StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > American Age of Discovery, Colonization, Revolution, & Expansion > American Colonial Era

Notices and Announcements

American Colonial Era 1660-1763 The growth of North American colonies, often with a change in native & national control.

Old 27 Oct 12, 00:28
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States

KRJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] KRJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] KRJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] KRJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] KRJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] KRJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] KRJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] KRJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] KRJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] KRJ has demonstrated strength of character [100] KRJ has demonstrated strength of character [100]
In the Carolina back country.

Hopefully planning a long hunt into eastern Tennessee and Kentucky.
Old 27 Oct 12, 03:58
General of the Forums
Scotland
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700]
the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Ireland, although I may've followed the example of many of my countrymen and joined the British army (my ancestors didn't emigrate to Scotland until the Potato Famine).
Old 27 Oct 12, 04:16
General of the Forums
UK
5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

Surrey is a jewel in the rough [500]
Surrey is a jewel in the rough [500] Surrey is a jewel in the rough [500] Surrey is a jewel in the rough [500] Surrey is a jewel in the rough [500] Surrey is a jewel in the rough [500] Surrey is a jewel in the rough [500] Surrey is a jewel in the rough [500]
Probably on a ship somewhere. While I haven't tracked back 250 years, most I have tracked back to the early c19th were sailors.
Old 21 Nov 12, 11:29
Lieutenant Colonel
UK

Nickuru is on the path to success [1-99] Nickuru is on the path to success [1-99] Nickuru is on the path to success [1-99] Nickuru is on the path to success [1-99] Nickuru is on the path to success [1-99] Nickuru is on the path to success [1-99] Nickuru is on the path to success [1-99]
On a sailing ship heading to Indian Ocean. As an officer rounding the Cape of Good Hope during one the storms which come off the Antarctic Circumpolar current. Rescuing a sailor on the midmast trapped by a snapped rig. Tying down the sails while winds were biting into my hands. When I woke up from this dream, my hands ached.
Old 21 Nov 12, 16:51
General of the Forums
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C SPQR Campaign 
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Traveling down the Thompson and Fraser Rivers mapping what would eventually be the province of British Columbia.
Sponsored Links

Old 21 Nov 12, 18:05
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800] OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800]
OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800] OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800] OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800]
Ireland.
Old 11 Apr 13, 19:16
First Lieutenant
Canada

SmackUm is on the path to success [1-99] SmackUm is on the path to success [1-99] SmackUm is on the path to success [1-99] SmackUm is on the path to success [1-99] SmackUm is on the path to success [1-99]
Traveling by canoe from Fort William towards Fort Astoria!

Last edited by SmackUm; 11 Apr 13 at 20:18..
Old 11 Apr 13, 19:23
First Lieutenant
China

Zhang Xun is on the path to success [1-99] Zhang Xun is on the path to success [1-99] Zhang Xun is on the path to success [1-99] Zhang Xun is on the path to success [1-99] Zhang Xun is on the path to success [1-99]
Exploring
Old 11 Apr 13, 20:20
First Lieutenant
Canada

SmackUm is on the path to success [1-99] SmackUm is on the path to success [1-99] SmackUm is on the path to success [1-99] SmackUm is on the path to success [1-99] SmackUm is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhang Xun View Post
Exploring
Me too and just trying to stay alive...lol
Old 11 Apr 13, 20:20
Banned
United_States

Shoeless is walking in the light [200] Shoeless is walking in the light [200] Shoeless is walking in the light [200] Shoeless is walking in the light [200] Shoeless is walking in the light [200] Shoeless is walking in the light [200] Shoeless is walking in the light [200] Shoeless is walking in the light [200] Shoeless is walking in the light [200] Shoeless is walking in the light [200] Shoeless is walking in the light [200]

Art by James King.

250 years ago, I'd be in the Trans-Allegheny frontier, not yet in violation of the Proclamation of 1763.

I'd probably be living in dread of the oncoming spring, and with it the return of Indian war parties.
Old 11 Apr 13, 20:21
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II SPQR Campaign 

Captain General gives and gets respect [800]
Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800]
Most likely dead from disease.

I probably would have died 14 years ago when I had viral pneumonia (damn near killed me in 1999).

If that hadn't got me I'd probably die from Diabetes since I'm on a regimen of daily insulin injections.

Homer

BoRG
Old 13 Apr 13, 18:00
First Lieutenant
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain General View Post
Most likely dead from disease.

I probably would have died 14 years ago when I had viral pneumonia (damn near killed me in 1999).

If that hadn't got me I'd probably die from Diabetes since I'm on a regimen of daily insulin injections.
Yeah...I've got a few heath issues my self and as I'm getting older I find that I am going to lots of funerals...Man they are such somber affair's I think they need to put the fun back in funeral...
Cheers,Pat
Old 15 Apr 13, 15:10
ACG Forums - General Staff
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 

Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400]
On the Scots-Irish side they would have been on the frontier in the Shenadoah Valley fighting in the Virginia Militia, while the Welsh side would have been pressed from a coal mine into the Royal Navy.

Peace through superior firepower.
Old 15 Apr 13, 16:56
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Mountain Man has disabled reputation
Old 15 Apr 13, 17:49
General of the Forums
Russia
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sennef View Post
Wow, there's so much wrong with this picture, starting from the bizarre red uniforms and the naval flag and ending with the incongruous half-Kalmyks half-"Cossacks", that the only thing this picture lacks is a dancing bear with a tea-urn. At least the artist bothered to search for a pic of the Winter Palace.

Quote:
you could join the Russian army as a foreigner as during Catherine's reign Russia endeavoured into military expansion and to great success.
I can attest to that - my distant German ancestor did just that and, if the family lore is true, he ended up becoming a Colonel with his own small landed estate in the Ukraine.

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!