StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > World History Group Hosting > RKKA (The Russian Army) in World War II

Notices and Announcements

RKKA (The Russian Army) in World War II Discuss the Russian armed forces in World War II. Hosted by our resident Russian expert, AMVAS. Please visit his RKKA in WW2 Website.

View Poll Results: Are you interested in Y.V.Klimov's memoirs?
Yes. No doubt. 81 89.01%
Yes. You are a charming KGB provocator, and I want to read your biased propaganda 5 5.49%
No. No way, Jose! 2 2.20%
No. Though you are a very handsome KGB agent, it doesn't compensate for biasity of your propaganda 3 3.30%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05 Apr 08, 02:56
Colonel
Russia
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Egorka has demonstrated strength of character [100] Egorka has demonstrated strength of character [100] Egorka has demonstrated strength of character [100] Egorka has demonstrated strength of character [100] Egorka has demonstrated strength of character [100] Egorka has demonstrated strength of character [100] Egorka has demonstrated strength of character [100] Egorka has demonstrated strength of character [100] Egorka has demonstrated strength of character [100] Egorka has demonstrated strength of character [100] Egorka has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Who is interested in my granddad's memoirs?

Hello,

My granddad, Yurii V. Klimov (1922-2002), left 3 volumes of hand writen memoirs. More than 1000 pages including photographs where he describes his life from the childhood in a tiny Sibirian town until the retirement in Moscow. During the war he was in occupation in the city of Odessa until april 1944. After he was in RKKA the second line troop delivering the munition to the frontline. He was in Romania, Yugoslavia and ended the war in Hungary. After the war he studied in Moscow in the "Institute of Geodesy, Aerial photography and Cartography". He was working in the area of the soil recourse management for agricultural and industrial purposes.

I started to convert them into electronic format. So far I inserted only first 40 pages.
You can get a taste of it in the following Russian links:

* part 1: http://egorka-datskij.livejournal.com/42044.html
* part 2: http://egorka-datskij.livejournal.com/43820.html
* part 3: http://egorka-datskij.livejournal.com/54914.html
* part 4: coming soon

And you can get a taste of it in English in these couple of places:

* quote 1: http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/show...491#post100491
* quote 2: http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/show...951#post121951

The question is do you want me to translate some parts of it into Eglish and place in the forum?
I need to know how many people are interested as it is not so easy for me to translate it. It also takes much time...

Last edited by Egorka; 05 Apr 08 at 03:09..
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 05 Apr 08, 03:09
Lieutenant General
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 

Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100] Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100] Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100] Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100] Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100] Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100] Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100] Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100] Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100] Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Thanks, cool I will check these out! You're lucky to have something like this.
Old 05 Apr 08, 03:11
Colonel
Russia

Egorka has demonstrated strength of character [100] Egorka has demonstrated strength of character [100] Egorka has demonstrated strength of character [100] Egorka has demonstrated strength of character [100] Egorka has demonstrated strength of character [100] Egorka has demonstrated strength of character [100] Egorka has demonstrated strength of character [100] Egorka has demonstrated strength of character [100] Egorka has demonstrated strength of character [100] Egorka has demonstrated strength of character [100] Egorka has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil_G View Post
Thanks, cool I will check these out! You're lucky to have something like this.
Emil, in case you are interested I guess you should rather read the Russian version.
It is would be better than my translation.
Old 05 Apr 08, 03:20
Captain
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Brummbar33 is on the path to success [1-99] Brummbar33 is on the path to success [1-99] Brummbar33 is on the path to success [1-99] Brummbar33 is on the path to success [1-99] Brummbar33 is on the path to success [1-99] Brummbar33 is on the path to success [1-99]
Thumbs up

I would read it. What I Have read so far (english version) is very interesting.
Old 05 Apr 08, 03:23
ACG Forums - General Staff
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign Greatest Westerns Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 

Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Biscuit has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
I am sorry to say that I haven't made it that far East yet. The Western Front keeps my attention and I still have so much to learn. But I wanted to take a moment to congratulate you on having such a treasure and to thank you for sharing it with everyone. Good day!
Old 05 Apr 08, 04:43
General of the Forums
Canada
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 

joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100]
joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100]
Well yes comrade why do you doubt it? Although it is a great deal of work for you!
Old 05 Apr 08, 07:23
General of the Forums
Canada
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

tigersqn is a jewel in the rough [500]
tigersqn is a jewel in the rough [500] tigersqn is a jewel in the rough [500] tigersqn is a jewel in the rough [500] tigersqn is a jewel in the rough [500] tigersqn is a jewel in the rough [500] tigersqn is a jewel in the rough [500] tigersqn is a jewel in the rough [500] tigersqn is a jewel in the rough [500]
Agreed.
No doubt we all here at ACG Forums would love to read your grandfather's accounts.
The little nuggets you've provided have been very interesting.
Old 05 Apr 08, 08:48
Staff Sergeant
Belgium

Vitaly is on the path to success [1-99] Vitaly is on the path to success [1-99]
Very interesting story!
Old 05 Apr 08, 09:39
Corporal
United_States

white.bass is on the path to success [1-99]
i would also enjoy reading this russian account of WWII but it would have to be in English
Old 05 Apr 08, 13:20
Lieutenant General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Thumbs up You bet Egorka!!

English as well for me please, the actual combat and times just before and after battles would spark my interest as well, when you have the time.

Cheers, I join with others in wishing you the best of luck on getting parts translated for some of us here interested in this great find you have, thanks for sharing!!

Best regards

Tom
Sponsored Links

Old 06 Apr 08, 09:10
ACG Forums - Field Marshal
Sami
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700]
I agree, it would be very interesting to read.

Max Sterner
Old 06 Apr 08, 10:33
Gunnery Sergeant
Sweden

ThomasM is on the path to success [1-99] ThomasM is on the path to success [1-99]
I agree as well!
Would suprise me if there is anyone on this forum that would NOT want to read them! but ENGLISH for me please!
Old 06 Apr 08, 17:33
Colonel
Russia

Thanks guys,

of course in English. That is why I am asking if there are people interested as it takes me time to translate.

I will translate some selected more interesting parts about life in USSR before the WW2 and during WW2.
I will add the translations into this thread. But give me some time. I will start in a month or so.
Old 06 Apr 08, 20:40
Lieutenant General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100] TRDG has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Thumbs up That

Sounds good to me, thanks!!

Cheers

Tom
Old 07 Apr 08, 05:53
Lieutenant General
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 

Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100] Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100] Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100] Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100] Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100] Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100] Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100] Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100] Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100] Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Egorka, I just read all the chapters you posted in Russian. Very nice! Your grandad sounds like a professional writer! I enjoyed this, looking forward to more.

Also, you did a great job scanning and indexing and making comments. There are some minor spelling errors in places but overall not a problem.

Last edited by Emil_G; 07 Apr 08 at 06:06..

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!