HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Forum Resources > The Barracks

Notices and Announcements

The Barracks For stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Members can retire from the serious discussions elsewhere on the forums...and relax here.

Old 17 May 08, 18:12
Colonel
United_States

zebraforce has disabled reputation
Identity Theft and Illegal Immigration

May 16, 2008

Steven Malanga
Illegal in More Ways than One

Identity theft in America goes hand and hand with illegal immigration.
As everyone knows, America is experiencing an epidemic of identity theft. In the last five years alone, complaints to the Federal Trade Commission from U.S. residents who have had their identity stolen have skyrocketed 60 percent, to 258,427 in 2007—one-third of all consumer fraud complaints that the commission receives.

What’s less well understood, however, is how illegal immigration is helping to fuel this rash of crime. Seeking access to jobs, credit, and driver’s licenses, many undocumented aliens are using the personal data of real Americans on forged documents. The immigrants’ identity theft has become so pervasive that the need to combat it is “a disturbing front in the war against illegal immigration,” according to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement...

http://www.rightsidenews.com/2008051...migration.html
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 17 Aug 09, 11:07
Recruit
England

Adrien Chet is a balanced individual [0]
Actually, there is a case in front of the court presently which addresses this very issue. There was a law passed which now charges illegal aliens with identity fraud in addition to violating immigration law which when convicted, adds a minimum 2 year prison sentence for the crime of identity theft. The illegal alien charged in this instance, is contending that he used the identity merely to obtain employment not to inflict intention harm by using it to falsely obtain credit and therefore he should not be subject to the identity theft laws. The case has not yet been decided though it looks unlikely that the 20 or so illegal alien defense organizations which have come to his defense are loosing their argument because as you well know, the victim still suffers damages.
Old 17 Aug 09, 11:46
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

lakechampainer is a jewel in the rough [500]
lakechampainer is a jewel in the rough [500] lakechampainer is a jewel in the rough [500] lakechampainer is a jewel in the rough [500] lakechampainer is a jewel in the rough [500] lakechampainer is a jewel in the rough [500] lakechampainer is a jewel in the rough [500] lakechampainer is a jewel in the rough [500]
In one of my first jobs in the mid 80's in Southeastern Massachusetts we had a lot of "undocumented immigrants". I had a maintenance guy working for me who had excellent skills, good do many trades. His name on his pay check was Faustos, but he wanted to be called George. Simple enough. We then had a couple more guys come in soon thereafter. Same thing. Call me this name, not my name on the paycheck. My boss had to explain that there a guy in Brockton who just kept selling the numbers to people. Also not too hard for these guys to get phony licenses (At least a few years later a few people on the inside got caught and got in big trouble)
Old 18 Aug 09, 08:00
General of the Forums
Canada
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

LRB has earned the respect of all [900] LRB has earned the respect of all [900]
LRB has earned the respect of all [900] LRB has earned the respect of all [900] LRB has earned the respect of all [900] LRB has earned the respect of all [900] LRB has earned the respect of all [900] LRB has earned the respect of all [900]
Here's how I see it.

You live next to Mexico, a nation famous for wanting in whether you like it or not.

And your own concepts of freedom and justice are clearly faulty as displayed by how efficiently they are able to stay in your country, whether you like it or not.

Either you stop letting them in and forcibly return anyone found already present, or you stomache the reality that you need to re write you precious documents that define the fundemental truths of your freedom.

I think a lot of guys with guns at the border and goon squads in the night would probably be easier than re writing your countries documents. But I don't expect either to actually work.

To some extent, your country's illegals is a problem you have left too long to fix. You could always just give them California back eh.
Tell all real Americans with proof (that they are) they can either stay and no longer be Americans, or get in line at the new border and go find a new home somewhere else in America.
It's sad, that the rest of ACG effectively does NOT exist, I won't post on it, and some of the remarks in Politics by some of the members truly does influence my opinions on some of the membership. and it's not a favourable impression.
Old 18 Aug 09, 08:37
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Jose50 gives and gets respect [800]
Jose50 gives and gets respect [800] Jose50 gives and gets respect [800] Jose50 gives and gets respect [800] Jose50 gives and gets respect [800] Jose50 gives and gets respect [800] Jose50 gives and gets respect [800] Jose50 gives and gets respect [800] Jose50 gives and gets respect [800] Jose50 gives and gets respect [800] Jose50 gives and gets respect [800] Jose50 gives and gets respect [800] Jose50 gives and gets respect [800] Jose50 gives and gets respect [800] Jose50 gives and gets respect [800] Jose50 gives and gets respect [800]
LB - you hit the nail on the head. There are too many people and organizations in this country who are just bleeding hearts for these poor oppressed (ILLEGAL) immigrants. Until the government gets its act together and backs up some of the laws that are already on the books, I can't see anything positive forthcoming on this issue.
Old 18 Aug 09, 14:47
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Mountain Man has disabled reputation
There is no "war on illegals", not even a skirmish. The American government has followed a meaningless policy for decades, and has been very careful to avoid actually accomplishing anything.

The Democrats, depending as they do on minorities as one of their supports, will do even less, unless they can find a way to allow all of the illegals to vote for them.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!