HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > History Library > Military Modelling and Other Hobbies

Notices and Announcements

Military Modelling and Other Hobbies Discuss model building, memorabilia, art, and other hobbies.

Old 16 Nov 07, 14:53
Brigadier General
United_States

Dallas is on the path to success [1-99] Dallas is on the path to success [1-99] Dallas is on the path to success [1-99] Dallas is on the path to success [1-99] Dallas is on the path to success [1-99] Dallas is on the path to success [1-99] Dallas is on the path to success [1-99]
Israeli Tank Colors

Does anybody know when the Israeli's started using their own shade of Tan for their tanks and vehicles in the desert. I know that in the '56 war they were still using British tan or something close to it. My next project is a M-51 Israeli Sherman set in the 1967 war and I want to make sure I use the correct colors.
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 16 Nov 07, 15:02
Brigadier General
Sweden
Model Forum Group Build 

McCoy has demonstrated strength of character [100] McCoy has demonstrated strength of character [100] McCoy has demonstrated strength of character [100] McCoy has demonstrated strength of character [100] McCoy has demonstrated strength of character [100] McCoy has demonstrated strength of character [100] McCoy has demonstrated strength of character [100] McCoy has demonstrated strength of character [100] McCoy has demonstrated strength of character [100] McCoy has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Sorry! I'm not knowledgable when it comes to modern armour n' colours.
Old 16 Nov 07, 19:34
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build Victor - Ace) Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) Greatest Westerns Campaign 

razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400]
I think you chose wisely Dallas, I just saw your Dio. posted. I'm not positive but I believe they switched to the greyish-tan (the old Polly-S colour was called 'Sahara Sand') in the early to mid 60's, I think around '63-'64.

BTW nice job! ,

razorboy

http://www.lufttiger.com/

“The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom." - George S. Patton
Old 16 Nov 07, 19:41
Brigadier General
United_States

Dallas is on the path to success [1-99] Dallas is on the path to success [1-99] Dallas is on the path to success [1-99] Dallas is on the path to success [1-99] Dallas is on the path to success [1-99] Dallas is on the path to success [1-99] Dallas is on the path to success [1-99]
Thanks for the info on the color switch.

Last edited by Dallas; 16 Nov 07 at 19:44..
Old 16 Nov 07, 19:44
Brigadier General
Sweden
Model Forum Group Build 

McCoy has demonstrated strength of character [100] McCoy has demonstrated strength of character [100] McCoy has demonstrated strength of character [100] McCoy has demonstrated strength of character [100] McCoy has demonstrated strength of character [100] McCoy has demonstrated strength of character [100] McCoy has demonstrated strength of character [100] McCoy has demonstrated strength of character [100] McCoy has demonstrated strength of character [100] McCoy has demonstrated strength of character [100]
http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...ad.php?t=57461

It's Duncan's recent thread that's been mixed up...
Old 16 Nov 07, 19:46
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build Victor - Ace) Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) Greatest Westerns Campaign 

razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400] razorboy has a spectacular aura about [400]
Totally my bad Dallas, I was trying to edit that post once I realized it wasn't yours. It was the post Duncan made a while ago entitled "Week 36 inspiration for Dallas". The colour on that Sherman is, I believe, correct.

“The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom." - George S. Patton
Old 16 Nov 07, 20:51
Brigadier General
United_States

No problems, thats all.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!