HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > Weapons of War

Notices and Announcements

Weapons of War The machinery of warfare. .

Old 20 Nov 07, 07:31
Major General
Germany
March Offensive Summer Campaign 

cyberia is a glorious beacon of light [700]
cyberia is a glorious beacon of light [700] cyberia is a glorious beacon of light [700] cyberia is a glorious beacon of light [700] cyberia is a glorious beacon of light [700] cyberia is a glorious beacon of light [700] cyberia is a glorious beacon of light [700] cyberia is a glorious beacon of light [700] cyberia is a glorious beacon of light [700] cyberia is a glorious beacon of light [700] cyberia is a glorious beacon of light [700] cyberia is a glorious beacon of light [700] cyberia is a glorious beacon of light [700] cyberia is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Four-Wheelers of the Wehrmacht

Probably one of the best know four-wheel vehicles in German service in World War II, the Kubelwagen.

Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 20 Nov 07, 10:25
Brigadier General
Pirate
5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Pirate-Drakk is on a distinguished road [300] Pirate-Drakk is on a distinguished road [300] Pirate-Drakk is on a distinguished road [300] Pirate-Drakk is on a distinguished road [300] Pirate-Drakk is on a distinguished road [300] Pirate-Drakk is on a distinguished road [300] Pirate-Drakk is on a distinguished road [300] Pirate-Drakk is on a distinguished road [300] Pirate-Drakk is on a distinguished road [300] Pirate-Drakk is on a distinguished road [300] Pirate-Drakk is on a distinguished road [300] Pirate-Drakk is on a distinguished road [300] Pirate-Drakk is on a distinguished road [300] Pirate-Drakk is on a distinguished road [300]
This is my favorite 4-wheeler. It's one of the models used for a German staff car.

Mercedes Benz 500 K Cabriolet C

I want one!

I have this great book filled with cool Mercedes that I recommend:

Mercedes Benz: Parade and Staff Cars of the Third Reich: An Illustrated History
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mercedes-Ben.../dp/0938289934

Enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3233-1.jpg (276.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 3233-2.jpg (194.5 KB, 1 views)
Old 20 Nov 07, 10:45
Brigadier General
Pirate
5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Pirate-Drakk is on a distinguished road [300] Pirate-Drakk is on a distinguished road [300] Pirate-Drakk is on a distinguished road [300] Pirate-Drakk is on a distinguished road [300] Pirate-Drakk is on a distinguished road [300] Pirate-Drakk is on a distinguished road [300] Pirate-Drakk is on a distinguished road [300] Pirate-Drakk is on a distinguished road [300] Pirate-Drakk is on a distinguished road [300] Pirate-Drakk is on a distinguished road [300] Pirate-Drakk is on a distinguished road [300] Pirate-Drakk is on a distinguished road [300] Pirate-Drakk is on a distinguished road [300] Pirate-Drakk is on a distinguished road [300]
OK, here's what you really were after. A gratuitous Schwimwagen.

That looks like a blast to me!

This web site has a bunch of good pics. Check out the links near the bottom of the page:
http://members.aol.com/brimiljeep/We...wagenPage.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg schwimmwagen05.jpg (39.4 KB, 79 views)
Old 20 Nov 07, 11:32
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

dgfred is simply cracking [600]
dgfred is simply cracking [600] dgfred is simply cracking [600] dgfred is simply cracking [600] dgfred is simply cracking [600] dgfred is simply cracking [600] dgfred is simply cracking [600] dgfred is simply cracking [600] dgfred is simply cracking [600] dgfred is simply cracking [600] dgfred is simply cracking [600] dgfred is simply cracking [600]
Dang, the staff car looks sweeeeeeet . Thanks for the pics.
Old 20 Nov 07, 11:44
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgfred View Post
Dang, the staff car looks sweeeeeeet . Thanks for the pics.
VERY SWEET.

FB 327 th ASD/ADD 165th Avn Grp RVN

NO one wins a war!!!! They just lose less.

Old 20 Nov 07, 13:06
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

ace has a spectacular aura about [400]
ace has a spectacular aura about [400] ace has a spectacular aura about [400] ace has a spectacular aura about [400] ace has a spectacular aura about [400] ace has a spectacular aura about [400]
nice
"The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
"
Old 20 Nov 07, 13:09
Major General
Germany
March Offensive Summer Campaign 

cyberia is a glorious beacon of light [700]
cyberia is a glorious beacon of light [700] cyberia is a glorious beacon of light [700] cyberia is a glorious beacon of light [700] cyberia is a glorious beacon of light [700] cyberia is a glorious beacon of light [700] cyberia is a glorious beacon of light [700] cyberia is a glorious beacon of light [700] cyberia is a glorious beacon of light [700] cyberia is a glorious beacon of light [700] cyberia is a glorious beacon of light [700] cyberia is a glorious beacon of light [700] cyberia is a glorious beacon of light [700] cyberia is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Issued in very small numbers, the vehicle in this propaganda photo from September 1, 1939 leading a column of Protzkraftwagens is the Stower M12. Probably one of the least recognizable vehicles in use with the Wehrmacht.

Note the Polish border marker in the rear compartment.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg M12.jpg (154.2 KB, 84 views)
Old 21 Nov 07, 15:46
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Yes, the staff car is sweet...

Maybe Im just weird, but if I had my choice, I would have to take a closer look at the Schwimmwagon.

I like to have fun with my wheels

"There is no Ebola Train wreck."- Combat Engineer.
Old 21 Nov 07, 16:33
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
Yes, the staff car is sweet...

Maybe Im just weird, but if I had my choice, I would have to take a closer look at the Schwimmwagon.

I like to have fun with my wheels

Weird indeed The 500 has a much bigger back seat.

FB 327 th ASD/ADD 165th Avn Grp RVN

NO one wins a war!!!! They just lose less.

Old 21 Nov 07, 18:06
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
sigh.... city folk!

"There is no Ebola Train wreck."- Combat Engineer.
Sponsored Links

Old 21 Nov 07, 19:14
ACG Forums - Air Marshal
South_Vietnam
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

RichardS has achieved enlightenment [1200+] RichardS has achieved enlightenment [1200+] RichardS has achieved enlightenment [1200+] RichardS has achieved enlightenment [1200+] RichardS has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
RichardS has achieved enlightenment [1200+] RichardS has achieved enlightenment [1200+] RichardS has achieved enlightenment [1200+] RichardS has achieved enlightenment [1200+] RichardS has achieved enlightenment [1200+] RichardS has achieved enlightenment [1200+] RichardS has achieved enlightenment [1200+] RichardS has achieved enlightenment [1200+] RichardS has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
One of my favorites.

SDKFZ-222

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

Calling Nazis ratzis is an insult to rats around the world.
Old 23 Nov 07, 22:04
ACG Forums - canis administrationem
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Question

I wonder why there was not more emphasis on amphibious recon vehicles like the schwimwagen? There are all sorts of water obstacles in Europe and you'd think something like this would be very handy.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.
Old 23 Nov 07, 22:20
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

MonsterZero is a pillar of the community [1100] MonsterZero is a pillar of the community [1100]
MonsterZero is a pillar of the community [1100] MonsterZero is a pillar of the community [1100] MonsterZero is a pillar of the community [1100] MonsterZero is a pillar of the community [1100] MonsterZero is a pillar of the community [1100] MonsterZero is a pillar of the community [1100] MonsterZero is a pillar of the community [1100] MonsterZero is a pillar of the community [1100] MonsterZero is a pillar of the community [1100] MonsterZero is a pillar of the community [1100] MonsterZero is a pillar of the community [1100] MonsterZero is a pillar of the community [1100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate-Drakk View Post
This is my favorite 4-wheeler. It's one of the models used for a German staff car.

Mercedes Benz 500 K Cabriolet C

I have this great book filled with cool Mercedes that I recommend:

Mercedes Benz: Parade and Staff Cars of the Third Reich: An Illustrated History
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mercedes-Ben.../dp/0938289934

Enjoy!
LOL, just what I needed for the Thanksgiving parade here in Chicago. I'd stand upright in the back of one and greet the crowd. Ladies would scream in excitement at my arrival.

"Man is a military animal, glories in gunpowder, and loves parade."
--P. J. Bailey, British poet
Old 23 Nov 07, 22:27
Colonel
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Kevin Kenneally has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kevin Kenneally has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kevin Kenneally has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kevin Kenneally has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kevin Kenneally has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kevin Kenneally has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kevin Kenneally has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kevin Kenneally has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kevin Kenneally has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Armored Car

The PSW 222 was an AWESOME four wheeler.

Could go fast and deliver 20mm HE rounds at an enemy.
Old 24 Nov 07, 18:30
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada

PzKfwBob is walking in the light [200] PzKfwBob is walking in the light [200] PzKfwBob is walking in the light [200] PzKfwBob is walking in the light [200] PzKfwBob is walking in the light [200] PzKfwBob is walking in the light [200] PzKfwBob is walking in the light [200] PzKfwBob is walking in the light [200] PzKfwBob is walking in the light [200] PzKfwBob is walking in the light [200] PzKfwBob is walking in the light [200]
If nothing else, If all else was forgotten, Hitler, will have defined what a despot ruler should be riding around in.

History does not record anywhere at any time a religion that has any rational basis.
Lazarus Long

Draw the blinds on yesterday and it's all so much scarier....
David Bowie

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!