12 Aug 08, 08:49
First Lieutenant
Russia

Quote:
But what nation could an independent S.Ossetia become? Certainly not very strong (militarily or economically), and definitely under heavy Russian influence, if it won't be annexed outright.
no need to south ossetians to BECOME a nation
they was ALWAYS AN OSSETIAN NATION over a 1000 years
yes there is a historical positive influence on them but us that is why they a part of our family
all ossetians initialy citizens of Russia after fall of USSR
Old 12 Aug 08, 09:10
Private First Class
United_States

Quote:
they was ALWAYS AN OSSETIAN NATION over a 1000 years
So, do you think that Poland was always a nation, even after the Third Partition? Or that Texas is still an independent republic?

Maybe the Confederacy still exists...
Old 12 Aug 08, 09:56
General of the Forums
Pirate
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
So, do you think that Poland was always a nation, even after the Third Partition? Or that Texas is still an independent republic?

Maybe the Confederacy still exists...
You know...There might be an interesting historical analogy between the Ossetia issue and the Texas War of Independence and Mexican-American War.
Old 12 Aug 08, 10:14
First Lieutenant
Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
You know...There might be an interesting historical analogy between the Ossetia issue and the Texas War of Independence and Mexican-American War.
Comrade you must know that Tzhinvali was founded by Ossetians in III century

is it means to you something?
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!