StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Forum Resources > The Barracks

Notices and Announcements

The Barracks For stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Members can retire from the serious discussions elsewhere on the forums...and relax here.

Old 24 Mar 08, 01:10
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Yeah, I own a phaser, but the batteries are dead.

(Better to die on your feet than live on your knees)
Old 24 Mar 08, 01:25
General of the Forums
United_States

MonsterZero has achieved enlightenment [1200+] MonsterZero has achieved enlightenment [1200+] MonsterZero has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
MonsterZero has achieved enlightenment [1200+] MonsterZero has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slug View Post
Dang Monster!
Look at all those young women.
It's all women.
Can you wine and dine them?
Maybe you guys can play Monopoly and Risk, that would be great.
How did you put that little arrow on there?
Not a chance, Slug. As you know, if it looks too good to be true then it isn't. They're just classmates. If you look at male nurses very few actually hook up on the job. Health care has by far the most hostile climate for dating and stuff. What they're showing on TV ("ER", "Grey's Anatomy") it's like the complete opposite of the true situation. A majority of women in health care won't date an average guy like you and me. It's a lot less stressful to call your friends and ask them to hook you up with somebody.

Sexual harassment policies are everywhere in health care, the dudes from "Grey's Anatomy" would have been out of a job within a month in real life. In a respectable hospital young doctors are worth a dime a dozen.

I put the arrow in the picture using an imaging program called Fireworks.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
--Frederick II, King of Prussia

Last edited by MonsterZero; 24 Mar 08 at 01:45..
Old 24 Mar 08, 02:04
General of the Forums
Armchair_General
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C SPQR Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) 

Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
From our special day last year!

This is when we had some wedding photos done on a beach after leaving the church, what the photographer didn't realise was this was the same beach where I proposed to my lovely lady a few years earlier.
We aren't too happy with most of our wedding pics and currently in the process of getting them "fixed!"

First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure. - Mark Twain.
Old 24 Mar 08, 02:18
ACG Forums - Morale Officer
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 

Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterZero View Post
A majority of women in health care won't date an average guy like you and me.
We're not average!
Maybe below average, but not average.
Different maybe.

You know how I look.
I beat the odds.
You look a little like Sean Connery, 007, in that picture.

You need a car.
Do you have a cool car?

I'll bet you could take one to one of those Chicago places to eat you told us about.
Everyone likes pizza.
After one date and pizza, they will be chasing you!

I was a total loser until I met Dolley.
Took about 30 years.
She cleaned me up, taught me fashion, and squared me away.
Hang in there Babe!
Half the world is females.
She's out there right now.
In a pizza parlor, or a Taco Bell.

Idea!
Go to a Hooter's and somehow let them know you are a medical person.
That should be a plus.
Can you see yourself in the middle of all that?

Old 24 Mar 08, 03:17
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada

PzKfwBob is walking in the light [200] PzKfwBob is walking in the light [200] PzKfwBob is walking in the light [200] PzKfwBob is walking in the light [200] PzKfwBob is walking in the light [200] PzKfwBob is walking in the light [200] PzKfwBob is walking in the light [200] PzKfwBob is walking in the light [200] PzKfwBob is walking in the light [200] PzKfwBob is walking in the light [200] PzKfwBob is walking in the light [200]
Cool

RUM DUM ON A BEACH IN CUBA

History does not record anywhere at any time a religion that has any rational basis.
Lazarus Long

Draw the blinds on yesterday and it's all so much scarier....
David Bowie
Sponsored Links

Old 24 Mar 08, 03:53
Lieutenant General
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 

Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100] Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100] Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100] Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100] Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100] Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100] Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100] Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100] Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100] Emil_G has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Post Uncanny!

Outside of Achtung Baby, most everyone is exactly how I pictured them! It's amazing. Especially MonsterZero.

Hey, I remember a time when dads didn't know how to use computers!

Any of you have daughters btw?

Here's me, May 2005 in Normady (Utah beach):
Attachment 20792

Last edited by Emil_G; 10 Jul 08 at 12:40..
Old 24 Mar 08, 05:10
General of the Forums
Pirate
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign SPQR Campaign 

Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Talking Living in a van, down by the river....

"This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG
Old 24 Mar 08, 06:16
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]  [+1]
Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
[QUOTE=Emil_G;887911]Outside of Achtung Baby, most everyone is exactly how I pictured them! It's amazing. Especially MonsterZero.

AB does seem a bit grey around the sides for being only 36

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

'half-baked, spurious nationalism'
Old 24 Mar 08, 06:31
General of the Forums
Armchair_General
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C SPQR Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) 

Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Outside of Achtung Baby, most everyone is exactly how I pictured them! It's amazing. Especially MonsterZero.

AB does seem a bit grey around the sides for being only 36
That's true... my mum went grey early and I soon discovered at a younger age that I had that gene too!

My wife doesn't mind one bit.

First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure. - Mark Twain.
Old 24 Mar 08, 07:34
Supreme Ruler of the Universe
Sinc
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Model Forum Group Build 

Doctor Sinister gives and gets respect [800] Doctor Sinister gives and gets respect [800]
Doctor Sinister gives and gets respect [800] Doctor Sinister gives and gets respect [800] Doctor Sinister gives and gets respect [800] Doctor Sinister gives and gets respect [800] Doctor Sinister gives and gets respect [800]
Me with Tabletown.

Dr. S.
Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk
Old 24 Mar 08, 07:43
General of the Forums
Finland
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900]
Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900]
I don't usually post pictures of me on the net, but since this is such a nice forum I'll make an exception:

Me having my favorite drink, jack and coke.

Old 24 Mar 08, 08:05
Captain
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Brummbar33 is on the path to success [1-99] Brummbar33 is on the path to success [1-99] Brummbar33 is on the path to success [1-99] Brummbar33 is on the path to success [1-99] Brummbar33 is on the path to success [1-99] Brummbar33 is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PzKfwBob View Post

Damn Bob you are my long lost twin brother!
Old 24 Mar 08, 08:26
Lieutenant General
Scotland
5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign 

Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500] Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500] Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500] Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500] Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500] Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500] Fodder76 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Sinister View Post
Me with Tabletown.

Dr. S.
I'm officially opening the "Buy Doc S a Pair of Socks" charity drive.

Lego addiction is a terrible affliction You'll be pawning your wedding ring next.
Old 24 Mar 08, 09:43
General of the Forums
United_States

MonsterZero has achieved enlightenment [1200+] MonsterZero has achieved enlightenment [1200+] MonsterZero has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
MonsterZero has achieved enlightenment [1200+] MonsterZero has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PzKfwBob View Post

PzKfw, are you a double amputee poor guy or is it just the angle of the camera?

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
--Frederick II, King of Prussia
Old 24 Mar 08, 09:55
General of the Forums
Canada
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 

joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100]
joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100]
Here I am last summer in the Alps:

That's a Swiss Army 105 MM gun outside the entrance to one of their mountain fortresses, now a tourist attraction (it was closed the day we were there).

We climbed a trail near Lake Champex up to 2800 metres. Great scenery though the trail was a bit narrow at times.

Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!